Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: "Fireman Ed" Resigns

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I never thought anyone would care if I stopped attending games so I'm not sure why you think that statement would bother me.

The Jets are not paying off Ed, but Ed is getting paid by his mini-celebrity.

Ed is letting down the team and the fans by quitting on them mid-season. My kids have been educated enough to know better, but somewhere out there are thousands of 6 and 7 year old Jets fan children who won't understand why the team mascot walked out on the team. When they go to Islander games, Sparky The Dragon is always there, never pouts on camera, storms up the stairs, and blogs about how he's finished with the crappy product on the ice.

SAR I
    So for years you've been openly resenting Ed for being higher profile than the average fan, and now that he says he just wants to be an average fan, you're trashing him.

You're saying that you and your bad ribbon-banging self bring the 12th man badness -- you don't need someone like Ed telling you to get loud -- yet the new MetLife crowd never comes remotely close to delivering a home-field advantage.

You gloat that all the blue-collar bums have been purged from the new stadium -- or at least banished to the nosebleeds -- yet Ed in his expensive seats gets abused by boorish lowlifes masquerading as Jets "fans."

The decline of the Jets can be very much linked to the new stadium and the "new breed" of lameass "fans" Woody Johnson caters to (while gleefully azzraping them all at the same time), and with this year's sh:tshow it's only going to get worse.

Jeezis Christ, how lame are you that you waste the time and energy expended here on this forum to trash a guy who leads a friggin cheer? Freud would have a field day with you.

Bewildered Beast

The Jets are not paying off Ed, but Ed is getting paid by his mini-celebrity.

Ed is letting down the team and the fans by quitting on them mid-season. My kids have been educated enough to know better, but somewhere out there are thousands of 6 and 7 year old Jets fan children who won't understand why the team mascot walked out on the team. When they go to Islander games, Sparky The Dragon is always there, never pouts on camera, storms up the stairs, and blogs about how he's finished with the crappy product on the ice.

SAR I
    You maroon; he's taking abuse...for what? Your contributions are are running down the thread. It's about Ed. Please desist your tedious diatribe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Read through the whole thread first and couldn't help but notice you doing your Policeman thing in just about every post. It's nauseating.

And I thought it was worth pointing out the irony of Sean's post responding to the same post you did. Maybe it is YOU who should delete his account.
    Stop derailing threads.

If I make you vomit, put me on ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Stop derailing threads.

If I make you vomit, put me on ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Don't blame him one bit...Ed is a great guy. Jets fans should be ashamed
    +1000000000

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

shakin318 So for years you've been openly resenting Ed for being higher profile than the average fan, and now that he says he just wants to be an average fan, you're trashing him.

I'm not trashing him. I'm merely pointing out that no average fan, let alone a super fan, would walk out on the team mid-season and get applauded for it. The rest of us would be destroyed for showing such disloyalty after 15 years of consistently decent football. But here, as usual, we blame the wrong people and applaud the wrong people. Bizzarro Jets Insider, again.

You're saying that you and your bad ribbon-banging self bring the 12th man badness -- you don't need someone like Ed telling you to get loud -- yet the new MetLife crowd never comes remotely close to delivering a home-field advantage.

The MetLife crowd can't be judged in the Rex Ryan era because of the lousy product on the field that simply doesn't give 100% on every down like every other NFL squad does. We can tell when they're doggin' it and we're not going to support that level of low-effort. We were plenty loud in '10 and early '11 when they were trying. They quit on Rex last year, quit harder this year. We don't pay money to see the Jets win; we pay money to see the Jets try. When they don't try, we don't cheer.

You gloat that all the blue-collar bums have been purged from the new stadium -- or at least banished to the nosebleeds -- yet Ed in his expensive seats gets abused by boorish lowlifes masquerading as Jets "fans."

Ed chose a seating location that became The Upper Deck South with it's measly $2500 PSL.

And, until evidence is brought forth, I find it highly suspect that Jets fans turned on Fireman Ed. I think Fireman Ed turned on Fireman Ed. I think that Fireman Ed sees the writing on the wall, that the Jets are headed for 5+ years of suck after 15+ years of decent and he wants no part of that. So he fabricates some story after storming out at halftime, blames the fans, jumps ship. Very noble.

The decline of the Jets can be very much linked to the new stadium and the "new breed" of lameass "fans" Woody Johnson caters to (while gleefully azzraping them all at the same time), and with this year's sh:tshow it's only going to get worse.

Then blame your old time blue-collar fanbase that wouldn't pay a measly $8 per game vig for the cheapest PSL. If the stadium dynamic changed its because those quitters with high seniority left. Don't blame the people with lower seniority who opportunistically took their place. The seats were theirs, they passed on them. Again, Bizzarro Jets Insider. Blame the people who show up, exonerate those who quit on us.

Jeezis Christ, how lame are you that you waste the time and energy expended here on this forum to trash a guy who leads a friggin cheer? Freud would have a field day with you.

Every 6 months there's a Fireman Ed thread and I post three or four posts before it dies and we move onto another subject. It's not like it's my life's mission to trash another Jets fan. We have Rah Rah for that.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    You maroon; he's taking abuse...for what? Your contributions are are running down the thread. It's about Ed. Please desist your tedious diatribe.
    There are a measly 2 home games left in the season. 2 hours of football before the nightmare ends.

If Fireman Ed were truly the loyal goodie-goodie you portray him to be, he'd have shown up for Arizona and San Diego, did a handful of J-E-T-S cheers, and faded into February. Come June, announce that he's getting older and retiring from public view, just going to attend games quietly.

That would be the classy, correct thing to do. Would have protected his image, left some value in the Fireman Ed brand. Instead, he pulls this public stunt to draw more attention to himself to the detriment to the very team he supposedly bled green for all these years.

While I appreciate your point of view on his resignation, perhaps you should consider the fact that how he handled it won't sit well with many people.

SAR I

While I appreciate your point of view on his resignation, perhaps you should consider the fact that how he handled it won't sit well with many people.

SAR I
    Why should people care how Fireman Ed handled his resignation? If people care that little about Fireman Ed in the New Stadium, why should it matter how he went about quitting?

I thought he was a mascot for the team? Can he just quit? If not do we even have a mascot?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

SAR I
    This is pure comedy gold. The guy who's been whining for Ed to sit down and shut up gets a panty-wedgie when Ed says he thinks it's time to sit down and shut up.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Why should people care how Fireman Ed handled his resignation? If people care that little about Fireman Ed in the New Stadium, why should it matter how he went about quitting?
    I'm not saying it does. I believe that 70,000 paying fans don't give a sh-t if Ed is there or not, frankly.

What I am saying is that those who defend him for quitting on the team in the middle of a season, in the middle of a game are pretty hypocritical.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I thought he was a mascot for the team? Can he just quit? If not do we even have a mascot?
    Rex Ryan.

Until he's fired, he's a bigger sideshow than Ed ever was.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    This is pure comedy gold. The guy who's been whining for Ed to sit down and shut up gets a panty-wedgie when Ed says he thinks it's time to sit down and shut up.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I'm not saying it does. I believe that 70,000 paying fans don't give a sh-t if Ed is there or not, frankly.

What I am saying is that those who defend him for quitting on the team in the middle of a season, in the middle of a game are pretty hypocritical.

SAR I
    Um, clearly you give a huge sh:t whether Ed is there or not. And the guy isn't quitting on the team. He's sitting down and shutting up to better blend in with the likes of yourself and the rest of the new breed of football "fans" at MetLife.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

I'm ambivalent to the participation of Fireman Ed in MetLife Stadium. I didn't care when he was there, I don't care that he's not. I never wanted to be represented by a human being, would prefer a stuffed animal like every other NFL team, now that can happen.

I have no panty wedgie over Fireman Ed. I have a panty wedgie over posters like you who think Ed's been wronged and his behavior on a national holiday on national TV was appropriate.

There's another element about that particular game that makes his behavior even more inappropriate, but I won't go down that road because I know what'll happen if I say it and I'm going to avoid it. Let's let someone else figure it out.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Um, clearly you give a huge sh:t whether Ed is there or not. And the guy isn't quitting on the team. He's sitting down and shutting up to better blend in with the likes of yourself and the rest of the new breed of football "fans" at MetLife.
    No one forced the old breed out of MetLife. They had great seniority, chose not to stick around over $8 a game, couldn't sacrifice half a beer to remain faithful. For once, blame the right people.

Ed made himself a public figure, a part of the team, a representative of the fanbase. So by fading back into oblivion in a very public way he most definitely is quitting on the team.

SAR I

Fireman Ed absolutely has the right to do whatever he wants to, root for the team or just sit on his hands for 4 quarters....that's his right. But the problem is, whether people like him or not or whether Ed himself likes it or not, he does have a part in the identity for this franchise. Would it have hurt him any greater to be himself through two more home games & then announce this resignation at the end of the year? The Jets are at their lowest point since '96, and this is pile on humility. His announcement is trending everywhere too....it's unreal.

There are a measly 2 home games left in the season. 2 hours of football before the nightmare ends.

If Fireman Ed were truly the loyal goodie-goodie you portray him to be, he'd have shown up for Arizona and San Diego, did a handful of J-E-T-S cheers, and faded into February. Come June, announce that he's getting older and retiring from public view, just going to attend games quietly.

That would be the classy, correct thing to do. Would have protected his image, left some value in the Fireman Ed brand. Instead, he pulls this public stunt to draw more attention to himself to the detriment to the very team he supposedly bled green for all these years.

SAR I
    Can you say for a fact though that you know what caused his walk-out? You make it seem as if this was orchestrated and planned out ahead of time... who's to say it wasn't a group of fans that went too far and pushed him beyond his limit that Ed snapped and walked out?

Watching it on TV (yes, I'm one of those guys) the crowd sounded toxic that night. The boos, the Tebow chants, the giant X-REX sign that NBC had the class to broadcast to the entire country.

This wasn't deliberate. He didn't walk into Metlife that night planning a walkout. It was a result of the idiots and the chaos that has erupted among this fanbase.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I have no panty wedgie over Fireman Ed. I have a panty wedgie over posters like you who think Ed's been wronged and his behavior on a national holiday on national TV was appropriate.

SAR I
    I don't think he was "wronged" and I'm not making a martyr out of the guy. If he thinks the bad outweighs the good of what he's been doing at the stadium then that's his business. I'm laughing at your hypocrisy and your lame attempts at trying to steer the conversation into directions that make you look like less of a petty immature fool.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    Fireman Ed absolutely has the right to do whatever he wants to, root for the team or just sit on his hands for 4 quarters....that's his right. But the problem is, whether people like him or not or whether Ed himself likes it or not, he does have a part in the identity for this franchise. Would it have hurt him any greater to just sit through two more home games & just announce this resignation at the end of the year? The Jets are at their lowest point since '96, and this is pile on humility. His announcement is trending everywhere too....it's unreal.
    The Jets as a team are destroyed for at least the next few years with or without Fireman Ed (as great as it was to have him around), so why not just pile on a little more to the embarrassment that this season and team have been?