View Poll Results: At the current time, who is the most overrated player in the game?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Andrew Luck

1 1.85%
  • Cam Newton

6 11.11%
  • Michael Vick

15 27.78%
  • Troy Polamalu

7 12.96%
  • Matthew Stafford

3 5.56%
  • Ray Lewis

1 1.85%
  • Tony Romo

10 18.52%
  • Mark Fitzpatrick

1 1.85%
  • Other

10 18.52%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: At the current time, who is the most overrated player in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Hard to say. I will break it down by position. Subject to change, just off the top of my head.

QB - Vick
    OL - Brick
    WR - Desean Jackson
    TE - Finley
    RB - Forte/Johnson - tie
    DT - Suh
    DE - Allen
    OLB - Matthews
    ILB - Harris (not sure how rest of the league views him but he is overrated/overpaid)
    CB - Aso
    S - Wilson
    Mathews? I don't know man, when Packers were on the other night and he was out injured, I saw a defensive lineup consisting of rookies and 2nd stringers that got simply embarrassed. He is their only pass rushing threat and a real good one. I'd take him on the Jets in a second.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Mathews? I don't know man, when Packers were on the other night and he was out injured, I saw a defensive lineup consisting of rookies and 2nd stringers that got simply embarrassed. He is their only pass rushing threat and a real good one. I'd take him on the Jets in a second.
    If he didn't have long hair nobody would care.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Semantically speaking, the DC's of many of the teams where you are saying "He's an OLB" do both 3-4 and 4-3 looks. Smith, Matthews, and Ware will play on the line in 4-3 alignments, so will Miller. JPP will play standing up at times, too. So will Osi and Kiwanuka (part of why the Giants D-line is so good is that these guys have the size and speed to shift not just to OLB or DE, but to DT (Tuck, Kiwanuka) which is why I'd love our next GM to come from a system that drafts like that.)

Pretty sure JJ Watt is going to be DPOY and is the best DE/OLB in the NFL. Which is the thing here:

If Williams is so good, then how, losing both Williams and Ryans, two Pro Bowlers, did Houston's defense improve after they got hurt?

I'll give you Wade, but Houston knew that Williams wasn't worth what he was going to demand and his impact, even if he has decent sack numbers, haven't really meant much to a Bills Defense that is one of the worst in the NFL.
    Thats like saying Calvin Pace is a DE b/c he puts his hand down sometimes in a 4-3 alignment. His main position is OLB just like those other guys. Also, Williams had 5 sacks in 5 games before he got hurt last year. Who knows what kind of numbers he would have had playing the rush OLB like Mathews and those other guys play. The Texans defense improved with the switch to a 3-4, it had nothing to do with the absence of Williams. In fact I can make the argument that it would have been better if Williams stayed healthy all year.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Namath was a way different era where passing numbers for QBs looked far different.

Do your homework dude, look up Eli's season stats. They are considerably closer to Sanchez's numbers this season than that of the elite QBs in the league. Yes, he had a great game Sunday night on national TV for a big audience. But his 3 prior games he also had 0 TDs and 4 INTs. Do those not count just because they were regional 1 pm games?

The guy is a very good QB and certainly has had his share of clutch moments. But we're in an era of very good QB play though and there's just a number of QBs who consistently outperform Eli. So he's slightly overrated I think
    He's on pace for 25+ TDs and his 4th straight 4,000 yard season.

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    He's on pace for 25+ TDs and his 4th straight 4,000 yard season.
    25+ TDs isn't the be all end all. Fitzpatrick will do that this year. A 2nd year player like Dalton is close to that already. Russell Wilson will probably eclipse that. Sanchez had 26 last year.

Right now, Eli has 15 TDs v. 11 INTs, and while that isn't all that matters, like I said, it's more on par with Sanchez than Brady or Rodgers. All you heard this offseason was Eli is a HoF player, a top 5 QB, and here we are through 11 games and he has 15 TDs, 11 INTs, 84.3 passer rating (good for 19th in the league). HoF is a high high standard. You better be top 3 at your position if not the absolute best year in and year out. Eli is not.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    If he didn't have long hair nobody would care.
    He has 9 sacks in 8 games played. We'd care if one of our players did that in half a season. But I don't think a Jet player has done that since the 80s era of Gastineau and Klecko.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Colin Kapernick.

He's getting a lot of press but what has he done? Geez. Let him play a few games before we send him to Canton! (That comment was for Greenie @ espn)

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    Ray Lewis
    Peyton Manning
    Michael Vick
    Sanchez
    Romo
    Rivers
    Mario Williams
    Ed Reed
    Fitzpatrick
    Alex Smith
    Revis ( jets havent won jackshi* with Revis playin)
    Tebow
    Chris Johnson

Thats Just a few and i know alot more..
    You think Revis is overrated? In what way do you think he is overrated? That might be the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    You think Revis is overrated? In what way do you think he is overrated? That might be the dumbest thing I have ever heard.
    Hang around, I'm sure someone will top it.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    MJD

All Pro
    NEW YORK JETS

All Pro
    PHILLIP RIVERS
    JOE FLACCO
    TIM TEBOW
    RYAN MATHEWS
    DEMARCO MURRAY
    DESEAN JACKSON
    JAKE LONG (GHOLSTONS *****)
    ANTONIO GATES
    JERMICHAEL FINLEY
    NDAMUKUNG SUH
    NNAMDI ASOMOUGHA
    MARIO WILLIAMS
    any patriots draft pick

Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Tony Romo for me. I don't care how many plays he makes, he's a brain fart waiting to happen.
    It's either Romo or Tebow. Giants are so lucky to have that fraud as their main competition in the NFC East every year.