Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: "Fireman Ed" Resigns

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    I'd support a comeback of Fireman Ed, but probably most people wouldn't since he announced he was stopping, but whatever, the Jets blow, they're going to continue to blow, and all is right in the world.

The only thing I'm interested in at this point is if I can actually sell my 125.00 seats for 65.00 with a parking pass thrown in for this weekend's game on stubhub? lmao
    Maybe mentioning that this will be the first game post-Ed will attract some buyers...

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Maybe the guy just needed a break. Maybe he needed time to recharge his batteries.

I think we can all relate to that.
    No question....... the JETS have taken the wind out of the sails of many the last year.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    blablabla

SAR I
    Stop posting. Unfortunately you are just the kind of fan this franchise currently deserves.

What a shame...Met Fireman Ed a few times tailgating and he was always kind enough to say hello and shoot the shlt with me and anyone else who said hello to him.
    He has always been a class act and represented us and our team well. It's just amazing to me how any fan or fans wouldn't treat the guy with the respect and admiration that he deserves. I guess he's right, it's a sign of the continuing demise of society.
    God Bless You, Ed, you've been and still are an inspiration to all REAL Jets fans.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    Maybe mentioning that this will be the first game post-Ed will attract some buyers...
    True, but in the meantime I dropped them to 50, and still no takers yet! lol

Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Just another blow to a franchise in such HUGE decline.

From the team owner and his horrible money-grabbing behemoth piece of crap stadium.....

To the front office......

To the coaching staff......

To the bundle of backstabbing gutless ("anonymous") overpaid under-performing players.......

To the embarrassing hateful obnoxious a**hole fans who've infiltrated since the new stadium opened and have resorted in attacking their own brethren.....

This franchise is such a clusterf*ck right now.

I don't think I've ever been this embarrassed being a Jets fan.
    Right on the money! 100%

SAR I is the Fireman Ed of jets insider.

Hall Of Fame
    Far be it for me to interrupt the SAR-athon but...

Just because SAR I has managed turn this thread into his own personal SAR-fest and just because Ed is a favorite of some on here does not mean that there are not some of us who have felt uncomfortable and slightly queasy for years with the whole Fireman Ed thing. There are and we have. The whole timing of this "I am leaving" thing is a little melodramatic IMO.

Yet another back page I suppose for the Jets in a world that has been entirely too full of them.
    Last edited by EM31; 11-26-2012 at 08:02 AM.

It's not true until he starts his very own farewell thread here on the Strip.

Veteran
    Well sh!t. Me and my daughter love Ed leading the J E T S cheer. Anyone thinking is is good can EAD. You 'bad fans', and I know you don't know who you are, but you fahqrs booing MS or chanting Tebow, your the freaking Losers.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I thought sanchez's lowest moment would be buttgate. But this takes the cake. Sanchez is so bad, fans threatened the mascot out of his job because he wore sanchez's jersey.

Someone tell fireman ed that sanchez only started one year in college and to go look at drew brees and eli mannings third year stats.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.
    I kept supporting Sanchez hoping that he would turn the corner but the truth is he has no leadership ability & he was just along for the ride in 2009 & 2010.
    2011 & 2012 are true pictures of Sanchez & he just can't even make a play.
    It's amazing how bad he is when the pocket breaks slightly.
    Has he made one play this year when he was out of the pocket?
    He's killing the heart of the team.
    Mark is the weakest link. He could be replaced by so many other QBs in this league for so much less money that could do the same stupid chit he does every week.
    Chad Henne is a better QB than Mark.
    Does anyone here think that Mark could come off the bench & combine with Blackman for over 200 yards?

Now what if Ed decides to come back?? Do we applaud him or mock him as a quitter?

Veteran
    WFAN Boomer&Carton trying to get Ed on for interview.

Quote Originally Posted by VINNYT View Post
    SAR I is the Fireman Ed of jets insider.
    please do not put fireman and sar's name in the same sentence.thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    SAR raises a good point. Good post.

Ed took his ball home. He doesn't deserve sympathy.
    Not true, he will still come to games, just won't sit in those same seats and won't lead the chant anymore. BTW, I don't think he was asking for sympathy...

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    Now what if Ed decides to come back?? Do we applaud him or mock him as a quitter?
    He's not allowed to come back.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Green + White View Post
    Stop posting. Unfortunately you are just the kind of fan this franchise currently deserves.
    Someone who paid his PSL like a good boy and attends every home game? Someone who knows how and when to cheer and doesn't need a 55 year old mascot to tell him?

Yup, you got it.

SAR I

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. – Bill Belichick once famously quit the New York Jets, without ever coaching a game, by scribbling "I resign as HC of the NYJ" on a piece of paper.

The Jets' most attention-seeking fan, "Fireman Ed", aka former New York firefighter Ed Anzalone, used 275 words to do essentially the same thing. In a self-penned column in the Metro, the free newspaper handed out mostly at subway stations, Anzalone announced he will no longer attend games as "Fireman Ed."

Anzalone became famous for leading the "J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets" chants at home games while wearing a fireman's helmet.

Anzalone cited the coarsening of conditions at Jets games due to fans' anger at the team's struggles this season and the quarterback controversy between starter Mark Sanchez and backup Tim Tebow. Anzalone wears a Sanchez jersey to games and said he left Thursday's blowout loss to the New England Patriots at halftime due to heckling.

"This is an indication of how society has lost and is continuing to lose respect for one another," Anzalone wrote. "… The fact that I chose to wear a Mark Sanchez jersey this year and that fans think I am on the payroll – which is an outright lie – have made these confrontations more frequent. Whether it's in the stands, the bathroom or the parking lot, these confrontations are happening on a consistent basis.

"Although I can 'hold my own,' I do not want to lose my temper and make a stupid mistake," he continued.

Anzalone said he'll still attend games, just not wearing the helmet or to lead cheers on the stadium Jumbotron. He has been a Jets fan since 1975. The team has failed to win a Super Bowl during that time (its only championship came in 1968).

The defection of Fireman Ed is the latest in the Jets' bizarre, circus-like season which has included as many soap opera turns as ugly defeats. The fact that a fan would need to write a column explaining his rationale for quitting what is an unpaid, unofficial "job" is comical yet predictable.

The Jets are a disappointing 4-7 on the season and the offseason signing of Tebow has made little impact on the field while leaving the team dealing with repeated sideshows and unnecessary dramas – from teammates anonymously ripping him to an apparent fan division so deep that even Fireman Ed is wary of having to fight someone in the stands.

"We have had much worse teams than this and I never left before," Anzalone wrote. "I pride myself in that, because I am not a quitter."

The Jets have had far worse teams through the years. Yet maybe none has been quite as strange as this season's club.

At least Belichick, who cited uncertain ownership for quitting in 2000 after just one day on the job, practiced brevity in his announcement. Fireman Ed went on and on. Belichick wound up the head coach of archrival New England, where he's won three Super Bowls and dominated the AFC East.

That decision truly hurt the franchise. This one is simply absurd.

"I will always love the Jets because they are in my heart, and I will attend games as usual, just not as Fireman Ed," Anzalone wrote. "God bless and, as always, let's go Jets!"

It's a circus perhaps only the J-E-T-S could create.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Just another blow to a franchise in such HUGE decline.

From the team owner and his horrible money-grabbing behemoth piece of crap stadium.....

To the front office......

To the coaching staff......

To the bundle of backstabbing gutless ("anonymous") overpaid under-performing players.......

To the embarrassing hateful obnoxious a**hole fans who've infiltrated since the new stadium opened and have resorted in attacking their own brethren.....

This franchise is such a clusterf*ck right now.

I don't think I've ever been this embarrassed being a Jets fan.
    +1

The worst I've seen it. Fan vs. Fan vitriol that not only takes place on the message board but now in the stadium towards guys like Ed. Some people here hate him more than they hate Pats fans. I dont get it.

At least in the Kotite years people felt bad for the Jets and the organization. It prompted a guy like Bill Parcells to WANT to come here and coach. We were the lovable losers.

Now we're just losers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. Bill Belichick once famously quit the New York Jets, without ever coaching a game, by scribbling "I resign as HC of the NYJ" on a piece of paper.

The Jets' most attention-seeking fan, "Fireman Ed", aka former New York firefighter Ed Anzalone, used 275 words to do essentially the same thing. In a self-penned column in the Metro, the free newspaper handed out mostly at subway stations, Anzalone announced he will no longer attend games as "Fireman Ed."

Anzalone became famous for leading the "J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets" chants at home games while wearing a fireman's helmet.

Anzalone cited the coarsening of conditions at Jets games due to fans' anger at the team's struggles this season and the quarterback controversy between starter Mark Sanchez and backup Tim Tebow. Anzalone wears a Sanchez jersey to games and said he left Thursday's blowout loss to the New England Patriots at halftime due to heckling.

"This is an indication of how society has lost and is continuing to lose respect for one another," Anzalone wrote. " The fact that I chose to wear a Mark Sanchez jersey this year and that fans think I am on the payroll which is an outright lie have made these confrontations more frequent. Whether it's in the stands, the bathroom or the parking lot, these confrontations are happening on a consistent basis.

"Although I can 'hold my own,' I do not want to lose my temper and make a stupid mistake," he continued.

Anzalone said he'll still attend games, just not wearing the helmet or to lead cheers on the stadium Jumbotron. He has been a Jets fan since 1975. The team has failed to win a Super Bowl during that time (its only championship came in 1968).

The defection of Fireman Ed is the latest in the Jets' bizarre, circus-like season which has included as many soap opera turns as ugly defeats. The fact that a fan would need to write a column explaining his rationale for quitting what is an unpaid, unofficial "job" is comical yet predictable.

The Jets are a disappointing 4-7 on the season and the offseason signing of Tebow has made little impact on the field while leaving the team dealing with repeated sideshows and unnecessary dramas from teammates anonymously ripping him to an apparent fan division so deep that even Fireman Ed is wary of having to fight someone in the stands.

"We have had much worse teams than this and I never left before," Anzalone wrote. "I pride myself in that, because I am not a quitter."

The Jets have had far worse teams through the years. Yet maybe none has been quite as strange as this season's club.

At least Belichick, who cited uncertain ownership for quitting in 2000 after just one day on the job, practiced brevity in his announcement. Fireman Ed went on and on. Belichick wound up the head coach of archrival New England, where he's won three Super Bowls and dominated the AFC East.

That decision truly hurt the franchise. This one is simply absurd.

"I will always love the Jets because they are in my heart, and I will attend games as usual, just not as Fireman Ed," Anzalone wrote. "God bless and, as always, let's go Jets!"

It's a circus perhaps only the J-E-T-S could create.
    Another opportunity for the braindead media to spin the circus theme, yeah, that card hasn't been played enough...