Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Flex schedule question

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Flex schedule question

If the tentative Sunday night game gets moved for another game that week, whats the time slot that tentative game takes?
    East coast game 1pm, West coast game 4pm? or it takes the time slot for the game that was moved?

I tried to look this up but didn't come across an answer.

Thanks.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamernyc34 View Post
    If the tentative Sunday night game gets moved for another game that week, whats the time slot that tentative game takes?
    East coast game 1pm, West coast game 4pm? or it takes the time slot for the game that was moved?

Thanks.
    It'll be 4pm because the Chargers are on the west coast.

SAR I

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamernyc34 View Post

Thanks.
    Depends on the Giants. They would do 1 or 4:25. My guess is 1 but depends what time they want to make the Giants game.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Giants are at Baltimore scheduled for 1pm, so odds are Jets Chargers will be at 4, unless Giants get moved to the night game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 20andout View Post
    Giants are at Baltimore scheduled for 1pm, so odds are Jets Chargers will be at 4, unless Giants get moved to the night game.
    Giants vs. Ravens would be an enticing game for the late kick off.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    NBC will absolutely flex that joke of a game. After the Thanksgiving debacle, do not expect to be on NBC at all next season. Why they would have even selected the Norv-led Chargers for a Sun night game in the first place is a mystery. At least we were good entertainment (for the wrong reasons) when they selected us.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    It'll be Giants-Ravens unless Fox protects that game or protects another game from being moved on a different week.

Other possibilities for that SNF:

Cincinnati @ Pittsburgh
    New Orleans @ Dallas
    San Francisco @ Seattle
    Buffalo @ Miami

Zero chance NBC will stick with Chargers-Jets which'll be moved to 1 p.m.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would love for it to be a 1pm game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We'll find out about the status of the San Diego game on the Tuesday following the Jacksonville game. NFL rules state that flex scheduling must take place no later than 10 days before a scheduled game, unless it's a Week 17 game, as those games times are decided the Monday following Week 16.

If I had to guess the game will be flexed to 1:00pm with the Giants-Ravens game either being moved into Primetime or to a 4:25pm slot.

The 4-7 Jets against the 4-7 Chargers is fifth or sixth most enticing match-up of that week.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GoNavy View Post
    It'll be Giants-Ravens unless Fox protects that game or protects another game from being moved on a different week.

Other possibilities for that SNF:

Cincinnati @ Pittsburgh
    New Orleans @ Dallas
    San Francisco @ Seattle
    Buffalo @ Miami

Zero chance NBC will stick with Chargers-Jets which'll be moved to 1 p.m.
    This is the 98% likely scenario, but 4:05 can't be ruled out.

I don't think Fox is going to protect the Giants v Ravens. They have to have the Bears@Az and/or 49ers@ Seattle on late. If they did, they might want it early, especially if Pitt/Cin gets flexed. I can't imagine them protecting a game to go late, when Chi, SF and likely LA...in fact the whole west coast doesn't get it. I think they would rather get Giants Ravens early, and go regional, adding NO/Dallas to the late slot. That covers Fox pretty well if NBC goes 9ers/Hawks

Balt, Pitt, NO, Dallas all have very tough schedules the next couple of weeks. I could see a scenario with both Fox and CBS are given the go ahead to show two games each in this market even though the Jets are home. I think they can do that week 16.

If that happens, the Jets could easily be a 4:05 game, with Giants @ Ravens being early and going to most of the country where regional early action isn't required, CBS would get the go ahead to run Pitt or NE game against the Giants@ Ravens here in NY.

Then again....maybe the Jets could just have their first Blackout in forever

Can't see Woody the exposure hound letting that happen.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    We'll find out about the status of the San Diego game on the Tuesday following the Jacksonville game. NFL rules state that flex scheduling must take place no later than 10 days before a scheduled game, unless it's a Week 17 game, as those games times are decided the Monday following Week 16.

If I had to guess the game will be flexed to 1:00pm with the Giants-Ravens game either being moved into Primetime or to a 4:25pm slot.

The 4-7 Jets against the 4-7 Chargers is fifth or sixth most enticing match-up of that week.
    What network (Fox or CBS) has the prime double-header game that weekend?

That will probably answer the question.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    What network (Fox or CBS) has the prime double-header game that weekend?

That will probably answer the question.
    FOX.

Giants-Ravens (a FOX game) could be flexed to 4:25, with Jets-Chargers moving up to 1.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cornjulio21 View Post
    This is the 98% likely scenario, but 4:05 can't be ruled out.

I don't think Fox is going to protect the Giants v Ravens. They have to have the Bears@Az and/or 49ers@ Seattle on late. If they did, they might want it early, especially if Pitt/Cin gets flexed. I can't imagine them protecting a game to go late, when Chi, SF and likely LA...in fact the whole west coast doesn't get it. I think they would rather get Giants Ravens early, and go regional, adding NO/Dallas to the late slot. That covers Fox pretty well if NBC goes 9ers/Hawks

Balt, Pitt, NO, Dallas all have very tough schedules the next couple of weeks. I could see a scenario with both Fox and CBS are given the go ahead to show two games each in this market even though the Jets are home. I think they can do that week 16.

If that happens, the Jets could easily be a 4:05 game, with Giants @ Ravens being early and going to most of the country where regional early action isn't required, CBS would get the go ahead to run Pitt or NE game against the Giants@ Ravens here in NY.

Then again....maybe the Jets could just have their first Blackout in forever

Can't see Woody the exposure hound letting that happen.
    Fox would probably be thrilled if they could get the league to move SF-Seattle to Sunday night and have the Giants-Ravens moved into the 4:25 slot.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    FOX.

Giants-Ravens (a FOX game) could be flexed to 4:25, with Jets-Chargers moving up to 1.
    Bingo, that's what will happen.