Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: "Fireman Ed" Resigns

Nightmare season continues. It's an embarrassing time to be a Jets fan.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by jet-sec125 View Post
    I think we also enjoy those highlight player trackers of our 3 yard run of the game. Or we could fill Ed's spot with fireworks when were down by 30. Or more redzone channel highlights so we know what a TD pass looks like.
    Hey, I'm with you there.

If offered the chance to trade one 30 second Fireman Ed chant for 3 minutes of non-stop PA bombardment during TV timeouts I'd do it in a heartbeat, trust me.

But we don't live in that world, so Ed's elimination will have to do. It's 5 more minutes per game I can get back for myself, will save me a fortune in Excedrin over the next 30 years.

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    It's an embarrassing time to be a Jets fan.
    Lmao, I dont know why this made me laugh.

The sky is blue, the ocean is deep. The Pats* cheat.

-

Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    I said when we drafted sissy boy suckchez that he will set us back a decade...but never thought it would get this bad....he turned the whole franchise into a fing joke!!!
    What a mess!!!
    I think when Woody Johnson became owner, this whole franchise was turned into a fing joke.....

Mark did not bring in Teblow...

He also did not sign Holmes to a ridiculous contract...

He also did not replace the players the Jets after 2010 with less-than-adequate replacements....

Jets Insider VIP
    I thought sanchez's lowest moment would be buttgate. But this takes the cake. Sanchez is so bad, fans threatened the mascot out of his job because he wore sanchez's jersey.

Someone tell fireman ed that sanchez only started one year in college and to go look at drew brees and eli mannings third year stats.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Cool video, but why is the guy conducting the interview wearing short blue boxer shorts...wtf...

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    The difference is, if you stop "banging on the rails" and stay home, no one will care.

And that bothers you.

If the Jets were paying off Ed, why would they drown him out with noise, etc.?

And how is he letting down the team if he sucked so much?

-
    I never thought anyone would care if I stopped attending games so I'm not sure why you think that statement would bother me.

The Jets are not paying off Ed, but Ed is getting paid by his mini-celebrity.

Ed is letting down the team and the fans by quitting on them mid-season. My kids have been educated enough to know better, but somewhere out there are thousands of 6 and 7 year old Jets fan children who won't understand why the team mascot walked out on the team. When they go to Islander games, Sparky The Dragon is always there, never pouts on camera, storms up the stairs, and blogs about how he's finished with the crappy product on the ice.

SAR I

This could fast become the longest-running thread of this season.

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Don't blame him one bit...Ed is a great guy. Jets fans should be ashamed
    Same ole typical Jets fans. Some of the worst in the NFL!!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    When they go to Islander games, Sparky The Dragon is always there, never pouts on camera, storms up the stairs, and blogs about how he's finished with the crappy product on the ice.
    Sparky The Dragon sucks. It's all about him.

I wish they would bring back NYLES.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
    Ed has been a symbol for many years.

That also means that he is a target for opposing fans, individuals wanting to make a name by challenging him and those jealous of his popularity.

There also seems to be an element that feels that if they are miserable, then others must be made miserable as well.

Ed, if you should read this, when I first met you, it was as a 10 year old kid attending his first Jets game. You generously took time to take a picture with me and round up a Jets chant for me. Thank you for your dedication and for becoming a symbol of the best of a Jets fan.

It's unfortunate that the unruly, miserable types finally eliminated a force that represented decency and enthusiasm.
    Thanks, that is awesome.

Oh man I gotta take that POTW back from the black dude.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    And you're so handsome. Things mom said to him for a thousand Alex!
    LOL

Ed, thank you very much for your time and fandom. You'll be greatly missed by this Jets fan. I hope at some point you'll have a change of heart.

Rooting for this team just gets worse and worse.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    This doesn't even make sense. It's not about you. And if he comes back only when the team is winning, it would prove that his reason is BS.
    Fair enough; my initial impression was you were shoveling dirt on his grave.

I'd welcome him back anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Fair enough; my initial impression was you were shoveling dirt on his grave.

I'd welcome him back anytime.
    Read my prior posts. I'm not a fireman ed hater. I just don't care right now. I only care about the poor product on the field.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Woody Johnson has failed at everything he has done with the JETS including forcing an unpaid super fan to resign . All Fireman Ed did was donate time an energy to the team he loves. He lead the team with its famous chant and donates any money made off his image to the kids of widowed firefighters.

How pathetic do you feel Woody Johnson?

Or are you more concerned with rebuilding Mitt Romney's image for 2016?

PLEASE SELL THE TEAM!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Please go away

Log off, delete your account, to go http://nygiants.com, and just end the sharade.
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Woody Johnson has failed at everything he has done with the JETS including forcing an unpaid super fan to resign . All Fireman Ed did was donate time an energy to the team he loves. He lead the team with its famous chant and donates any money made off his image to the kids of widowed firefighters.

How pathetic do you feel Woody Johnson?

Or are you more concerned with rebuilding Mitt Romney's image for 2016?

PLEASE SELL THE TEAM!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Nice post.
    LOL. Looks like Policeman Ray got trumped.

He is stuck in his miserable drivel but he is never rude or violent towards other Jets fans.

I disagree wholeheartedly with his platform, but respect him and like him as a poster.

There's a lesson there for you. Try to find it along with the 12 wins you promised us all summer.

SAR I
    Wait, are YOU actually ridiculing rudeness?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    LOL. Looks like Policeman Ray got trumped.
    This is your first post in this thread?

You just can't help yourself can you?

Hey, I'm with you there.

If offered the chance to trade one 30 second Fireman Ed chant for 3 minutes of non-stop PA bombardment during TV timeouts I'd do it in a heartbeat, trust me.

But we don't live in that world, so Ed's elimination will have to do. It's 5 more minutes per game I can get back for myself, will save me a fortune in Excedrin over the next 30 years.

SAR I
    How do you know you're even going to be alive in 30 years?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    This is your first post in this thread?

You just can't help yourself can you?

Read through the whole thread first and couldn't help but notice you doing your Policeman thing in just about every post. It's nauseating.

And I thought it was worth pointing out the irony of Sean's post responding to the same post you did. Maybe it is YOU who should delete his account.