Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The stink starts with Sanchez

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

The stink starts with Sanchez

Like Boomer Esiason before him, the smell at Metlife is coming from the worst ranked QB in the entire NFL.
    I could give a rats azz that he's working with less talent then other QBs. I have sat & watched 4 years of this guy & he doesn't show any signs of growth.

Each & every time we move down the field I hold my breath when he drops back in the pocket. Not only is he not growing he's regressing.
    Remember that this is the same guy that had 5 interceptions vs the Bills while we rushed for over 300 EFFING YARDS!
    Do you know how hard that is?

Meanwhile, I have to watch Redzone & all over the league young guys are looking poised, making plays, Freeman, Wilson, Dalton, Kapernick, Tannyhill.
    Mark STINKS!
    I was wrong. I thought he could work on his accuracy, he can't.
    To be a leader you have to be consistent, he's not.
    He's wreckless with the ball
    STILL!
    Every week is the same TOs
    He's weak minded & you just can't have that in this game.
    Do you think that Sanchez has the capacity to step onto the field like Henne did & throw for over 400 yards in any game?
    You, me & every Jet fan knows that could NEVER happen.
    The guy barely gets over 100 in almost every 1st half of a game & probably averages 178 per game!
    We have to have the worst QB relative to his salary starting in the NFL.
    That's why we are where we are!
    Sure, we are an average team, but other than 5-6 teams the entire league is average!
    But we have a BELOW AVERAGE QB.
    If you take away all of his boneheaded mistakes the Jets would be 5-6 right now playing 5 teams that they COULD BEAT if he was even an average QB.
    But he's not & we are 4-7.
    With all of the stench enveloping this team, the LBs, Special teams, running game, the one person on an NFL team that can & has to rise above it all, minimize mistakes & make a few plays to lift the team is & will always be the QB.
    Sanchez is done in NY.
    I know he will be the starter in another wasted season next year, but Mark my words, no pun intended, Mark Sanchez is done in NY, especially mentally.
    If he is the opening QB for the NY Jets next september get ready for his final hurrah and if you think it's ugly right now, wait till next year when it blows up again with Holmes back again to make faces every time a ball sails over his effing head.
    We blew that draft & picked the wrong guy, it happens every year in the NFL but the longer we wait, the longer this franchise will be in a whole lotta hurt for years to come.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, the stink begins with Tannenbaum. Sanchez also emanates the same stench, but it starts with Tannenbaum. It's like looking at a giant turd and trying to figure out which part is which. Tannenbaum is the rotten fish that explodes out the ass in liquid form. Sanchez is a giant atomic assplosion of buffalo wings. Rex is the remains on the ******* that just won't go away no matter how many times you wipe.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    No, the stink begins with Tannenbaum. Sanchez also emanates the same stench, but it starts with Tannenbaum. It's like looking at a giant turd and trying to figure out which part is which. Tannenbaum is the rotten fish that explodes out the ass in liquid form. Sanchez is a giant atomic assplosion of buffalo wings. Rex is the remains on the ******* that just won't go away no matter how many times you wipe.
    I want Tannenbaum gone too, but Sanchez will lead his demise.
    If Sanchez was in the top 20 of QBs, the Jets would still be in the playoff picture & no one would be calling for firings.
    Sanchez is the lead Jester & he's got Tanny & Rex following him right over the cliff.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Remember that this is the same guy that had 5 interceptions vs the Bills while we rushed for over 300 EFFING YARDS!
    I forgot about that game. Also forgot how odd the Bills away uniforms used to be.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This has been apparent for a while. I don't know how anyone defends this guy anymore. He is clearly a below average player at his position and very few QBs, if any, are having a worse season that he is. That can't be the case in year 4. He's supposed to show progress, he just hasn't. I don't care if his cap figure forces him to be on the rosters next season, the team needs to bring in someone, anyone, who can legitimately start over him next season. Awarding this guy the starting job next season with no challenge would be an embarrassment and surely Rex's death knell.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like Boomer Esiason before him, the smell at Metlife is coming from the worst ranked QB in the entire NFL.
    I could give a rats azz that he's working with less talent then other QBs. I have sat & watched 4 years of this guy & he doesn't show any signs of growth.

Each & every time we move down the field I hold my breath when he drops back in the pocket. Not only is he not growing he's regressing.

Meanwhile, I have to watch Redzone & all over the league young guys are looking poised, making plays, Freeman, Wilson, Dalton, Kapernick, Tannyhill.
    Mark STINKS!
    I was wrong. I thought he could work on his accuracy, he can't.
    To be a leader you have to be consistent, he's not.
    He's wreckless with the ball
    STILL!
    Every week is the same TOs
    He's weak minded & you just can't have that in this game.
    Do you think that Sanchez has the capacity to step onto the field like Henne did & throw for over 400 yards in any game?
    You, me & every Jet fan knows that could NEVER happen.
    The guy barely gets over 100 in almost every 1st half of a game & probably averages 178 per game!
    We have to have the worst QB relative to his salary starting in the NFL.
    That's why we are where we are!
    Sure, we are an average team, but other than 5-6 teams the entire league is average!
    But we have a BELOW AVERAGE QB.
    If you take away all of his boneheaded mistakes the Jets would be 5-6 right now playing 5 teams that they COULD BEAT if he was even an average QB.
    But he's not & we are 4-7.
    With all of the stench enveloping this team, the LBs, Special teams, running game, the one person on an NFL team that can & has to rise above it all, minimize mistakes & make a few plays to lift the team is & will always be the QB.
    Sanchez is done in NY.
    I know he will be the starter in another wasted season next year, but Mark my words, no pun intended, Mark Sanchez is done in NY, especially mentally.
    If he is the opening QB for the NY Jets next september get ready for his final hurrah and if you think it's ugly right now, wait till next year when it blows up again with Holmes back again to make faces every time a ball sails over his effing head.
    We blew that draft & picked the wrong guy, it happens every year in the NFL but the longer we wait, the longer this franchise will be in a whole lotta hurt for years to come.
    + 100

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been a big defender of Sanchez, probably because as a Jet fan I blindly WANTED him to be better... and he did give us some good times in 2009/2010 (even though he may not deserve much of the credit)....

However I am now officially done with him, primarily based on what the OP mentioned... with the Jets playing on Thu and the G-Men on Sunday night I was able to watch a lot of the other games on DirecTV yesterday, and quite frankly other than Weedon I can't find another QB in the league who looks as bad as Sanchez. I get the lack of skill position players but his problem goes way beyond that... his confidence is shot, he plays scared and that ultimately leads to mistakes, which have been the downfall of the team this year.

Also, when your "leader" plays scared and makes stupid mistakes this trickles down to the rest of the team... just as when you have a guy like Brees it picks up the rest of the team.

I still believe on another team with a better QB coach and the right talent he can be good, it is clear there is no turning this around in NY for Mark.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    This has been apparent for a while. I don't know how anyone defends this guy anymore. He is clearly a below average player at his position and very few QBs, if any, are having a worse season that he is. That can't be the case in year 4. He's supposed to show progress, he just hasn't. I don't care if his cap figure forces him to be on the rosters next season, the team needs to bring in someone, anyone, who can legitimately start over him next season. Awarding this guy the starting job next season with no challenge would be an embarrassment and surely Rex's death knell.
    He give us the best chance to win!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    He give us the best chance to win!
    Ha, ha.
    When Sanchez was drafted he was linked to Tanny & Rex at that very moment in time.
    They hooked themselves to the good looking mexicans bandwagon & never looked back.

They never brought in any competition for him, coddled him, gave him colored cue cards, even brought in a guy like Tebow that throws worse them him.

They made their bed with Sanchez & it was the wrong choice. When you do that then you all must go down with the ship.
    They all need to go.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    THE SUCKCHIZE!!!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've come to believe that Sanchez has the stench of a loser. In life, Mark is a big winner... millionaire, good looking, etc.... In the NFL, he is a Loser. Please rid my team of his terrible stench. He is the Anti-Franchise. Not only does he gift wrap wins for opponents, he also somehow manages to make everyone around him play at their rock bottom worst.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saying Sanchez stinks is not really groundbreaking stuff.

Regardless of issues with receivers, OLine, or running game, Sanchez's biggest failures are 100% his own doing. The Pats game is a perfect example.

His INT was 100% on him. He misread the defense and threw into a trap. The same with the Butt Fumble. He forgot the play and then compounded it by running right at Moore rather than either throwing the ball away or running out of the pocket to open field.

His innacuracy is also his fault. People can't just blame it on the receivers or pressure because when he gets time he still throws WTF passes.

If Sanchez wants to be better and, by extension, the Jets to be better, then Sanchez needs to look in the mirror and decide what he needs to do to get it done.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The stink starts at Woody, seeps down through the front office, and into the QB, who as you can see in the animated gif below, is trying very hard to return to his natural habitat.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    I've come to believe that Sanchez has the stench of a loser. In life, Mark is a big winner... millionaire, good looking, etc.... In the NFL, he is a Loser. Please rid my team of his terrible stench. He is the Anti-Franchise. Not only does he gift wrap wins for opponents, he also somehow manages to make everyone around him play at their rock bottom worst.
    OMG + 1000.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    OMG + 1000.
    The only reason that Keller keeps defending Sanchez is that he needs Mark to get him the ball over these last 5 weeks to pad his free agent numbers.
    They can't say it in public but you know that Keller knows, playing with Mark is gonna cost him a few million dollars he will NOT get in the open market.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    OMG + 1000.
    Look what happened to the Jets in 2008 with Favre at QB before he got hurt.
    Team was playing with confidence.
    I was at the Pats game that we won on that Sunday night.

Keller hasn't looked that good SINCE THAT GAME!
    Favre made everyone around him better, that's what FRANCHISE QBs do.
    No one trusts Mark, you can see it & just feel it when we get in the Red Zone, the entire teams sphincters shut down

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Respectfully disagree. I think the stink begins with Woody. He hired these guys and I firmly believe he has input into the Tebow deal.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Saying Sanchez stinks is not really groundbreaking stuff.

Regardless of issues with receivers, OLine, or running game, Sanchez's biggest failures are 100% his own doing. The Pats game is a perfect example.

His INT was 100% on him. He misread the defense and threw into a trap. The same with the Butt Fumble. He forgot the play and then compounded it by running right at Moore rather than either throwing the ball away or running out of the pocket to open field.

His innacuracy is also his fault. People can't just blame it on the receivers or pressure because when he gets time he still throws WTF passes.

If Sanchez wants to be better and, by extension, the Jets to be better, then Sanchez needs to look in the mirror and decide what he needs to do to get it done.
    You know what is amazing.Against the Rams, Sanchez was hailed for his pump fake TD to schelins. What nobody said was how horrible the throw actually was. He took a simple wide open double move and made it into an adventure for the WR. The guy is an awful QB.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You know what is amazing.Against the Rams, Sanchez was hailed for his pump fake TD to schelins. What nobody said was how horrible the throw actually was. He took a simple wide open double move and made it into an adventure for the WR. The guy is an awful QB.
    Yes, wrong shoulder, schelins had to turn awkwardly just to come down with it & he was open by 5 yards easily!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, wrong shoulder, schelins had to turn awkwardly just to come down with it & he was open by 5 yards easily!
    That's what I'm talking about. That's 100% on Sanchez and he can correct it.

It's so odd. With a guy like Tebow, you can tell he's a bad thrower with the weird mechanics. Sanchez has perfect mechanics, good velocity, nice spirals, and the balls are still an adventure for the WRs.

Sanchez should easily be at 60% completion even with the WR issues.