Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: "Fireman Ed" Resigns

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Ed decided to sit in the $2500 PSL section, the cheapest PSL's there are.

We call that endzone "Upper Deck South". No surprise that some drunken louts got in there and stirred his pot.

The PSLs in sections 101, 103, 104, 123, 124, 126, 128, 129, 148, and 149 (or "Upper Deck South" as you call that area) were originally priced at $5,000 per seat.

The seats of aristocracy that you currently inhabit were priced at $4,000 per seat.

You bought the cheapest PSLs available at the time of purchase. Ed didn't.

Try another BS argument.

LOLz. Shakin for Mod!!

Wait..whut?

Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    lol, the only bizzaro world is the one you are living in. You are so out of touch it's scary.

I own this site and observe the posters.

I've been to the game (new stadium and old) as a fan, father and media member and have sat in ALL areas of the stadium from Upper Deck, to Mezz to Field Level, to club seats to Coaches Club to Luxury Suite. I also sit in the press box thanks to this site. I've tailgated and partied with more people than you will ever meet (average Joe, to wealthy) and can truly say again that your perception of the fans and reality is truly f*cked. The majority of the people I've had the pleasure to meet who post here (and I've met a ton over 12 years) are some of the nicest,, normal and most diehard fans you'll ever know.

No bullsh*t...you are certifiably nuts.

The game experience really is bad. Totally not worth the cost. HDTV will eventually ruin this team based on how badly the experience has eroded.
    lol

I'm glad putting SAR in his place is something we can all come together on...

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    This classist shtick is starting to get very tiring.
    So is your endless criticism of my posts.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

lol, the only bizzaro world is the one you are living in. You are so out of touch it's scary.

No bullsh*t...you are certifiably nuts.
    The team is built to win on defense and the running game which are both terrible so we pass 50 times a game and lose so posters blame the quarterback. Bizzarro Jets Insider.

People watching at home don't like the crowd noise and are disappointed in the fans who make an effort and, somehow, they're the good guys and the paying fans the bad guys. Bizzarro Jets Insider.

Old timers were given the best seniority and very affordable seating locations and bolted on the team, quit on us but are angels. Those that paid up and remained with the team via PSL's are the devil. Bizzarro Jets Insider.

Fans who squatted on the best seats in the house and sold half the games at 2x face so they could watch the other half of the season for free are "loyal diehards". Those of us who waited for 20 years to get seating locations as good are "rich bastards". Bizzarro Jets Insider.

The attention whoring team mascot quits a job he does not have and has been "wronged". Any other fan pulls a selfish hissy-fit like that he'd be labeled a turncoat quitter. Bizzarro Jets Insider.

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    So is your endless criticism of my posts.

SAR I
    Criticism well deserved, in my opinion. And I have a feeling a majority of posters and most (if not all) of the mods agree with me. Don't think you can disparage whole groups of fellow Jets fans with impunity.

Criticism well deserved, in my opinion. And I have a feeling a majority of posters and most (if not all) of the mods agree with me. Don't think you can disparage whole groups of fellow Jets fans with impunity.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

I own this site and observe the posters.

I've been to the game (new stadium and old) as a fan, father and media member and have sat in ALL areas of the stadium from Upper Deck, to Mezz to Field Level, to club seats to Coaches Club to Luxury Suite. I also sit in the press box thanks to this site. I've tailgated and partied with more people than you will ever meet (average Joe, to wealthy) and can truly say again that your perception of the fans and reality is truly f*cked. The majority of the people I've had the pleasure to meet who post here (and I've met a ton over 12 years) are some of the nicest,, normal and most diehard fans you'll ever know.

The game experience really is bad. Totally not worth the cost. HDTV will eventually ruin this team based on how badly the experience has eroded.
    I meet and sit with some of the nicest, normal, and most diehard fans you'll ever know too.

Unfortunately, the bottom 20% of the stadium population is a throwback to old times, bunch of drunken louts who treat the game as if it's a 1982 sports bar, try to relive their highschool days, embarass the entire organization. Thankfully the new caste system at MetLife Stadium has banished them, for the most part, to the upper deck where they can kill each other like animals and leave the human beings below alone.

HDTV doesn't let you high-five the guys sitting behind you for 10 years who've become your friends. HDTV doesn't let you get out of the house for 4 hours and hang with your boys. HDTV doesn't let you become part of the experience and help deafen an opponent.

The game experience is bad because Rex Ryan's system calls for the most boring football imaginable. Bend-don't-break defense, ground & pound offense. If we threw a forward pass more than 20 yards in the air the fans might get energized. If we got a sack or an interception the fans might be excited. Used to be we played boring football and won, so it was okay. Playing boring football and losing is unimaginably painful.

You don't pay for tickets so forgive me if your opinion and your expectations don't mesh with mine.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    The PSLs in sections 101, 103, 104, 123, 124, 126, 128, 129, 148, and 149 (or "Upper Deck South" as you call that area) were originally priced at $5,000 per seat.

The seats of aristocracy that you currently inhabit were priced at $4,000 per seat.

You bought the cheapest PSLs available at the time of purchase. Ed didn't.

Try another BS argument.
    Upper Deck South didn't sell because the seats are down low behind the goalposts. When the Jets lowered prices down there, the bitter dregs of society invaded those who had originally paid $5,000 per seat.

It doesn't matter what Ed paid; what matters is that the Jets lowered the PSL down there to $2,500 when sales were sluggish and that changed the complexion of the population for the worse.

Another BS post from a fan who doesn't attend games and doesn't pay for tickets. Bizzarro Jets Insider, Take 15.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    lol

I'm glad putting SAR in his place is something we can all come together on...
    No one is putting SAR in his place. Quite the contrary, in fact.

Not my fault that site ownership and site moderators don't actually read the very site that they manage. No one is closer to the content than I am. The rest of these guys skim a few posts, read a few keywords, get back to their busy lives.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Ah, so the moderator who calls all PSL owners "sheep" isn't disparaging whole groups of fellow Jets fans without impunity?

And the Blind Homer Cult who harassed dozens of Jets fans all summer didn't disparage whole groups of fellow Jets fans without impunity?

And the Pretzel Eating Basement Dwellers who whine endlessly about 82,500 loyal season ticket holders don't disparage whole groups of fellow Jets fans without impunity?

I love this concept, truly. Digging it very much.

How about you enforce it fairly.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    I don't understand why people are trying get at Sar. He's entitled to his own opinion about the Jets even if others don't agree with it because thats what the point of this website is all about. Its weird that people are actually getting mad at you Sar just because you don't like Ed. Who cares?!?

Bewildered Beast
    SAR you f*cked up this thread even after I asked you to stop.

Originally Posted by Equilibrium
    Ed has been a symbol for many years.

That also means that he is a target for opposing fans, individuals wanting to make a name by challenging him and those jealous of his popularity.

There also seems to be an element that feels that if they are miserable, then others must be made miserable as well.

Ed, if you should read this, when I first met you, it was as a 10 year old kid attending his first Jets game. You generously took time to take a picture with me and round up a Jets chant for me. Thank you for your dedication and for becoming a symbol of the best of a Jets fan.

It's unfortunate that the unruly, miserable types finally eliminated a force that represented decency and enthusiasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay
    The chant doesn't work unless someone leads it. In the 80s, the video board would try to start it, but it just doesn't work. You need a certain amount of coercion and instigation to get that thing going.

The chant doesn't *need* Ed to continue - but he was exceptionally good at getting people riled up and energized to belt out the chant. His seat location (proximity to sideline cameras) in Giants Stadium, his intensity and his brothers shoulders -- made him stand out and a natural to lead a stadium wide J-E-T-S chant. People forget, the chant was a section thing. Dueling ends of the upper deck would chant it back and forth. Ed didn't invent the J-E-T-S chant, but he was the first (and only) to lead the entire stadium. A few of those in the late 90s - were absolutely spine tingling.

Ed gets credit for taking the chant where it is today in American sports lore. His participation in game day will not be forgotten and will most certainly be missed.

Cheers to Ed Anzelone.
    Lets lock this cluster****, SOOTH.

Since it's late, send me a PM if you disagree. I'm just sick to my stomach.
    Last edited by WestCoastOffensive; 11-27-2012 at 12:31 AM.