Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: The Jets' Sack Leader in 2012 through Week 12 is...

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    804
    Post Thanks / Like

    The Jets' Sack Leader in 2012 through Week 12 is...

    Bryan Thomas. People let's give a round of applause for Mr. Thomas, Draft Class of 2002. Also, let's hear it for Rex Ryan and Co. for boosting our pass rush!

    In all seriousness, it's pretty pathetic that he is our sack leader when we cut him in September and two days later, re-signed him.



    TOP 5 Sack Leader in the NFL
    _____________________________
    1. Aldon Smith, SF 15.0 / 3-4
    2. J.J. Watt, HOU 14.5 / 3-4
    3. Von Miller, DEN 13.0 / 4-3
    4. DeMarcus Ware, DAL 10.0 / 3-4
    5. Cameron Wake, MIA 9.5 / 4-3(maybe some 3-4)


    Team Leaders in Sacks
    ___________________________
    Denver - 35 / 4-3
    Green Bay - 33 / 3-4
    Cincinnati - 31 / 4-3
    Houston - 30 / 3-4
    St. Louis -29 / 4-3



    It's apparent that an elite pass rusher/elite team pass rush can be produced in any scheme.


    What's wrong with the Jets? Is it a pure talent standpoint or do we have the wrong personnel for Rex's D? Is it Rex's fault for not adjusting to the team's strengths?


    How would you fix this problem for 2013 and beyond?

  2. #2
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    396
    Post Thanks / Like
    Clean house. Pace, Scott, Thomas need to go. I'd even say David Harris at this point, but his contract is prohibitive. He's graded out as a bottom 3 ILB this season while being the highest paid. We SEVERELY over-value our in house talent and its really starting to show...

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,101
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cut everyone,sign a bunch of 500,000 players and lose all our games in 2013 .Get the #1 overall pick,and between the 2014 and 2014 drafts,lets begin to prepare for 2015 today.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,662
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. The Top 3 guys are from the 2011 draft.

    But our guys need time to develop. LOL.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,067
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Wow. The Top 3 guys are from the 2011 draft.

    But our guys need time to develop. LOL.
    we need to go back to sucking consistently so we can draft top 10 each year. it'll be for the best.

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,416
    Post Thanks / Like
    That Aldon Smith is really good. I would love to see him break Strahan's 22.5. Hope the Jets can find a player like that next draft, we've been trying to replace Abraham for quite some time now.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    804
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AceBoy View Post
    That Aldon Smith is really good. I would love to see him break Strahan's 22.5. Hope the Jets can find a player like that next draft, we've been trying to replace Abraham for quite some time now.
    Since the 2005 season...

    It's been way too long. To think people thought Maybin could answer our pass rush woes.

  8. #8
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    25,543
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thomas is still a rock solid player.

    I wouldn't mind bringing him back for another year or two.

    It's Pace and Scott who need to get the f*ck outta dodge.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,765
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellaz View Post
    Clean house. Pace, Scott, Thomas need to go. I'd even say David Harris at this point, but his contract is prohibitive. He's graded out as a bottom 3 ILB this season while being the highest paid. We SEVERELY over-value our in house talent and its really starting to show...
    Put actual NFL caliber linebackers next to him and watch David Harris perform at an all Pro-level again. You dont jettison a player after one sub par year. Overpaid, sure. But he is still our best player in our front seven and is still relatively young. Even as recently as last year he was considered by some to be a top 5 inside linebacker.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post
    Put actual NFL caliber linebackers next to him and watch David Harris perform at an all Pro-level again. You dont jettison a player after one sub par year. Overpaid, sure. But he is still our best player in our front seven and is still relatively young. Even as recently as last year he was considered by some to be a top 5 inside linebacker.
    agreed.

  11. #11
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    25,543
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post
    Put actual NFL caliber linebackers next to him and watch David Harris perform at an all Pro-level again. You dont jettison a player after one sub par year. Overpaid, sure. But he is still our best player in our front seven and is still relatively young. Even as recently as last year he was considered by some to be a top 5 inside linebacker.
    +1

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    The Jets' Sack Leader in 2012 through Week 12 is...

    Brandon Moore's ass?

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Thomas is still a rock solid player.

    I wouldn't mind bringing him back for another year or two.

    It's Pace and Scott who need to get the f*ck outta dodge.
    At vet min he is the best OLB we have hands down. That said next year I hope he is the 4th OLB on the team. Him and Moore are the only 2 tenured vets we have worth a damn. Funny part is neither will get more then what they are currently making.

  14. #14
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    7,737
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Brandon Moore's ass?
    The key to not wearing out your welcome is knowing when and where to STFU.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Funkytown
    Posts
    24,938
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AceBoy View Post
    That Aldon Smith is really good. I would love to see him break Strahan's 22.5. Hope the Jets can find a player like that next draft, we've been trying to replace Abraham for quite some time now.
    Replacing Tannenbaum would be a good place to start.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Funkytown
    Posts
    24,938
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Brandon Moore's ass?
    I lol'd.

    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    The key to not wearing out your welcome is knowing when and where to STFU.
    Oops.

  17. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    E'Ville
    Posts
    1,236
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Wow. The Top 3 guys are from the 2011 draft.

    But our guys need time to develop. LOL.
    Not for nothing, but those guys were all top 10 picks that year and our guy was picked like 30th

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    6,451
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Ottozone View Post
    Bryan Thomas. People let's give a round of applause for Mr. Thomas, Draft Class of 2002. Also, let's hear it for Rex Ryan and Co. for boosting our pass rush!

    In all seriousness, it's pretty pathetic that he is our sack leader when we cut him in September and two days later, re-signed him.



    TOP 5 Sack Leader in the NFL
    _____________________________
    1. Aldon Smith, SF 15.0 / 3-4
    2. J.J. Watt, HOU 14.5 / 3-4
    3. Von Miller, DEN 13.0 / 4-3
    4. DeMarcus Ware, DAL 10.0 / 3-4
    5. Cameron Wake, MIA 9.5 / 4-3(maybe some 3-4)


    Team Leaders in Sacks
    ___________________________
    Denver - 35 / 4-3
    Green Bay - 33 / 3-4
    Cincinnati - 31 / 4-3
    Houston - 30 / 3-4
    St. Louis -29 / 4-3



    It's apparent that an elite pass rusher/elite team pass rush can be produced in any scheme.


    What's wrong with the Jets? Is it a pure talent standpoint or do we have the wrong personnel for Rex's D? Is it Rex's fault for not adjusting to the team's strengths?


    How would you fix this problem for 2013 and beyond?
    Our OLBs are from the 2002 draft, and were never more than good players. We've also had 2 NTs playing injured or not playing most of the year.

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    6,451
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post
    Put actual NFL caliber linebackers next to him and watch David Harris perform at an all Pro-level again. You dont jettison a player after one sub par year. Overpaid, sure. But he is still our best player in our front seven and is still relatively young. Even as recently as last year he was considered by some to be a top 5 inside linebacker.
    It's the injured NTs that are causing problems for Harris. That and Bart not being there to take out the blockers. Harris has been slightly exposed this year as to not being able to disengage, and missing more than a few tackles.

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St. Peter-Ording (Germany)
    Posts
    5,522
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Thomas is still a rock solid player.

    I wouldn't mind bringing him back for another year or two.

    It's Pace and Scott who need to get the f*ck outta dodge.
    He isnt a starter though anymore. His greatest strength, his run defense, has taken a hit and he just isn't quick enough anymore to a) set the edge consistently and b) make tackles at the line of scrimmage.

    The bottom line is we need two new starters at OLB.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us