Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 72 of 72

Thread: Rich Cimini accused of fake twitter acct to discredit fellow writers

  1. #61
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,541
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe its one of our own trying to frame Cimini...👍Nice Work

  2. #62
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,541
    Post Thanks / Like
    The article about is still up on Gang Green Nation, it includes the tweets
    http://www.ganggreennation.com/2012/...n-fakesteiny32


    Our Information on @Steiny32
    By John B on Nov 26, 11:15a
    162
    For months, many people have been wondering who is running the Twitter parody account of The Jets Blog writer Jake Steinberg. This article will contain no accusations. It will only contain evidence compiled by GGN of whom might be behind it. You can decide for yourself whether this is sufficient evidence.

    Fake Steiny himself correctly guessed our first piece of evidence. Last Friday, Fake Steiny made an identical Tweet to Rich Cimini at the exact same time. This wasn't a retweet. He used the exact same language, and these were posted within a minute of each other.





    Fake Steiny today Tweeted that he did this on purpose to throw people off, and I took the bait. That might be. There might be no connection here. He might have been continuously checking Cimini's Twitter page for some reason and then posted the instant he saw an article. This evidence alone is highly circumstantial.

    That's not where this ends, though.

    As it turns out, I was not the first to find this. I have learned an extremely reliable source that he noticed this same thing days before I did and posted a quick Tweet of his own saying Cimini was Fake Steiny.

    Within minutes, my source was contacted by Fake Steiny asking him to take his Tweet down. He also said, " The Jets don't know who I am and I they are pretty pissed. So I would prefer to keep my identity quiet." He then discussed negative feelings about "other beat writers." Again, this is in reference to a Tweet that said Cimini is Fake Steiny. I have viewed evidence of this exchange, and it is real.

    Interesting also is Fake Steiny's behavior after I reached out for contact mentioning the similarities between the Tweets.

    He complained that he couldn't believe it was going to end like this.

    Before replying to me, however, he reached out to my source.He complained that my source told on him to me. By telling on him, Fake Steiny meant me finding out about his response to the "Cimini is Fake Steiny" Tweet. That's the one when he said the "Cimini is Fake Steiny" Tweet needed to be deleted because he needed to keep his real identity quiet. Again, I have seen evidence of this exchange, and it is real.

    Then he went on a Tweeting spree with some of the Tweets you saw in the previous article and changed his Twitter handle to @Jets_f9r49gjro, which is also now gone. You can currently find the handle @Steiny55. 55 is Ricky Sapp's number. Fake Steiny makes fun of Jake Steinberg's support of Ricky Sapp.

    Here are two Tweets from today.

    What proof does he have? ganggreennation.com/2012/11/25/368I know what proof he has, because he took the bait.

    55 is my fav # (@steiny55)
    I am sorry & never meant to hurt anyone. Pls dont run the story it will hurt innocent ppl. I beg 4 forgiveness. grant this & i will go away.

    55 is my# (@steiny55)
    There you have it. I was set up. He set me up on wild goose chase. He wanted me to find all of this fake evidence and file a false report. Then once I am set to file said false report, he begs me not to stay on the case.

    But nothing I have said here is false. I make no accusations. I only present what I have collected and been able to verify. You can judge for yourself.

    It is interesting to note the lengths Fake Steiny took today with this confrontation compared to others. Back in September when somebody allegedly went to the Jets and got his true identity wrong he Tweeted:

    To the person the turned me in to the Jets there was only one problem. You turned in the wrong person. You are wrong.

    55 is my fav # (@steiny55) September 26, 2012
    He did not change his account handle when the wrong person was identified. He did not beg for it not to happen. He did not talk about how unfair it was for that person. He simply laughed.

    Why should you care? Why does it matter? After all, its a parody account that this guy does in his spare time. Well, for starters, the Jets through Bruce Speight have apparently warned the beat reporters to cut it out before, and Fake Steiny laughed it off. He then expressed concern to my source that the Jets would be extremely upset that hes continued to do it.

    Furthermore, Fake Steiny has continually mocked his colleagues and an 18-year-old college freshman that just wanted to express support for his friends that play for the Jets. It takes a certain kind of character to do this under the guise of what essentially amounts to an anonymous source.

    It's interesting to note that Fake Steiny has been in touch with agent Howard Shatsky. You might remember Shatsky as Kenrick Ellis' former agent who got into a Twitter fight with Cimini after the 2011 NFL Draft for an inflammatory Cimini Tweet.



    Fake Steiny, whoever it is, seems to not be a fan of Manish Mehta:







    This was a Fake Steiny comment about ESPN's Jane McManus:



    And here are some of the things said about Jets players and mocking the 18 year old Steinberg:





    For his part, Fake Steiny commented, "This account is not being run by Rich Cimini. Rich in no way has anything to do with this twitter account."

    Brian Bassett of The Jets Blog offered the following comment, "I don't possess direct knowledge, but there's evidence it's a member of the press. I'm around the Jets beat very infrequently, but it doesn't take much time to get a sense just how dysfunctional it is as a group -- so much so that someone would waste time making fun of genuinely good people. Even if they try and couch it as 'just in fun,' the person responsible for the account spent a preseason gameday tweeting over 70 times rather than doing their job, that tells me all I care to know."

    Jake Steinberg of The Jets Blog said the following, "I understand why parody accounts exist and honesty found some of the Fake Steiny32 tweets witty and amusing. However, why on countless occasions was it necessary to continue to wish ill and demean good people who are training and praying everyday for another shot at the NFL? Why is it necessary to demoralize hard working athletes on the team that are just trying to support their family while he continuing to pursue their lifelong dream? Most importantly, why is it necessary to hide behind a parody twitter account in order to express your true feelings when you have one of the largest forums at your fingertips. Remember, Fake Steiny you are a journalist. You are being paid to freely express your observations and views. #whyhide??"

    In our Jets community, it is noteworthy that an 18 year old kid has developed the relationships that Jake Steinberg has, and we are all watching him follow his dreams while he reports the latest on our team. Of course, our desire for this guy to succeed is what makes the anonymous nature of the parody Tweeter interesting, and what makes his actual identity newsworthy. Please note that I have no personal relationship with either writer and that my only goal here is to share information with our Jets community.


    Share on Facebook
    Share on Twitter
    Recommends (8)

  3. #63
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,716
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Someone needs to explain how the actions of this individual that most if not all of us can agree is a jerk and a hack can be blamed on the Jets as some have already tried to do

    Espn can be blamed for employing him and probably the NY Daily News for keeping him around for a decade before sending him packing

    But why the organization he is paid to cover??

    As I understand it, if a person has press credentials. he or she cannot be barred by the Jets or anyone without violating the First Amendment of the US Constitution

    Sooth can probably confirm whether or not this is accurate

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Your 1st Amendment analysis is 100% wrong. The 1st Amendment only applies to the government. It has ZERO applicability to corporations or people.

    If they wanted to, the Jets could deny him a press credential.

    BUT, once you give someone a press credential, you cannot really control what they say or do.

  4. #64
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    LMAO

    As I was saying, the media is directly responsible for creating the circus atmosphere and irresponsible journalism covering and trailing the team, creating distraction, with players, with coaches, creating controverseys...

    Sick of the NY media, and also sick of the wannabees, all the wannabees out there with blogs, amateur radio or internet shows. I follow a lot of them on twitter and they are just as arrogant and smug, and think they know it all too. Some of these younger chums act as if they actually lived through a 1-15 season, or during the Kotite years.

  5. #65
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,821
    Post Thanks / Like
    The guy has character issues that go beyond being a smarmy ahole negative creep beat writer.

  6. #66
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,629
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    LMAO

    As I was saying, the media is directly responsible for creating the circus atmosphere and irresponsible journalism covering and trailing the team, creating distraction, with players, with coaches, creating controverseys...

    Sick of the NY media, and also sick of the wannabees, all the wannabees out there with blogs, amateur radio or internet shows. I follow a lot of them on twitter and they are just as arrogant and smug, and think they know it all too. Some of these younger chums act as if they actually lived through a 1-15 season, or during the Kotite years.
    Woody got into bed with the media he wanted a lot of free publicity. Rex goes out there with all sorts of bombastic comments making thier job easy and more free pub, the team has a press conference for a B/U QB.He encourages the players to be open with the media. The team goes on hard knocks and then invites ESPN to camp out with them.

    You lie down with dogs you get fleas.

    I hate the way the media now believes they are part of the show, and not presenters of it.
    Last edited by patman; 11-28-2012 at 08:26 AM.

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    LMAO

    As I was saying, the media is directly responsible for creating the circus atmosphere and irresponsible journalism covering and trailing the team, creating distraction, with players, with coaches, creating controverseys...
    The Jets created the 3-ring circus, not the media.

    Open your eyes.

  8. #68
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,247
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    The Jets created the 3-ring circus, not the media.

    Open your eyes.
    I dont agree with some of their actions, but you would be foolish to think the media has not played a role in all of this nonsense.

    The jets have always been the favorite whipping post franchise since Namath.

    Now with Rex and his bloated confidence, the vultures could not wait to clean up.

  9. #69
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,315
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    I dont agree with some of their actions, but you would be foolish to think the media has not played a role in all of this nonsense.

    The jets have always been the favorite whipping post franchise since Namath.

    Now with Rex and his bloated confidence, the vultures could not wait to clean up.
    So you're telling me if a coach like Belichek were here instead and no Tebow we would be getting this circus treatment? Please, the Jets bring it all on themselves.

  10. #70
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,629
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    I dont agree with some of their actions, but you would be foolish to think the media has not played a role in all of this nonsense.

    The jets have always been the favorite whipping post franchise since Namath.

    Now with Rex and his bloated confidence, the vultures could not wait to clean up.
    The media's role is to sell media. They were just as happy to publish the stuff that the jets wanted them to and they are just as happy to print stuff that the jets would not rather have published.

    The team chose to ignore how the media operates. To ask the media to play 'fair' should not even be a topic for discussion. If it wasn't jets/giants it would be jets/yankees. You shut them up by winning because if the criticize a winning team it becomes too obvious that they are trying to hard to sell.

    This is nothing to the media fire storm that will erupt in Boston if BB chooses to coach into his mid 60s and the team needs to rebuild. He never made any friends and just made enemies. I would love for him to retire on top so that the media would never be able to vent.

  11. #71
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,247
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    So you're telling me if a coach like Belichek were here instead and no Tebow we would be getting this circus treatment? Please, the Jets bring it all on themselves.
    What Im saying is, since I have been a kid circa 1969, the Jets have always been treated with disrespect from the media.

    Thats a fact and it was the arrogance of Namath that brought it on.

    Im not saying the Jets are not part of their own problems, they are.

  12. #72
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,315
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    What Im saying is, since I have been a kid circa 1969, the Jets have always been treated with disrespect from the media.

    Thats a fact and it was the arrogance of Namath that brought it on.

    Im not saying the Jets are not part of their own problems, they are.
    Jets have been losing since 1969 for the most part. They weren't disrespected in 1998, they werent in the playoffs of 2009, they were in 2010 only because of Rex's foot fetish. This is a NY market, you lose and you're going to be "disrespected". The Knicks were kicked around for the last decade. So were the Yankees in the 80's. It's part of the territory.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us