Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Titans Dismiss OC

Titans Dismiss OC

@NateDunlevy: Titans have dismiss OC Chris Palmer named quarterbacks coach Dowell Loggains as the Titans new OC. Munchak informed Palmer today per team

Take note Rex. Better yet take note Woody and dismiss the whole coaching staff

Jets Insider VIP
    If rex stays, sparano stays. You dont can an oc, hire a new oc and then can him after 16 games and bring in another guy. Just doesnt happen. The only way sparano is not here next year is if rex is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    If rex stays, sparano stays. You dont can an oc, hire a new oc and then can him after 16 games and bring in another guy. Just doesnt happen. The only way sparano is not here next year is if rex is gone.
    Your are probably right, it is possible the whole lot of this motley crew is back next year. Suckchez, Rex the buffoon, Tannybum, Morono, ugh

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Yep. Rex inherited Schottenheimer, but he hand-picked Sparano.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Sign the beast.

One thing worse than admitting that you made a mistake, is to compound the problem by sticking with that mistake.

Jets Insider VIP
    Whats the mistake? If rex stays, its because he wasnt given any talent to coach. If thats true, then sparano wasnt given any talent either.

You cant keep rex on the basis thats hes a good coach he just doesnt have talent, and then fire sparano and say hes a bad coach. He doesnt have any talent either.

All Pro
    Whats the mistake? If rex stays, its because he wasnt given any talent to coach. If thats true, then sparano wasnt given any talent either.

You cant keep rex on the basis thats hes a good coach he just doesnt have talent, and then fire sparano and say hes a bad coach. He doesnt have any talent either.
    You do realise that by analizing the game film, you can deduce these facts logically. One, or both, or neither could be true. Infact you could hire multiple sources to analyze what was done. I'm sure they have extensive tape of practice, and meetings as well. Now that I think of it. This is exactly what I would have potential GMs do, and base the hire largely on their reports, and recommendations. This would give you the added benefit of many free critiques of the team, which the new GM could access to see all their perspectives.

Im sorry, but that is a loser's mentality and that thinking is why this organization sucks.

You know what Rex can do, ANYTHING HE WANTS. He was hired to be the head coach of an NFL team. If he made a mistake and hired an offensive line coach who is too overmatched as an NFL OC, then he needs to move on from that decision as fast as possible.

Your statement that "it doesnt happen" though is true, because the situation this team is in is so rare, that there is no way to tell what will or should happen.

Rex has stayed with teh following people for too long during his tenure with this team:

Matt Cavanaugh
    Schotty
    Bart
    Eric Smith
    Shonne Greene

Each of those people proved to be ineffective at their respective job, with little or no repurcusions. That cant happen, and if for some reason Rex is allowed to stay, then he needs to make a change at OC, no matter how "unprecedented" it may be

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    You see. This is one of the things I don't believe Rex needs to trouble himself with. We need a GM that has the big picture. Let Rex maintain his easy, creative, motivational manner, and leave the personnel decisions up to a calculating, disciplined GM. Let someone else take the heat, and the stress off him.

Woody will most likely give these clowns another year to further degrade the franchise. But they will all be fired after next season because they are just WAY over their heads.

The Jets season was pronounced over when they lost Revis and then Holmes so why should any of this surprise us? But the problems go a lot deeper than just those 2 unfortunately. The Jets were relying on a rookie - Stephen Hill to be a starting receiver and be a force and we have seen the results. Somebody has to pay for that decision. Somebody thought ground and pound was the way to go in a league now geared heavily towards passing and the Jets were trying to ground and pound without a speed back. All the best teams now have prolific passing games yet the Jets want to g&p. Hmmm. Who is to blame for that strategy? It's not just the players but it's also the whole philosophy and if the Jets want to G&P because they don't have a QB that can win a game by passing then that's a whole other can of worms. This team choose the wrong strategy and they don't have the personnel for either strategy. Tannenbaum has got to take major blame here along with Rex. They simply don't have a good plan and have no direction with whatever plan they do have and they don't have the right players for whatever plan they might have. What a mess!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    The Jets season was pronounced over when they lost Revis and then Holmes so why should any of this surprise us? But the problems go a lot deeper than just those 2 unfortunately. The Jets were relying on a rookie - Stephen Hill to be a starting receiver and be a force and we have seen the results. Somebody has to pay for that decision. Somebody thought ground and pound was the way to go in a league now geared heavily towards passing and the Jets were trying to ground and pound without a speed back. All the best teams now have prolific passing games yet the Jets want to g&p. Hmmm. Who is to blame for that strategy? It's not just the players but it's also the whole philosophy and if the Jets want to G&P because they don't have a QB that can win a game by passing then that's a whole other can of worms. This team choose the wrong strategy and they don't have the personnel for either strategy. Tannenbaum has got to take major blame here along with Rex. They simply don't have a good plan and have no direction with whatever plan they do have and they don't have the right players for whatever plan they might have. What a mess!
    It wasnt the Ground and pound philosophy that has us in a funk. It is keeping that philosophy while losing Faneca, Woody, and Thomas Jones and not replacing them with comparable parts. I'm OK with losing the players, but you cant keep putting a squate peg into a round hole. Greene will never be close to the RB that Jones was. Slauson, while being great value, will never run block like Faneca. And I dont even have to talk about the RT position.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @NateDunlevy: Titans have dismiss OC Chris Palmer named quarterbacks coach Dowell Loggains as the Titans new OC. Munchak informed Palmer today per team
    a well run organization, you get rid of garbage before garbage makes you stink....

...get it Woody

Then I, and lots of other fans, will go.

You think I'm gonna watch another year of Sparano's inept stupidity? F**k no.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    (part of this post was from a previous post, but thought it fit here)

Biggest problem I have with the Jets FO/CS - their rolodexes....every FO/CS has their own. Its filled with the contact info of players, coaches, executives and everyone else they've come across in the league over the years. Need a punter? Check the rolodex - you may have a quality punter from TC. Or, your buddy out in San Diego may have had a guy you might be interested in.

The Jets CS/FO, it seems, has a very limited rolodex. It started with Tanny/Mangini regime. The folks there had a very linear history - they were all from the Parcells tree. So, when Mangini lost Heimerdinger as OC, he didn't really have anywhere to turn to (the only coaches he worked with deemed him a traitor) and ultimately was left with an unproven guy like Shotty. Likewise, he tapped Daboll from the Pats as well. In fact, the hiring of Mangini in and of itself stemmed from what Tanny was familiar with - someone from a prior Jets (Parcells) regime.

When Rex came in, much of the same - most of his staff was from the Ravens, although there is nothing wrong with tapping into the Ravens defense. And now we our Offense run by Sparano. Kind of a strange move - the Jets could have tried to get a true Offensive mind - instead they took more of an "in the trenches" type guy. Part of me wonders if Rex doesn't really have any connection to those OC types.

Rex clearly has no connections to any offensive talent around the league, and what's going on when the Jets need to hit the waiver wire? We are looking at the Dolphins has beens. There has rarely been a position filled that hasn't had a Dolphin as a candidate. Plus, we've picked up Hilliard, Gates, and that Dlineman who got injured. Wasn't surprising when Slaton was brought in for an audition.

Its understandable that Coaches gravitate towards players they know, but it would be nice if we had a CS and FO that had some diverse roots around the league. A staff that was tapped into all sorts of talent, players and coaches alike - not just from their previous coaching stint.

In Sparano's case, I'm not sure that Rex has any idea as to who he'd want to take over the Offense in the event Sparano leaves. Its not like they are grooming the successor on the staff now. Anthony Lynn is the only guy who is even remotely appealing, but I doubt he is OC material at this point.
    Last edited by crasherino; 11-27-2012 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    (part of this post was from a previous post, but thought it fit here)

Biggest problem I have with the Jets FO/CS - their rolodexes....every FO/CS has their own. Its filled with the contact info of players, coaches, executives and everyone else they've come across in the league over the years. Need a punter? Check the rolodex - you may have a quality punter from TC. Or, your buddy out in San Diego may have had a guy you might be interested in.

The Jets CS/FO, it seems, has a very limited rolodex. It started with Tanny/Mangini regime. The folks there had a very linear history - they were all from the Parcells tree. So, when Mangini lost Heimerdinger as OC, he didn't really have anywhere to turn to (the only coaches he worked with deemed him a traitor) and ultimately was left with an unproven guy like Shotty. Likewise, he tapped Daboll from the Pats as well. In fact, the hiring of Mangini in and of itself stemmed from what Tanny was familiar with - someone from a prior Jets (Parcells) regime.

When Rex came in, much of the same - most of his staff was from the Ravens, although there is nothing wrong with tapping into the Ravens defense. And now we our Offense run by Sparano. Kind of a strange move - the Jets could have tried to get a true Offensive mind - instead they took more of an "in the trenches" type guy. Part of me wonders if Rex doesn't really have any connection to those OC types.

Rex clearly has no connections to any offensive talent around the league, and what's going on when the Jets need to hit the waiver wire? We are looking at the Dolphins has beens. There has rarely been a position filled that hasn't had a Dolphin as a candidate. Plus, we've picked up Hilliard, Gates, and that Dlineman who got injured. And now Slaton is the viable candidate.

Its understandable that Coaches gravitate towards players they know, but it would be nice if we had a CS and FO that had some diverse roots around the league. A staff that was tapped into all sorts of talent, players and coaches alike - not just from their previous coaching stint.

In Sparano's case, I'm not sure that Rex has any idea as to who he'd want to take over the Offense in the event Sparano leaves. Its not like they are grooming the successor on the staff now. Anthony Lynn is the only guy who is even remotely appealing, but I doubt he is OC material at this point.
    Great post, and you can take it a step further....

I really thought we were going to wind up with hue jackson last year. He was a baltimore guy who learned under harbough, had OC experience etc.

But even more importantly, you know who has absolutely no NFL rolodex....Woody Johnson. If he were to can rex and tanny, where in the world would he begin a search for an entire coaching staff and scouting department? It is extremely hard to find someone who knows the league well enough to put together a front office and staff, especially if they have no "organizational identity". Gonna be a daunting task for an owner that has never run a real business in his life

Jets Insider VIP
    Then I, and lots of other fans, will go.

You think I'm gonna watch another year of Sparano's inept stupidity? F**k no.
    But your going to stink around if sanchez is the starting qb?

But your going to stink around if sanchez is the starting qb?
    I won't like it, but maybe a qualified OC can teach him to at least eliminate the mistakes. Kinda like what Harbaugh did with Alex Smith.

In my heart, do I believe this is possible? No. I think Sanchez is a disaster who will never get past being a mediocre, turnover-prone, QB.

Jets Insider VIP
    It is going to be all or nothing my friends. Either tanny gets fired and a new gm comes on and brings in his own guys, or they are all staying.

I cant see any scenario where only 1 or 2 of these parts get let go and the rest is kept in tact.