Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We need answers!!!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

We need answers!!!

The Jets are in crisis and what has happened to this team is a sad state. I feel the real problem is Tannebaum. He has made many personnel mistakes and decisions. After Thursday's night debacle I feel we are owed answers and that Woody Johnson needs to show us he understands what we are going through. I never want to call for someone's job but I feel we need answers and we need them now. I think to get some support back he needs to make some moves and show us he gets it. I think the first move until after the season is to reassign Tannebaum and then let go of him in January. By doing that I at least will feel that Johnson gets it because right now I do not think he does.

Another thing that gets me is that many articles I read state that Tannebaum is smart and he should be reassigned to the contractual side of football. I do not deny he is bright etc and good at that. That being said though we can find someone else to do that. It is time to move on from him. I do not know what he has on the Jets and NFL but I feel he has something on them and that is why he keeps his job.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    we get no answers and they continue to get their paychecks.

the real fans with the season tickets need to boycott the next home game to force some type of change.

i know tickets are paid for but imagine the falloout in the nfl if 40k didnt show up.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nike I agree 100%. Having gone to games for 27 years now I think that would show the organization that we don't want Tannebaum anymore and until he is gone we should not go to games. Though I agree with you I do not believe that this movement would take off.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis byrd 90 View Post
    Nike I agree 100%. Having gone to games for 27 years now I think that would show the organization that we don't want Tannebaum anymore and until he is gone we should not go to games. Though I agree with you I do not believe that this movement would take off.
    we dont want any of this not just tanny. we are the most resilent fans in the nfl but enough is enough.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    we get no answers and they continue to get their paychecks.

the real fans with the season tickets need to boycott the next home game to force some type of change.

i know tickets are paid for but imagine the falloout in the nfl if 40k didnt show up.
    In the late 70's, there was a Giant fan revolt. Everything from planes flying overhead with banners, ticket burning in parking lots and massive no-shows. The final result....the Mara's hired George Young, and the rest is history.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    While the Jets have overpayed on certain contracts they have drafted pretty well over the last few years. Wilkerson is coming along, Coples was a good pick, Kendrick Ellis has been a contributor, Wilson is okay, Hill is looking like a good WR with speed who needs to hold on to a few more balls, Kerley is playing well, Laron Landry has been very good, Yeremiah Bell is doing okay for us, Powell looks good. Overall the recent personnel pickups have done well for the Jets.

We lost Holmes and Revis, which caused some significant problems because the Jets don't really have any experienced WR's right now, so our rookies and young WR's are going through a learning curve this season. What looks like a problem now will eventually become a strength next season.

Everybody needs to settle down. The Jets are working with some young and developing players on both sides of the ball. Growing pains are going to happen. Giving it some time to develop and a few more FA's next year and the Jets will be right back to being a consistent playoff contender again.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    In the late 70's, there was a Giant fan revolt. Everything from planes flying overhead with banners, ticket burning in parking lots and massive no-shows. The final result....the Mara's hired George Young, and the rest is history.
    That was before PSLs when a fan could simply walk away from his tickets. Now there is a financial hit involved.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    While the Jets have overpayed on certain contracts they have drafted pretty well over the last few years. Wilkerson is coming along, Coples was a good pick, Kendrick Ellis has been a contributor, Wilson is okay, Hill is looking like a good WR with speed who needs to hold on to a few more balls, Kerley is playing well, Laron Landry has been very good, Yeremiah Bell is doing okay for us, Powell looks good. Overall the recent personnel pickups have done well for the Jets.

We lost Holmes and Revis, which caused some significant problems because the Jets don't really have any experienced WR's right now, so our rookies and young WR's are going through a learning curve this season. What looks like a problem now will eventually become a strength next season.

Everybody needs to settle down. The Jets are working with some young and developing players on both sides of the ball. Growing pains are going to happen. Giving it some time to develop and a few more FA's next year and the Jets will be right back to being a consistent playoff contender again.
    playoff contender?????????????? sorry pal i want a super bowl.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    playoff contender?????????????? sorry pal i want a super bowl.
    Psst...

You don't get to the Superbowl unless you get to the playoffs first. lol

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The problem that Tannenbaum needs to answer for, I think, is the lack of talent at the skill positions: QB, RB, WR. I don't blame him for Tebow because I think that was Woody sticking his nose in where it didn't belong. After all, Drew Stanton had been signed before Tebow came to town.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    That was before PSLs when a fan could simply walk away from his tickets. Now there is a financial hit involved.
    Good point, Pete. But now, with people with a true equity interest in the team, it would send an even bigger message.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Psst...

You don't get to the Superbowl unless you get to the playoffs first. lol
    Like the Jets have done last year and this year?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    season ticket holders need to boycott the next home game in mass numbers.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by beemer View Post
    The problem that Tannenbaum needs to answer for, I think, is the lack of talent at the skill positions: QB, RB, WR. I don't blame him for Tebow because I think that was Woody sticking his nose in where it didn't belong. After all, Drew Stanton had been signed before Tebow came to town.
    When you say "lack of talent" what do you mean? Do you mean lack of experienced talent or just plain lack of talent? I think Greene and Powell are talented but Powell is just beginning to start games and looks very promising. As far as WR goes, they had Holmes on the roster till he got hurt. I personally would have brought Plaxico back but I guess the decision was made to give the younger players all the playing time to help in development. As far as QB goes, unless you have top WR's how can you have improvement at the QB position? So whether or not the QB position is a problem depends on whether you think the WR situation is a problem.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    When you say "lack of talent" what do you mean? Do you mean lack of experienced talent or just plain lack of talent? I think Greene and Powell are talented but Powell is just beginning to start games and looks very promising. As far as WR goes, they had Holmes on the roster till he got hurt. I personally would have brought Plaxico back but I guess the decision was made to give the younger players all the playing time to help in development. As far as QB goes, unless you have top WR's how can you have improvement at the QB position? So whether or not the QB position is a problem depends on whether you think the WR situation is a problem.
    I think that Sanchez is not talented enough to carry lackluster WRs.

I think the Jets' WRs are not very good. They may get better (Hill, Kerley) but present abilities are what show up in games.

I think the Jets' TEs are not very good. Dustin Keller has been a major disappointment.

I think Shonn Greene is a mediocre RB, and that Bilal Powell is not good enough to make up that deficit. Joe McKnight... I don't know what he can do, but he must be making a very poor impression on the coaching staff.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Good point, Pete. But now, with people with a true equity interest in the team, it would send an even bigger message.
    This is not the stock market. You have no equity interest because there is financial return on your investment. Your return comes in the form of wins and enjoyment. They have your money. That is the the first priority of every NFL team. Don't show up? They will lose some coin at the concessions stands but they will still be raking in the dough from the networks. The only shot you have at sending a message is to not show up for a prime time game. The NFL hates seeing empty seats on TV thus the blackout rule - you might be able to beat them at their own game but it will cost you. Boycott a nationally televised, prime time game and someone MAY take notice.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by beemer View Post
    I think that Sanchez is not talented enough to carry lackluster WRs.

I think the Jets' WRs are not very good. They may get better (Hill, Kerley) but present abilities are what show up in games.

I think the Jets' TEs are not very good. Dustin Keller has been a major disappointment.

I think Shonn Greene is a mediocre RB, and that Bilal Powell is not good enough to make up that deficit. Joe McKnight... I don't know what he can do, but he must be making a very poor impression on the coaching staff.
    So you're saying the Jets WR's are not currently very good but Mark Sanchez should be able to turn them into something different? Doesn't that go both ways? If you have developing WR's who are going through growing pains doesn't that affect the QB position also? Do you think the Jets would have better QB play if they had Holmes and Plaxico in the mix right now?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want the truth!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    This is not the stock market. You have no equity interest because there is financial return on your investment. Your return comes in the form of wins and enjoyment. They have your money. That is the the first priority of every NFL team. Don't show up? They will lose some coin at the concessions stands but they will still be raking in the dough from the networks. The only shot you have at sending a message is to not show up for a prime time game. The NFL hates seeing empty seats on TV thus the blackout rule - you might be able to beat them at their own game but it will cost you. Boycott a nationally televised, prime time game and someone MAY take notice.
    You are forgetting the market we are in. Look at all the media fuss over the Fireman Ed nonsense. It wouldn't matter who the Jets were playing, or what time the game was, if 30-40,000 people didn't show up it would be huge news. Couple that with fans being interviewed in the parking lot, it would be a major story, and would be like a snowball rolling downhill. And if it happened a second time, forget about it.
    As far as a return on your investment, talk to a Giant PSL owner and ask them if their PSL is worth more now in the resale market than when they bought it 4 years ago. It is. I know because I'm married to one.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    So you're saying the Jets WR's are not currently very good but Mark Sanchez should be able to turn them into something different? Doesn't that go both ways? If you have developing WR's who are going through growing pains doesn't that affect the QB position also? Do you think the Jets would have better QB play if they had Holmes and Plaxico in the mix right now?
    It does go both ways: great players can mask the inadequacies of players around them. In this case, I don't think we have that on EITHER side of the QB / WR relationship.

I do think that Sanchez would look a bit better with Holmes and Burress healthy and catching passes from him, but I don't think he'd look great. He isn't great.