Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread: "Fireman Ed" Resigns

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BIRDMAN1 View Post
    Fireman Ed ur the best , sar is a neck
    If you loved Fireman Ed so much, perhaps you'd have stuck around, not given up your season tickets, and been there to support him.

This "it's okay to quit" mentality in this thread is really eye-opening, no wonder the team plays the way it does.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    Is that why you ran off with a Seahawk fan?
    She is a Seahawk Employee, not a fan. There is a difference. After all my years with Season tickets, going to Century Link was a culture shock.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I missed pages 12-25, so forgive me if I missed the answer....but has anyone come fwd. to tell us who's seats Ed was sitting in for the past few seasons at Metlife.

Per his interview they weren't his own, so who's were they?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    She is a Seahawk Employee, not a fan. There is a difference. After all my years with Season tickets, going to Century Link was a culture shock.
    Oh, isn't she a New England fan?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    If you loved Fireman Ed so much, perhaps you'd have stuck around, not given up your season tickets, and been there to support him.

This "it's okay to quit" mentality in this thread is really eye-opening, no wonder the team plays the way it does.

SAR I
    But you didn't even go to the game last week, so what's your point?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    Oh, isn't she a New England fan?
    She is, and I really hated losing another bet with her. The loser had to clean up the Turkey day mess!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most of the fans in the stadium are just like me. We have money, we got good seats after decades of waiting. We bleed green but not to the point of getting drunk and being rude to other fans. We sit on our hands when its clear that the team is doing it too.

The fans who stay at home are just like you. Blaming everyone else for their lot in life, thinking anyone who's successful is a bad person with bad values and not a good fan, thinking $8 a ticket is a lot of money when it isn't.

It's bizzarro Jets Insider. Entertaining, for sure.

SAR I
    Fans that chase away a hard working guy who just wants to cheer for the jets a few times per game. Wow, you new fans are awesome.

And besides you have no idea what it's like to have real money, not that kind that only gets you a house on the east side of ridgewood, a low end luxury car and a cheap psl. You are a wanna be...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PJC331 View Post
    Fans that chase away a hard working guy who just wants to cheer for the jets a few times per game. Wow, you new fans are awesome.

And besides you have no idea what it's like to have real money, not that kind that only gets you a house on the east side of ridgewood, a low end luxury car and a cheap psl. You are a wanna be...
    LOL

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are a lot less of them now.

In my section and the adjacent sections, we don't have any foul language, we don't have anyone drinking to excess, we don't have burpers or farters.

It's a very nice, very family-friendly area of the stadium. Money can buy you happiness. Pity the poor people.

SAR I
    Actually theres just alot less fans period.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    its like a bad play or bad movie. if it sucks ya leave or ya just do go. gonna be a lotta gray showing up soon. Jets should wear gray unis. Itll look like a sellout every week.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    And the this ship known as the New York Jets continues to sink.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MGF0723 View Post
    And the this ship known as the New York Jets continues to sink.
    That was inevitable.

The fact that it's become so damn entertaining is a bonus.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    But you didn't even go to the game last week, so what's your point?
    Sure I did. Tickets didn't sell, my son and nephew wanted to go, off we went on the 25 minute traffic-free jaunt to the Green lot.

It ended so quickly we were home in time to see most of the 3rd quarter.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PJC331 View Post

Ed decided to sit in the $2500 PSL section, the cheapest PSL's there are.

We call that endzone "Upper Deck South". No surprise that some drunken louts got in there and stirred his pot.

Where I sit in the Mezzanine, it's nothing but well-behaved 30 and 40 year olds minding their business and rooting hard for their team. So long as they play hard, that is.

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    You seem to think that Jets Insider is a facsimile of the real world Jets fanbase.

Think again.

I'm one of the few normal people here. The rest are a bunch of basement facepainters who have no PSL's, who don't attend Jets games, who just like to hear themselves whine as they open a bag of pretzels, put on a Charlie Daniels album, and get so drunk they can't remember the score when it's flashed on the screen.

SAR I
    Most of the fans in the stadium are just like me. We have money, we got good seats after decades of waiting. We bleed green but not to the point of getting drunk and being rude to other fans. We sit on our hands when its clear that the team is doing it too.

The fans who stay at home are just like you. Blaming everyone else for their lot in life, thinking anyone who's successful is a bad person with bad values and not a good fan, thinking $8 a ticket is a lot of money when it isn't.

It's bizzarro Jets Insider. Entertaining, for sure.

SAR I
    This classist shtick is starting to get very tiring.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    This classist shtick is starting to get very tiring.
    Starting?

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    t's bizzarro Jets Insider. Entertaining, for sure.

SAR I
    lol, the only bizzaro world is the one you are living in. You are so out of touch it's scary.

I own this site and observe the posters.

I've been to the game (new stadium and old) as a fan, father and media member and have sat in ALL areas of the stadium from Upper Deck, to Mezz to Field Level, to club seats to Coaches Club to Luxury Suite. I also sit in the press box thanks to this site. I've tailgated and partied with more people than you will ever meet (average Joe, to wealthy) and can truly say again that your perception of the fans and reality is truly f*cked. The majority of the people I've had the pleasure to meet who post here (and I've met a ton over 12 years) are some of the nicest,, normal and most diehard fans you'll ever know.

No bullsh*t...you are certifiably nuts.

The game experience really is bad. Totally not worth the cost. HDTV will eventually ruin this team based on how badly the experience has eroded.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Ed decided to sit in the $2500 PSL section, the cheapest PSL's there are.

We call that endzone "Upper Deck South". No surprise that some drunken louts got in there and stirred his pot.

Where I sit in the Mezzanine, it's nothing but well-behaved 30 and 40 year olds minding their business and rooting hard for their team. So long as they play hard, that is.

SAR I
    lol, who's we?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    lol, who's we?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WHqp...14C17FB27ABAC1

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    he stinks...