Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arizona would be a good place for Sanchez

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarjet View Post
    Honestly this could be one of those 13-10 yawners with neither team able to move the ball.. A far cry from the Farve Warner shootout of 2008
    You're probably right. But, for some reason, I'm getting a vibe that 'Zona moves the ball on us and their D gets a score or two off Sanchez blunders.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep with cute cheerleaders, 75 degrees during the tailgate and takes 30 minutes to get home, even if you stay till the gun SIGN ME UP!!!
    Went to two games this year...Saw the Cardinals destroy the Eagles, then watched them get destroyed by the 49ers at Monday Night Football.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    You're probably right. But, for some reason, I'm getting a vibe that 'Zona moves the ball on us and their D gets a score or two off Sanchez blunders.
    If the bolded happens, Rex's job might really be in trouble. The part about their D scoring and Sanchez making blunders is honestly expected....

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Went to two games this year...Saw the Cardinals destroy the Eagles, then watched them get destroyed by the 49ers at Monday Night Football.
    Was at those games too and the debacle against the Rams yesterday. I have season tix... cheap entertainment and I give some to my clients. Bought them when Jets, Pats and Giants were home games a few years back and never gave em up.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Put it in the book. The Jets get destroyed on Sunday. Guys have already started going into the tank.
    Hope you're right.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    If the bolded happens, Rex's job might really be in trouble. The part about their D scoring and Sanchez making blunders is honestly expected....
    If the Jets can't pressure Kolb or Lindley, whoever goes for them, it will be a long day. If given time both can find Fitz or Heap. Lindley was playing lights out until Rams dialed up pressure. Kolb tore apart the Eagles D with no pressure. Cards play true West Coast style timing over the middle passing game. Take this away and we win.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the Jets can't pressure Kolb or Lindley, whoever goes for them, it will be a long day. If given time both can find Fitz or Heap. Lindley was playing lights out until Rams dialed up pressure. Kolb tore apart the Eagles D with no pressure. Cards play true West Coast style timing over the middle passing game. Take this away and we win.
    There's no point to go into any deep analysis. The Cards are a terrible offense with horrible, mistake-prone QB play. The type of offense a Rex Ryan D would have eaten in its sleep in 09 and 10. The type it has still eaten up in 12. There's no excuse to allow a good day to the Cards offense and if it happens, it means the D has quit on Rex too, in which case there's basically no point in keeping the guy around any further because that is his supposed strength. His D has to perform for him down the stretch this season against a string of bad offenses otherwise Rex will have a ton of people calling for his head. That's how I view the remainder of this season. There's almost no point in wasting breath analyzing Sanchez and the offense anymore because like with the Cards, it's such a bad offense (personnel-wise and on the field) it doesn't even matter.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    There's no point to go into any deep analysis. The Cards are a terrible offense with horrible, mistake-prone QB play. The type of offense a Rex Ryan D would have eaten in its sleep in 09 and 10. The type it has still eaten up in 12. There's no excuse to allow a good day to the Cards offense and if it happens, it means the D has quit on Rex too, in which case there's basically no point in keeping the guy around any further because that is his supposed strength. His D has to perform for him down the stretch this season against a string of bad offenses otherwise Rex will have a ton of people calling for his head. That's how I view the remainder of this season. There's almost no point in wasting breath analyzing Sanchez and the offense anymore because like with the Cards, it's such a bad offense (personnel-wise and on the field) it doesn't even matter.
    Spot on. Pretty much sums it up

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Whitehot glare of NYC has scorched our boy Sanchez.
    He would probably do well in a town like Phoenix where no one really give 2 chits.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Sanchez goes to Arizona it will hopefully be in the witness protection program.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    If Sanchez goes to Arizona it will hopefully be in the witness protection program.
    He will have NO trouble blending in here

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Dont be surprised if he is traded for Matt Flynn

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont see Sanch in the league after he leaves. I just get the idea he wants to go the tv route like Jesse Palmer or Harrington. I hav
    E no facts on this but i just dont see football As important to himUOTE=SMC;4701446]The best place for Sanchez, career wise, is either the Saints or the P aackers as a backup for the next year or 2 so he can learn how to play the position, get quality offensive coaching, and mature.

Then he look for a starting job in his late 20s and have a Rich Gannon-esque career in his 30s.[/QUOTE]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Jets are on the hook for 100% of Sanchez salary paid in full within 30 days if he goes to another team.

That's about $8.25MM.
    Not if he is traded... they would not be on the hook for his base salary. If we cut him they are on the hook and must pay him within 30 days....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im sure the cadinals gm was watching thursday night thinking, "Man, how can we get mark sanchez on our team next year. We just have to have him."

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Im sure the cadinals gm was watching thursday night thinking, "Man, how can we get mark sanchez on our team next year. We just have to have him."
    LMAO!
    Spit funny

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    I would be very surprised. Flynn wont meet any of his incentives being a back up and his salary over the next two years won't equal 1/2 Sanchez salary for next year.

The seahawks don't have loads of cap space to waste on a Backup qb and Flynns SB will hit the seahawks cap next year in any trade.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    The Jets would have to throw in Revis to make that happen.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    The Jets would have to throw in Revis to make that happen.
    Yeah!!! That would GREAT MOVE!!! Lets trade the BEST player on defence in the leauge for a guy who can't beat out a rookie for the starting job.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    A Sanchez-for-Kolb swap would be interesting to say the least

Both teams could potentially get worse.