View Poll Results: At the current time, who is the most overrated player in the game?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Andrew Luck

    1 1.85%
  • Cam Newton

    6 11.11%
  • Michael Vick

    15 27.78%
  • Troy Polamalu

    7 12.96%
  • Matthew Stafford

    3 5.56%
  • Ray Lewis

    1 1.85%
  • Tony Romo

    10 18.52%
  • Mark Fitzpatrick

    1 1.85%
  • Other

    10 18.52%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 53

Thread: At the current time, who is the most overrated player in the game?

  1. #1

    At the current time, who is the most overrated player in the game?

    At the current time, who is the most overrated player in the game?

    1. Andrew Luck- All I hear about him is how he is going to be amazing. Yet 13 TD's, 13 INT's and the 29th best QB rating doesn't impress me. How come people can't finally admit that right now Griffin is a thousand times better?

    2. Newton- I was one of the few who thought he already was the most overrated player last year, when he as nearly an average passer. Now he is well below average with 9 TD's, 10 INT's and the 27th best QB rating.

    3. Vick- Was the most overrated player in the game for sure when he was on Atlanta. Had only good one fluke season in Philly but now has reverted back to his usual ability. 11 TD, 9INT's, and the 26th best QB rating.

    4. Polamalu- Can't cover if his life depended on it, and that's when he is healthy. But he never is healthy. If people still claim he is great, then Bob Sanders is even better. Unless you can somehow contribute to your team as a cheerleader every week.

    5. Stafford- Guy is made out of glass. Big injuries derailed 2 of his first 3 seasons. Has a grear 3rd season but now back to playing subpar QB. Currently has 14 TD's, 10 INT's, and the 22nd best QB rating.

    6. Ray Lewis- The guy is way past his prime yet is still somehow considered one of the best defenders in the NFL. If by best you mean 5th best, and by NFL you mean the Ravens, then we agree.

    7. Tony Romo- Never plays well in the clutch and can turn the ball over in chunks. Currently has 16 TD's, 15 INT's, and 16th best QB rating.

    8. Ryan Fitzpatrick- No one thinks he is good but to call him an average QB is a huge stretch. Has not yet had 1 good game in his career against an upper level defense. Currently has 18 TD's 11 INT's, and 17th best QB rating. Minus out all the garbage time touchdowns (3 in the Jets game alone) and you got yourself a bottom 5 QB rating.

    9. Other?

    PS. I meant Ryan Fitzpatrick in the poll. A hybrid QB of Fitz and Sanchez is scary to even think about.
    Last edited by jetglass; 11-26-2012 at 05:27 PM.

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    brooklyn,NY
    Posts
    5,662
    Andrew luck will be top 10 qb by next year.. Stats aside just watch him play the kid has it ..

  3. #3
    You mean Ryan Fitzpatrick?

    Your ignorance of Mario Williams is pretty terrible, I might add.

    He is FAR AND AWAY the most overrated player in the league. Which is substantiated by the fact that he is the highest paid defensive player in the league and nearly lost his starting position prior to actually doing something last week.

    Hey but you gotta pay them well to get them to go up to lovely Buffalo..........

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    You mean Ryan Fitzpatrick?

    Your ignorance of Mario Williams is pretty terrible, I might add.

    He is FAR AND AWAY the most overrated player in the league. Which is substantiated by the fact that he is the highest paid defensive player in the league and nearly lost his starting position prior to actually doing something last week.

    Hey but you gotta pay them well to get them to go up to lovely Buffalo..........
    My bad. Yes, I meant Ryan Fitzpatrick. I made a hybrid player of Sanchez and Fitz. I agree with you on Mario. Didnt think of him when I came up with the poll.

  5. #5
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,369
    Suh should be in this.

  6. #6
    While I hear what you're saying about Luck I'd have to strongly disagree. RG3 is undoubtedly having one of the best rookie seasons ever, but I've watched both play a lot and they are going to both be studs. Keep in mind Luck is being asked to pass the ball a lot more and he keeps improving week after week. I don't know who will end up being the better QB, but it's going to be a fun battle to watch. RG3's throwing is underrated and so is Luck's athleticism.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Suh should be in this.
    Yes. I agree. But the limit is 10 options so I had to stop somehwere. Suh and M Williams should be on the list if there was room.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Suh should be in this.
    No he shouldn't. Suh is amazing. He plays dirty because he's unblockable and the o-lineman are doing to him what ended Kris Jenkins' career.

    Watch the d-line before you make a statement like that. Suh is in the backfield nearly every play and is making Fairley look awesome, as well. Fairley's no slouch, but he's not Suh.

    There's roughly 2 DT's I'd take over Suh in the league right now, Ngata, who is the best there is and Wilfork who is essentially all you need to ever mention about the Pats d.

    Neither light up statistically, because NG's in 3-4's aren't supposed to.

    Casey Hampton is getting old, but he's still pretty damned good.

  9. #9

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,313
    Out of those options probably Newton. Great athlete but he doesn't have the mentality you want in a QB who's leading your team.

    Or maybe Vick for this board, we have scores of posters here that actually think we should trade for him

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Tebow.
    Overexposed != Overrated.

    But, I get your point.

  12. #12
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,369
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    No he shouldn't. Suh is amazing. He plays dirty because he's unblockable and the o-lineman are doing to him what ended Kris Jenkins' career.

    Watch the d-line before you make a statement like that. Suh is in the backfield nearly every play and is making Fairley look awesome, as well. Fairley's no slouch, but he's not Suh.

    There's roughly 2 DT's I'd take over Suh in the league right now, Ngata, who is the best there is and Wilfork who is essentially all you need to ever mention about the Pats d.

    Neither light up statistically, because NG's in 3-4's aren't supposed to.

    Casey Hampton is getting old, but he's still pretty damned good.
    Yes he should! The last 2 years many were calling him the best defensive player in the league. If that's not overating someone who clearly isn't the best I don't know what is.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St. Peter-Ording (Germany)
    Posts
    5,530
    Matt Ryan should be on the list aswell. All we hear is about "Matty Ice" yet he has never won a playoff game...

  14. #14
    No doubt Mike Vick, the guy has a star studded cast and he can't do anything with it.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    Matt Ryan should be on the list aswell. All we hear is about "Matty Ice" yet he has never won a playoff game...
    and that will continue this year. they will be the #1 seed and lose.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St. Peter-Ording (Germany)
    Posts
    5,530
    Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    and that will continue this year. they will be the #1 seed and lose.
    And just think of what a perfect situation he is in - HOF tight end, elite OLine and run game and on top of that two legit number one receivers... not to mention that he plays in a dome...

  17. #17
    When he was being talked about as a legit MVP candidate earlier in the season, I would have said Eli considering his week to week level of play is just not at that level.

    From your list, probably Luck because his individual performances are being glossed over by his team winning games. He's been solid for a rookie, but he is not having a special or landmark season.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Jets Land
    Posts
    1,262
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    You mean Ryan Fitzpatrick?

    Your ignorance of Mario Williams is pretty terrible, I might add.

    He is FAR AND AWAY the most overrated player in the league. Which is substantiated by the fact that he is the highest paid defensive player in the league and nearly lost his starting position prior to actually doing something last week.

    Hey but you gotta pay them well to get them to go up to lovely Buffalo..........
    I don't know where you got your information from but Williams never came close to losing his starting job. That is just a lie. I live an hour from Buffalo and haven't heard that once on any sports radio show, not even a call in from a fan. It's complete bs. And he really isn't having a bad year at all. Most people thought in Buffalo that he would have 20 sacks this year but they aren't living in reality. Over his career he has averaged over a 16 game season 47 tackles and 10.5 sacks. Before last weeks game he was on pace fro 44 tackles and 9 sacks, after this past weeks game he is on pace for 48 tackles and 12.5 sacks. And that is with offenses always rolling blocking to his side. Hardly a down season and we would absolutely kill for that.
    Last edited by Choon328; 11-26-2012 at 06:40 PM.

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    And just think of what a perfect situation he is in - HOF tight end, elite OLine and run game and on top of that two legit number one receivers... not to mention that he plays in a dome...
    FTW!

  20. #20
    Arian Foster is pretty damn overrated. For a guy considered elite, he does pass the eye test. But you look at his stats, and he racks them up because the Texans feed him the ball 35 times a game, and he barely averages 4 YPC. All of his TDs are goal line. IDK, but I think his success is more the scheme than his own talent.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us