Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Arizona would be a good place for Sanchez

All League
    sanchez-teblow-holmes deal for fitz

make it happen!!

Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    Dont be surprised if he is traded for Matt Flynn
    Why would Pete Carroll want to pay Sanchez MORE than Flynn to be Russel Wilson's back-up?

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    LONGSHOT:

How about SD for Sanchez? Rivers is doing all he can to not be back next season there, and Marky is a So-Cal kid.....

In addition, there is a huge Mexican fan base in Southern CA, and I could see the Bolts possibly trying to capitalize on the Sanchez-SoCal connection?

All League
    Nobody is going to trade for a QB with a big price tag with skills equal to their incumbent or backup QB...we need to cut him loose and admit the mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Icer View Post
    Nobody is going to trade for a QB with a big price tag with skills equal to their incumbent or backup QB...we need to cut him loose and admit the mistake
    We're paying him 8m whether he's here or not. What we need to do is draft his replacement and let them compete for the job in TC. If Mark steps up his game then best case scenario we have a SD situation with Brees/Rivers. If Mark continues to suck then he's a decent backup for the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    We're paying him 8m whether he's here or not. What we need to do is draft his replacement and let them compete for the job in TC. If Mark steps up his game then best case scenario we have a SD situation with Brees/Rivers. If Mark continues to suck then he's a decent backup for the meantime.
    There are no QBs in the upcoming draft. Geno Smith is a poor man's Cam Newton (very poor man's). Then there Mr. USC - Matt Barkley. And Tyler Wilson from Arkansas (he had a fine year). It's SO BAD, a freshman, Johnny Manziel is the leading Heisman candidate.

Jets Insider VIP
    LOL

I love this line of thinking that Sanchez would suddenly flourish if he went elsewhere.

The same silly sh*t I heard about LaMont Jordan, Chris Baker, Victor Hobson, etc.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

I love this line of thinking that Sanchez would suddenly flourish if he went elsewhere.

The same silly sh*t I heard about LaMont Jordan, Chris Baker, Victor Hobson, etc.
    And Danny Woodhead?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

+1. He is a BAD QB. He isnt going to make it anywhere else. He is John Skelton, David Carr, Joey Harrington, Browning Nagle, Dave Brown all wrapped in 1 package. Face it.... He's a bust. No GM is going to trade for this. Once released in early 2014 after another abysmal season () this guy will end up an analyst somewhere.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    And Danny Woodhead?
    Wat about him?
    He was good for a few months up there,which made Jets fans cringe, but he pretty much is a non factor right now, right?

Is 187 yards rushing considered "lighting it up"?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    And Danny Woodhead?
    Woodhead once he left the Jets made a career for himself. The other guys that were listed did not. SHould come as no suprise that if the Jets whiffed on Sanchez they would wiff on Woodhead.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarjet View Post
    Woodhead once he left the Jets made a career for himself. The other guys that were listed did not. SHould come as no suprise that if the Jets whiffed on Sanchez they would wiff on Woodhead.
    Jets didn't whiff on Woodhead.

Jets offense was not a good match for Woodhead's skillset.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post
    sanchez-teblow-holmes deal for fitz

make it happen!!
    I know that was tongue-in-cheek, but that trade is literally two 7th-round picks and a 4th-rounder for a top-3 WR.

I've got an Atari 2600 for sale to anyone who thinks Sanchez and Tebow combined would return anything higher than a 6th-round pick.

Actually, Sanchez has more perceived physical talent than Kolb or Skelton.

But effectively it would be an exchange of players who need to get out. Arizona and the West Coast are where Sanchez belongs. I could care less who the Jets get in return. I'm tired of watching Sanchez in green.

Let Woody waste a season on his holy boy who is even somehow considered a worse passer than Sanchez who is obviously a walking JUGGS machine.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    A Sanchez-for-Kolb swap would be interesting to say the least

Both teams could potentially get worse.
    and both fan bases would lose their collective minds

Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    There are no QBs in the upcoming draft. Geno Smith is a poor man's Cam Newton (very poor man's). Then there Mr. USC - Matt Barkley. And Tyler Wilson from Arkansas (he had a fine year). It's SO BAD, a freshman, Johnny Manziel is the leading Heisman candidate.
    Then they have to look for a competent veteran to step in and compete. You can't just cut an 8 million dollar player. Bench him, give him competition, find a replacement, but you still keep him as a backup at least and get some usefulness out of the deal.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    and both fan bases would lose their collective minds
    And both coaches would loose their jobs..... Arizona has been down the path with a USC "Phenom" already. Never gonna happen again.

Rookie
    Then they have to look for a competent veteran to step in and compete. You can't just cut an 8 million dollar player. Bench him, give him competition, find a replacement, but you still keep him as a backup at least and get some usefulness out of the deal.
    Agree.. There are too many holes to fill right now to go all in on a sub par QB class this year. Start the rebuild at the Offensive skill players and Pass Rusher this year, and find a competent vet to work with them.

As an aside I was intrigued by the experiment with Lindley at QB for Arizona last week. At least they got to see what they had. I am to the point where I want to see McElroy. How can it be any worse than the **** show we saw on turkey day?

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarjet View Post
    Agree.. There are too many holes to fill right now to go all in on a sub par QB class this year. Start the rebuild at the Offensive skill players and Pass Rusher this year, and find a competent vet to work with them.

As an aside I was intrigued by the experiment with Lindley at QB for Arizona last week. At least they got to see what they had. I am to the point where I want to see McElroy. How can it be any worse than the **** show we saw on turkey day?
    I agree. I have no hopes of McElroy being anything special, but we have to look at least.