Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: "Fireman Ed" Resigns

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    His intent was always good, it was just his methods that I disagreed with.

Now is intent is bad, he's trying to do the Jets and their fans harm at a time when we're hurting and at an all-time low the likes of which we haven't seen since 1996.

Though his behavior confirms what many of us have suspected for years, it doesn't mean it's a good thing. In a very strange way, this may get Rex Ryan fired. So I may become the biggest Quitterman Ed fan there ever was.

SAR I
    Sar......if Rex does get fired for this whole Ed stuff, at least we know who's been making all these bad decisions over the years.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Geeeezzzz... has any other team in any pro sport ever had their #1 fan resign because of poor treatment by other fans? A sad testament to the character of Jets Fans in attendance at the games.

The good news is that he's gone, the nightmare is over.

Now we can just get a real mascot, a he-man looking stuffed farm animal just like everyone else.

We can call him "Chet".

SAR I

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't hate this guy but I also don't give a f about this guy either. To me he's just another Jets fan.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Someone who paid his PSL like a good boy and attends every home game? Someone who knows how and when to cheer and doesn't need a 55 year old mascot to tell him?

Yup, you got it.

SAR I
    Which is exactly why Jets fans are the worst home fans in the NFL.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    "Buy four or more PSL's today and YOU could be the new Jets chant leader for a full season! Remember, they're not tickets, they're BOARDING PASSES!!!"
    How about a new chant fee each year you pay after parking and handling fees. This will pay for stadium personnel to lead the chants in a fun, safe, and fan friendly way. Also, a one time fee next year to pay for the technology investment required to build some garrulous big screen chant interface and cheesy audio

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Now we can just get a real mascot, a he-man looking stuffed farm animal just like everyone else.

We can call him "Chet".

SAR I
    heres your chance to finally do something positive for this organization.

wear this costume to the games and let everyone know how you really feel.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    Which is exactly why Jets fans are the worst home fans in the NFL.
    So an imaginary mascot we didn't ask for quits an imaginary job he never had and somehow 82,500 fans are to blame.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

We can call him "Chet".

SAR I
    And during timeouts he (it) can shoot T-shirts into the stands, jump through the goal posts off of a trampoline, and ride an ATV around the field.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I agree, I don't understand the hate for this guy. He's a Jet fan and took a ride doing something pretty cool many season ticket holders would have enjoyed doing.

As a non-season ticket holders who goes to one or two games a year, I enjoy and look forward to him leading the chants when I'm there.

Thanks Fireman Ed - you'll be missed.
    This

I would add that he is a great guy in his personal life and receives nothing from the JETS. Any money made off of the image of Fireman Ed is given to charity.

I find it ridiculous that anyone has a problem with him

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    So an imaginary mascot we didn't ask for quits an imaginary job he never had and somehow 82,500 fans are to blame.

SAR I
    At least he was attempting to get some noise and create a home field advantage. The rest of the fans are too lame to make any noise on their own. A good fan base makes the place so loud that you cant hear the PA people.

Go to a road game and you will discover that I am 100% correct.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    And during timeouts he (it) can shoot T-shirts into the stands, jump through the goal posts off of a trampoline, and ride an ATV around the field.

Chet approves of this message.

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    This

I would add that he is a great guy in his personal life and receives nothing from the JETS. Any money made off of the image of Fireman Ed is given to charity.

I find it ridiculous that anyone has a problem with him
    haters gonna hate. this is the new york jets. if we were winning this wouldnt happen. losing brings out the ugly in everything.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    "The fact that a fan would need to write a column explaining his rationale for quitting what is an unpaid, unofficial "job" is comical yet predictable."

I said this last night, he should have just let the last two games play out, do a couple of chants, and then fade. All he's done is made himself the target of more vitriol unnecessarily. He didn't need to go out like this. Now that he has, he gets what he deserves.

SAR I
    Love him or hate him, dont fool yourself. He's not going anywhere. He's looking for attention and he'll be back. He just hasn't revealed "the reason" that he'll use yet. His ego wont allow him to just sit in a seat, trust me.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chet approves of this message.

SAR I
    chafe is better

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    At least he was attempting to get some noise and create a home field advantage. The rest of the fans are too lame to make any noise on their own. A good fan base makes the place so loud that you cant hear the PA people.

Go to a road game and you will discover that I am 100% correct.
    I've been to about 30 road games in my life, I don't need it explained to me.

You've never been to MetLife Stadium so your complaints are about as valid as a Quitterman Ed hissy fit.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DUNCCFP View Post
    Love him or hate him, dont fool yourself. He's not going anywhere. He's looking for attention and he'll be back. He just hasn't revealed "the reason" that he'll use yet. His ego wont allow him to just sit in a seat, trust me.

This makes Chet unhappy.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 11-26-2012 at 09:33 AM.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I just find it hard to believe that a Jets fan made Fireman Ed storm out in the middle of a game.

SAR I
    IMO, He was pissed at the Jets play, but is using this as the excuse. That way it doesnt look like he's quitting. He'll be back.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DUNCCFP View Post
    IMO, He was pissed at the Jets play, but is using this as the excuse. That way it doesnt look like he's quitting. He'll be back.
    Disagree big time. The team has been far worse than this in years past. And it's not like we are some overly talented team right now that is falling below expectations.

A bunch of jealous losers are looking for something to get angry at, and unfortunately they have chosen him.

He's realized it's not worth the pain of a bunch of scumbags insulting him so now he can go to the games and probably enjoy them 100 times more.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been to about 30 road games in my life, I don't need it explained to me.

You've never been to MetLife Stadium so your complaints are about as valid as a Quitterman Ed hissy fit.

SAR I
    Who says I havent? I had season tix for many years before I moved, and the fans were Lame then too.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been to many away games and every other stadium has a good PA system that gets fans excited - they don't rely on one person.

The PA guys at MetLife are terrible, hence the "need" for Ed. The only thing they do currently is, "And that is another Jets......FIRST DOWN"

All of this home-field advantage and cheering garbage could be easily fixed with one decent PA person.