Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The stink starts with Sanchez

Mark simply does NOT know how to be an NFL QB.

Maybe that sh-t flew in College but in the Pros, it's a different Game and Mark ***NEVER*** adjusted accordingly.

Or maybe he just refused to and is really a lazy fuk who got his money and just doesn't care anymore?

Either way, he has GOT TO GO(not next year, thanks to Tanny)......

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    That's what I'm talking about. That's 100% on Sanchez and he can correct it.

It's so odd. With a guy like Tebow, you can tell he's a bad thrower with the weird mechanics. Sanchez has perfect mechanics, good velocity, nice spirals, and the balls are still an adventure for the WRs.

Sanchez should easily be at 60% completion even with the WR issues.
    Don't get sucked into that line of thinking. He's done. If he recovers to be a good NFL QB, he'll be the first ever to do so. I never put my money on exceptions; you should always bet the rule.

I have to admit I do see where you are coming from. I've been there, but it's too late. It's finished. No one can undo the damage the Jets have done to Sanchez by never expecting him to play like a real NFL QB. When you pick a guy at number 6, you hand him the ball and tell him to go out there and win some games. Only the Jets draft a guy 6th and then tell him to play not to lose the game. They embedded a losing mentality in his training. In his mind, his actions equate to losing.

And on top of it all, they saddle him with the worst QB coach (perhaps in the history of) the NFL. The boy is done. Whatever he can salvage of a career is nothing we want to be part of.

Sonny, do you agree with me that Mark simply does NOT know how to be an NFL QB? See my previous post....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Mark simply does NOT know how to be an NFL QB.

Maybe that sh-t flew in College but in the Pros, it's a different Game and Mark ***NEVER*** adjusted accordingly.

Just look at some film when he was at USC.

He was throwing to fast WR's who always had 10 yards of separation and was protected by a monster OLine.

That's not reality in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Sonny, do you agree with me that Mark simply does NOT know how to be an NFL QB? See my previous post....
    I don't have a crystal ball to know what he "could have been", if they gave him a real QB coach and handed him the keys to the O and said go play QB and win us some games. He may still have failed because he was unwilling or unable to adjust to the pro game. We'll never really know. What I do know is that his ship has sailed, and the QB we see today is just plain bad. He does not see things he should see; he is not accurate; and he makes painfully tragic mistakes with regularity.

Preaching to the choir. Sanchezdoes this a lot. He just never hits a reciever on the numbers. It always seems to be high low or behind. This should have beensolved by a qbcoach who knows what he is doing. But Cavanuagh stillhas a job.QUOTE=Tinstar;4701391]You know what is amazing.Against the Rams, Sanchez was hailed for his pump fake TD to schelins. What nobody said was how horrible the throw actually was. He took a simple wide open double move and made it into an adventure for the WR. The guy is an awful QB.[/QUOTE]

exciting thread.

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Don't get sucked into that line of thinking. He's done. If he recovers to be a good NFL QB, he'll be the first ever to do so. I never put my money on exceptions; you should always bet the rule.

I have to admit I do see where you are coming from. I've been there, but it's too late. It's finished. No one can undo the damage the Jets have done to Sanchez by never expecting him to play like a real NFL QB. When you pick a guy at number 6, you hand him the ball and tell him to go out there and win some games. Only the Jets draft a guy 6th and then tell him to play not to lose the game. They embedded a losing mentality in his training. In his mind, his actions equate to losing.

And on top of it all, they saddle him with the worst QB coach (perhaps in the history of) the NFL. The boy is done. Whatever he can salvage of a career is nothing we want to be part of.
    He will NEVER be even a decent QB. He sacked right from the get go and it has never changed. 4 years now of screwing our favorite team.

And don't ever get tricked into THINKING about him either. His is so f*cking inaccurate that he could NEVER last. I used to think about the things you are talking about. But I came to realize it makes no difference what you're thinking. His inaccuracy will always kill the prospect of him QBing another NFL team.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Look what happened to the Jets in 2008 with Favre at QB before he got hurt.
    Team was playing with confidence.
    I was at the Pats game that we won on that Sunday night.

Keller hasn't looked that good SINCE THAT GAME!
    Favre made everyone around him better, that's what FRANCHISE QBs do.
    No one trusts Mark, you can see it & just feel it when we get in the Red Zone, the entire teams sphincters shut down
    That was a Thursday night game, not Sunday.

Sent from my LG-P999

Quote Originally Posted by PaPZ187 View Post
    That was a Thursday night game, not Sunday.

Sent from my LG-P999
    My bad that's right it was Thursday, cold misty Azz night.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Sanchez has not produced the results the team needs. Next man up please. The insistence Ryan has at continuing to trot Sanchez out there is really the sensitive nerve that psychologically hurts the team.

Ryan is out of touch big-time with the vibe of his players. When 53 men who play an emotional, very physical game, see a soft, timid, indecisive millionaire at QB who is not held to task by the coaches, you are going to have problems.

Whats weird about this is that Ryan likes to bluster about being tough, persevering, etc. Sanchez is the antithesis of that. The dudes body language screams "My confidence is shot".

Sit Sanchez now.

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    They never brought in any competition for him, coddled him, gave him colored cue cards, even brought in a guy like Tebow that throws worse them him.
    I'll bet you Tebow throws better than Sanchez right now, and he doesn't have the death stink of a loser.

The current Jet management would have turned Rodgers into a third rate QB. Sanchez is done here. Maybe he gets lucky and gets to sit on the bench somewhere with good coaching and figures it out down the road. Right now he is awful. The problem the Jets have is they don't have management in place that can develop a QB. There is simply no point in pursuing a young QB with the current staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    The current Jet management would have turned Rodgers into a third rate QB. Sanchez is done here. Maybe he gets lucky and gets to sit on the bench somewhere with good coaching and figures it out down the road. Right now he is awful. The problem the Jets have is they don't have management in place that can develop a QB. There is simply no point in pursuing a young QB with the current staff.
    To make matters worse, the Dolphins who everyone was laughing at during hardknocks just beat the Seahawks with Tannyhill posting an 88 QBR!
    Brady didn't even play well vs the Seahawks.

Miamis GM Jeff Ireland was being ROASTED in the offseason!
    Now they have their franchise QB, a coach in Philbin from the Greenbay tree to bring him along.
    Meanwhile here in NY, the Jets are f*cking reeling, with a crappy QB, no running game, trying RBs at WR because we either have NONE or they are broken.
    It is really hard to be a Jet fan.
    I went from laughing along with everyone else about the Fins & now we are the laughing stock NFL team at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    At least that one can be thrown out when it gets stinky.............

Practice Squad
    This Says It All: