Thread: Forget loosing Sanchez and Rex

Forget loosing Sanchez and Rex

For those of you who think that Sanchez is going to go you're delusional. The Jets owe him $8 million in guaranteed money so he WILL be back. Rex also is not going anywhere unless the Jets loose the remainder of their games. I think there are a lot of players on the bubble along with Tanny and Sporano but Rex and Sanchez are going to be here in 2013

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    For those of you who think that Sanchez is going to go you're delusional. The Jets owe him $8 million in guaranteed money so he WILL be back. Rex also is not going anywhere unless the Jets loose the remainder of their games. I think there are a lot of players on the bubble along with Tanny and Sporano but Rex and Sanchez are going to be here in 2013
    Hopefully they'll get loosed. I don't want to see any person tied up someplace and unuable to get loosed.

Thanks to meyer for starting thread number 6000 to make us aware of this inhumane situation and hopefully his efforts will result in their getting loosed

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

The $8 mil is immaterial really, the $4 mil or so of accelerated cap hit is what comes into play if Sanchez is cut.

Jets Insider VIP
    These "Forget about firing ______" or "There's no way we're getting rid of ______" threads are so misguided IMO.

We see it all the time on JI. There were such threads about Schitty, about Mangini, about Hackett and Herm. There were similar threads about Chad.

The bottom line is that if the team wants to get rid of a player, coach, executive, etc. they'll find a way to do it.

What we really don't know is if Woody sincerely wants to keep Rex or Tanny or Sanchez. If he does, then they'll be here. If he waivers, then anything can happen.

The Jets should bring Sanchez back as a personal punt protector. The Jets need more competition at that spot.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    These "Forget about firing ______" or "There's no way we're getting rid of ______" threads are so misguided IMO.

We see it all the time on JI. There were such threads about Schitty, about Mangini, about Hackett and Herm. There were similar threads about Chad.

The bottom line is that if the team wants to get rid of a player, coach, executive, etc. they'll find a way to do it.

What we really don't know is if Woody sincerely wants to keep Rex or Tanny or Sanchez. If he does, then they'll be here. If he waivers, then anything can happen.
    +1.

It's really Woody's call in the end.