Thread: 10 AM EST and no blood letting yet?

10 AM EST and no blood letting yet?

So it's 10 am and everyone still has a job? When do you expect to hear something. Personally I don't believe anyone is losing their job until well after the season is over.

Jets Insider VIP
    Tanny wll be canned right after the season ends. Then, when the new gm is hired, he will relieve rex and the coaching staff of their duties.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Tanny wll be canned right after the season ends. Then, when the new gm is hired, he will relieve rex and the coaching staff of their duties.
    My guess is yes, Tanny is gone the day after the season is over but I think the GM will keep Rex on board another year.

I bet Tannenbaum wishes he could rewrite history.

He'll always have that famous line from Hardknocks while watching Holmes make a diving catch in the endzone at camp.

"Who was the smart guy that traded a 5th round pick for him?"

Classic!

Who? Mike Tannenbaum the same guy that signed a kiss & makeup contract to Sanchez because Mike wanted to take a sniff of Paytons cup.
    Ugh, you can't make this chit up.

We need a really strong no nonsense GM in here where NOBODYS jobs are safe. I would easily go through a 2/3 year total rebuild (Revis Trade) to try & align this teams success with the aging of TB12 up in New England.
    Start it NOW, be ready to be the team that makes him WANT TO RETIRE!

Believe it or not, the Jets are not mathematically eliminated yet so there will be no management changes I bet. There may be a blood letting (probably not a blood bath) at the end of the season. Emotions are high right now but it's not over until the next loss I'm guessing and even then, it might not be mathematically over yet.

All Pro
    I know Tanny assemblem all these players, but who was the smart guy telling everyone that this was the best team he has had since becoming the HC of the Jets.

That guy needs to be fired also.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    I know Tanny assemblem all these players, but who was the smart guy telling everyone that this was the best team he has had since becoming the HC of the Jets.

The problem there is that if it wasn't Ryan then it was Woody and if it was Woody then we are all f***ed.

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    I bet Tannenbaum wishes he could rewrite history.

He'll always have that famous line from Hardknocks while watching Holmes make a diving catch in the endzone at camp.

"Who was the smart guy that traded a 5th round pick for him?"

Classic!

Who? Mike Tannenbaum the same guy that signed a kiss & makeup contract to Sanchez because Mike wanted to take a sniff of Paytons cup.
    Ugh, you can't make this chit up.

We need a really strong no nonsense GM in here where NOBODYS jobs are safe. I would easily go through a 2/3 year total rebuild (Revis Trade) to try & align this teams success with the aging of TB12 up in New England.
    Start it NOW, be ready to be the team that makes him WANT TO RETIRE!
    Uh. You really think Tanny was the only one within the Jets that wanted Peyton? Woody and Rex did too. Bet on it. But Peyton, being smart, didn't want any part of this debacle of a franchise.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Uh. You really think Tanny was the only one within the Jets that wanted Peyton? Woody and Rex did too. Bet on it. But Peyton, being smart, didn't want any part of this debacle of a franchise.
    That reason is the same reason that we will have no ability to attract a Gruden or a Cowher or a TRUE GM without written assurance from Woody of his NOT being involved.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

The team is bad, but not bad enough to warrant any midseason firings. We'll have to let the rest of the season play out and hope some changes are made immediately after

Jets will win out against 5 horrifically bad teams not make the playoffs at 9-7 and there will be no changes thanks to their "great" run. Sucks doesn't it.......

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    The team is bad, but not bad enough to warrant any midseason firings. We'll have to let the rest of the season play out and hope some changes are made immediately after
    This is as reasonable a post as any..............

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    I beg to differ. Changes should have come over the weekend since the Jets had more than a week to get ready for their next game. Rex should have been fired after the Miami game last yr. Giving him another year after this failed yr, 1 year after the disgrace in miami would be and is a mistake.

Sorry my friend but changes should have been and need to be made. Rex must go and the sooner the better.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post

Ummm and people still think that smart guy is a better HC than Edwards!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Jets will win out against 5 horrifically bad teams not make the playoffs at 9-7 and there will be no changes thanks to their "great" run. Sucks doesn't it.......
    You know that is going to happen.
    Then to top things off they will go to afccg and lose and wind up drafting 29th