Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: I guess Aaron Rogers sucks now too?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by auctionking View Post
    Once the Pats were ahead there was no reason to totally open up the play book. Even if Jets had punted after each of those series or scored a fg/td on the int. drive,based on the lack of emotion and focus all game on the Jets part. There was no reason not to believe the Pats would not drive down the field and score. The WHAT IFS mean nothing in the NFL because each play and series there after has changed.
    The pats dug a little deeper after the first game and came out a better prepared team and it showed.
    I'm not sure why that's so difficult to understand. You just go vanilla. You run the ball to kill the clock and pass to get a first down. On defense, you give up the run and the passing lanes in the middle and underneath to keep the clock moving. It's not rocket science.

I'm sure both teams game plan changed after the second quarter.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    So to sum up this thread:

- Aaron Rodgers sucks
    - The Packers suck
    - The Pats suck
    - Sanchez played as well as Brady on TG
    - The Jets are great, they just turn it over a lot

Cool story bro, thanks for teaching me about football!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    So to sum up this thread:

- Aaron Rodgers sucks
    - The Packers suck
    - The Pats suck
    - Sanchez played as well as Brady on TG
    - The Jets are great, they just turn it over a lot

Cool story bro, thanks for teaching me about football!

The Jets are the 72 Dolphins if you ignore the turnovers....undefeated!!!!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    The Jets are the 72 Dolphins if you ignore the turnovers....undefeated!!!!!!!
    Sweet!

Someone should tell billy though that if you ignore turnovers we're still ranked 30th in offense and 19th in defense. Does that sound like a championship contending team to him?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Here's another interesting factiod:

In the first game at Gillette the Jets had 2 turnovers and the Patriots had 1 (a lost fumble). The differential: ONE TURNOVER.

In the game last thursday the Jets had 5 turnovers (4 Fumbles & 1 INT) and the Pats only had 1 (one lost fumble). Differential: 4 TURNOVERS.

First game: 1 Turnover difference.

Last game: 4 Turnover difference.

Four turnovers converted into 28 points by the Patriots.

Patriots win by 30 points.

30-28= 2 Points.

Without the turnovers this game is even more close than the first Jets-Pats game at Gillette.
    What if you throw out the turnover by the running back and give it to the pats on downs, 8 yards closer to a score.

What about the jets only being able to convert 1 of 3 forth down conversions.

What about the jets having the ball more than the pats but only scoring 19 points

What about the jets only being able to convert 3 out of 10 3rd down conversions.

What about the jets scoring twice when the pats went prevent and put in backups

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want to know where is the OUTRAGE at that scumbag Coughlin who ran up the score and kept Eli in and still throwing the ball on 4th and 1 from the goal line at the end of a 38-10 game?! The team plane should go down in flames killing everyone on board!!! That karma would be just deserts.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    How come you had to come from behind in the 4th quarter at Gillette to eek out a 3 point win in overtime against the 28th rated team in the NFL then? How come the point differential in the last game was only 2 points without the turnovers there to help you?

Face it, you may be 8-3 but you have a seriously flawed team. Your defense just let Mark Sanchez roll up 300+ yards against you. If Mark Sanchez can do that what will Peyton Manning do to you in the playoffs?

Great, you beat the Jets on turnovers... You'll make the playoffs... But to assume you're going anywhere once you get there is a pipedream. The first team you meet with a bigtime QB and you are going home with a really really bad loss. Have fun the rest of the season, because it all ends for you in the playoffs. Once more year and no Superbowl for Billy either.
    Mark Sanchez put up 300 yards in GARBAGE TIME. Peyton Manning has already went up against New England and LOST. He put up GARBAGE TIME numbers in that game as well. New England has three loses by a combined FOUR points. FOUR.

The **** is wrong with you? Unless they see the Giants or 49ers in the Super Bowl, chalk up a fourth ring for Belichick.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Mark Sanchez put up 300 yards in GARBAGE TIME. Peyton Manning has already went up against New England and LOST. He put up GARBAGE TIME numbers in that game as well. New England has three loses by a combined FOUR points. FOUR.

The **** is wrong with you? Unless they see the Giants or 49ers in the Super Bowl, chalk up a fourth ring for Belichick.
    I wouldn't even say that. I just don't understand how you lose at a game that lopsided and start mocking the winning team's shortcomings.

I don't think any Pats fan is saying the Pats are invincible but he's spending more time trying to convince people that the season comes down to a few lucky plays or the Pats are picking first in next year's draft.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post

I don't think any Pats fan is saying the Pats are invincible but he's spending more time trying to convince people that the season comes down to a few lucky plays or the Pats are picking first in next year's draft.
    That's just DWC's inferiority complex.

I remember his pre-season gem thread (I wish someone could dig that beauty up) where he was adamant that the Jets would sweep the Pats, win the AFCE, have the #1 defense in the NFL, Coples would win DPOY, Hill would win OPOY and Sanchez would be a top 10 QB.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    I want to know where is the OUTRAGE at that scumbag Coughlin who ran up the score and kept Eli in and still throwing the ball on 4th and 1 from the goal line at the end of a 38-10 game?! The team plane should go down in flames killing everyone on board!!! That karma would be just deserts.
    Andre Brown broke his leg. Karma, baby.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the OP has uncovered something that no one has ever discovered before: if you win the turnover battle, you are more likely to win the game. In all my years of watching football, I have never even though of this. I have never heard a single analyst ever bring up this point.

Anyone else ever do any research on this subject? Is the original poster right and that winning the turnover battle can affect the game or is this just another crack pot theory like the team that scores the most points usually wins the game?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    That's just DWC's inferiority complex.

I remember his pre-season gem thread (I wish someone could dig that beauty up) where he was adamant that the Jets would sweep the Pats, win the AFCE, have the #1 defense in the NFL, Coples would win DPOY, Hill would win OPOY and Sanchez would be a top 10 QB.
    What he had no love for Rex as Head Coach of the Year?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Billy, you forgot to add the 28 points that the Jets obviously would've scored on each of those drives if they didn't turn it over. So, really, the Jets won by 26. Dang ... I was feeling pretty good about that game until you opened my eyes.