Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: "Fireman Ed" Resigns

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I am not pissing on him.

Just saying that if sg3 declared on a blog that he's done with the Jets and is leaving we'd all call him a quitter and disloyal and a bunch of really bad names.

Fireman Ed does it and it's, oh poor Ed, what have we done, it's out fault, we're horrible fans, just terrible people.

Please.

SAR I
    SAR raises a good point. Good post.

Ed took his ball home. He doesn't deserve sympathy.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Just saying that if sg3 declared on a blog that he's done with the Jets and is leaving we'd all call him a quitter and disloyal and a bunch of really bad names.
    He's not quitting on the Jets, he's changing seats and giving up the cheer.

Besides, if sg3 declared anything on a blog, only his moms would see it.

-

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Yep. Nobody was complaining about your performance as a fan when you traveled to Green Bay for week 1 of the 2000 season (wearing your brand new Chad Pennington jersey) going to a city where there is nothing else but three things to do: Tip Cows, Stand in line at Dairy Queen, or go to Lambeau Field. Nobody heaped any praise on you for that sacrifice, and yet, Fireman Ed gets all the attention, it's just not fair, mate! It's a conspiracy to hold you down from getting the recognition you deserve as a loyal fan!!!!!!!
    I get attacked.

I defend myself.

I'm an attention whore.

Keep this up and I'm going to pull a Fireman Ed myself.

SAR I

I just registered WheresFiremanEd.com and am in the process of creating an app and a children's book in the 'Where's Waldo' mold.

Reaching out to the 'Flat Stanley' people, too.

SAR I
    Nobody will respect you until you accept the challenge to take part in the baldy brawl with Fireman Ed in order for you to earn the role as official paid mascot of the New York Jets!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    This clown doesn't get it, and never will.

Ed is what's good about sports...Chants, takes time for fans/kids, represents the every day Jets fan in a positive manner.

Guys like you, make the guy say f-it, I'm done.

Who loses? We all do
    OWNED

I get attacked.

I defend myself.

I'm an attention whore.

SAR I
    Exactly. On that roadtrip in 2000 to Green Bay, didn't you get on a bus that was carrying some Jets coaches, and they noticed you with your Jets shirt on? I'll bet those coaches at that time probably thought, "wow, this guy is more valuable than Fireman Ed to our team, why doesn't HE get recognized?"

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Fireman Ed is a classy guy who donated every penny made on being "Fireman Ed" to the kids of widowed firefighters. I know him personally (from the same neighborhood growing up) and my father worked with him for many years in the NYFD.

He is nothing but total class.

The opposite of our current owner and HC

I am not surprised that he has stepped down as Fireman Ed.

He has too much class for these current clowns
    I think he mentioned the fans as the reason for quitting, not the jets.

I get attacked.

I defend myself.

I'm an attention whore.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    LOL

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan920 View Post
    What a ****ing joke this fan base is. What did the guy ever do? Pump up the ****ing stadium?!?! Joke.
    Since we moved to MetLife Stadium, Fireman Ed did not pump us up.

I'm sorry, but it's the truth. He's leaving as much for the fact that he's being ignored as he is that he's getting some abuse from fans in his section.

He's also the victim of circumstance. We get into the new stadium we're already Super Bowl favorites for two seasons. Then we utterly collapse for two seasons. In neither instance do we need a male cheerleader to get us into the game.

SAR I

Woody Johnson has failed at everything he has done with the JETS including forcing an unpaid super fan to resign . All Fireman Ed did was donate time an energy to the team he loves. He lead the team with its famous chant and donates any money made off his image to the kids of widowed firefighters.

How pathetic do you feel Woody Johnson?

Or are you more concerned with rebuilding Mitt Romney's image for 2016?

PLEASE SELL THE TEAM!!!!

How about "Fireman SAR"? There's a vacancy

Pro football fans, especially in eastern corridor are the effing rudest drunkest, azzholiest around!
    I'll give you the Raiders.
    But I've been to Pats games where you'll find some of lowest slime you've ever seen & last year I went to the Jets vs Pats Sunday night drunk fest, & sat with fans that are the effing worst!
    From the guy behind me saying, "sit down" one billion times, to guys that just effing whine on for the entire game, cursing into children's ears, without a care.
    I'll never go live again!
    The way they do nothing but take your money is a disgrace, guys puking by the entrance before entering & no one does s*it!
    Woody Johnson should paying Jet fans to come & witness the clusterf*ck he's putting on the field & ill tell you this, if they don't figure out a way to jettison that Southern California soft piece of crap loser they keep trotting out there, that stadium will start looking like a prison yard riot with everyone giving away tickets for pennies on the dollar.
    Sanchez & Tebow need to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Nobody will respect you until you accept the challenge to take part in the baldy brawl with Fireman Ed in order for you to earn the role as official paid mascot of the New York Jets!!!!!
    I'm not in this argument, but whats with all the bald comments?

I'm slightly offended.

Since we moved to MetLife Stadium, Fireman Ed did not pump us up.

I'm sorry, but it's the truth. He's leaving as much for the fact that he's being ignored as he is that he's getting some abuse from fans in his section.

He's also the victim of circumstance. We get into the new stadium we're already Super Bowl favorites for two seasons. Then we utterly collapse for two seasons. In neither instance do we need a male cheerleader to get us into the game.

SAR I
    This is true.

I'm not in this argument, but whats with all the bald comments?

I'm slightly offended.
    Fireman Ed is bald. SAR is bald. If you're bald too and feel you deserve to have a shot at taking Fireman Ed's notoriety, fine, then we can have a triple threat baldy brawl between Fireman Ed, SAR, and you, if you really want!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    No...that someone considered a "true" fan is fed up with the team...and that they need to start thinking about ways of making wholesale changes before they lose the whole fanbase....
    I'm a true fan.

I'm fed up with the team.

I'm not walking out of the stadium throwing a public hissy fit to make things worse on everyone else.

Next season, I'm paying my invoice, I'll be there in my seats on opening day, not borrowing someone else's random seats all over the joint.

Fireman Ed just quit on the team and its fans and you seem to think it's okay. Wowz. Just another day in the life of bizzarro Jets Insider where attacking the wrong people is the norm.

SAR I

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    It's brutal Sean I sent messages to my kids about this both back at college tonight, after that miserable Thanksgiving night at the stadium. They are bummed, I remember Ed posing with my son years ago at 16H and letting him wear his hat, Matt loved it.

Ed was good for Jets fans even if some don't get it.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
    Agreed...I feel horrible sometimes (especially after seasons like this) that I brainwashed my kids into becoming Jets fans. Seems like a mild form of child abuse.

Right, the owner, HC and players have nothing to do with how the fans react to Fireman Ed at the games.................

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Woody Johnson has failed at everything he has done with the JETS including forcing an unpaid super fan to resign . All Fireman Ed did was donate time an energy to the team he loves. He lead the team with its famous chant and donates any money made off his image to the kids of widowed firefighters.

How pathetic do you feel Woody Johnson?

Or are you more concerned with rebuilding Mitt Romney's image for 2016?

PLEASE SELL THE TEAM!!!!

Please go away

Log off, delete your account, to go http://nygiants.com, and just end the sharade.