Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Total sacks: Jets 17.0, Aldon Smith 16.5

All Pro

Total sacks: Jets 17.0, Aldon Smith 16.5

Yes, one player (albeit a great one) has basically the same numbers of sacks as the entire Jets team combined. Think about it... and you can say that this happens again! The front office is ignoring our pass rush problem for years now and we can only thank our secondary and coverage ability that we got a pretty good pass defense.

Another shocking stat is that backup rushers like for example Jason Worilds have more sacks than our two starting OLB combined...

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    Yes, one player (albeit a great one) has basically the same numbers of sacks as the entire Jets team combined. Think about it... and you can say that this happens again! The front office is ignoring our pass rush problem for years now and we can only thank our secondary and coverage ability that we got a pretty good pass defense.

Another shocking stat is that backup rushers like for example Jason Worilds have more sacks than our two starting OLB combined...
    That is a sobering statistic. Can you fax it to the front office?

That's what happens when Rex and Tanny are doing your talent evaluating.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    That is a sobering statistic. Can you fax it to the front office?
    Even an as incompetent FO as ours should be able to read through an NFL statistic... well, but you are right, the Jets propably believe that they are an elite pass rushing team because Rex said so...

You're right, Rex is all "Sanchez is our only chance to win because I said so" right now. Since I'm a newbie I don't know who the he11 has done such a crappy scouting job for the Jets. How effing hard could it be, though? It's their job 40 hours a week like the rest of us work. If my work was that crappy though I'd have already been fired. What happens to these clowns?

It must suck to be Woody. If I owned the Jets I don't know what I'd do differently. I'm no pro, so I'd interview some coaches and try to pick the one with the best record and philosophy. Then give the guy a decent amount of time to put a team together, and .... suddenly it's the 4th year and everything sucks. Sure, we might think right now that Rex sucks, but I bet nobody thought he sucked when he was first hired. Woody didn't think he sucked then, but I wonder what he thinks now.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    You're right, Rex is all "Sanchez is our only chance to win because I said so" right now. Since I'm a newbie I don't know who the he11 has done such a crappy scouting job for the Jets. How effing hard could it be, though? It's their job 40 hours a week like the rest of us work. If my work was that crappy though I'd have already been fired. What happens to these clowns?

It must suck to be Woody. If I owned the Jets I don't know what I'd do differently. I'm no pro, so I'd interview some coaches and try to pick the one with the best record and philosophy. Then give the guy a decent amount of time to put a team together, and .... suddenly it's the 4th year and everything sucks. Sure, we might think right now that Rex sucks, but I bet nobody thought he sucked when he was first hired. Woody didn't think he sucked then, but I wonder what he thinks now.
    Winning doesn't fix things as much as it puts a veil over people's eyes. Rex has been coasting off of the first two years for the last two years. The players see past Rex's false bravado, and so does everyone else. When it comes right down to it, Rex is all talk and simply can't get the job done.

On the other hand, you actually NEED talent to be able to really do anything to begin with. When your BEST player is a CB, you have a problem. When that CB goes down and next best player is the OTHER CB, you have a disaster. See, my biggest issue with Rex and Tanny is that they absolutely SUCK when it comes to evaluating players. You can tell he's absolutely oblivious when he has Shonn ****ing Greene starting above Powell. Not to mention the fact that one of our only guys on Offense with burst and play-making ability (Joe) barely gets any carries.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Winning doesn't fix things as much as it puts a veil over people's eyes. Rex has been coasting off of the first two years for the last two years. The players see past Rex's false bravado, and so does everyone else. When it comes right down to it, Rex is all talk and simply can't get the job done.

On the other hand, you actually NEED talent to be able to really do anything to begin with. When your BEST player is a CB, you have a problem. When that CB goes down and next best player is the OTHER CB, you have a disaster. See, my biggest issue with Rex and Tanny is that they absolutely SUCK when it comes to evaluating players. You can tell he's absolutely oblivious when he has Shonn ****ing Greene starting above Powell. Not to mention the fact that one of our only guys on Offense with burst and play-making ability (Joe) barely gets any carries.
    I've suspected for the past few weeks that Rex is just a bunch of hot air but I hoped I was wrong. You're probably right about the players knowing that already. Don't NYJ scouts bring the info to Rex and Tanny and advise them which are the best picks? I mean, when you have scouts to do that for you, you should be giving their input a lot more weight.

Bilal Powell did pretty good; why hasn't he been starting? Do we have to go over there and do Rex's job for him LOL?

Oops, I think I'm finally getting sleepy fellow night owls and my posts aren't as creative as I'd like. Aw, ya'll know what I mean even if I say it wrong.

And I thought Robert Quinn was going to be the better Pro.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    While not in Smith's league, he is a very good player himself. If only the Jets could find a guy like him who's going for 10+ sacks this year...

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post

We have 17 sacks??? That is surprising.

Saw a piece on Gastineau last night on NFL network....what a BEAST he was.

Hall Of Fame
    Relax you SOJFs

Our pass rushers are "developing".

Wait and see.

All League
    The front office has NOT ignored our pass rush problem...

Rather, we drafted:

Vernon Gholston
    Mo Wilkerson
    Quinton Coples

We are just waiting on the last two picks to pan out.

Could we have done better? Absolutely, a whole lot better. But we have to start "hitting" on some of these picks here.

Good thing for the Ravens that they have Ozzie Newsome because Rex probably didn't want Terrell Suggs, either.

Take out a couple of garbage sacks late in the game against Indianapolis and we'd have fewer.

Unbelievable.

But let's draft another 34E/43DT next year. We could use a seventh one of those.

Does "sacking" yourself count? If it does, Sanchez could be the team leader by Sunday afternoon.

But but but, they had a great practice!

Rex should again look at the offense in regards to this stat.

Maybe if your offense actually put up some points and gained a lead, they can turn the opponent one dimensional and tee off for some sacks. Just saying...

And also need a legit pass rusher.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    The front office has NOT ignored our pass rush problem...

Rather, we drafted:

Vernon Gholston
    Mo Wilkerson
    Quinton Coples

We are just waiting on the last two picks to pan out.

Could we have done better? Absolutely, a whole lot better. But we have to start "hitting" on some of these picks here.
    The last two are being put in positions to not maximize their pass rushing skills. How many 3-4 DE's have huge sack totals? Also Coples misses out on many pass plays because his ass is on the bench on 1st and 2nd down. The Jets should have either stuck coples as an olb from game one to let him rush the passer or play way more 4-3.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    If Quinn played on the San Fran defense around the players that Smith does, he would have much better numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    We have 17 sacks??? That is surprising.

Saw a piece on Gastineau last night on NFL network....what a BEAST he was.
    lol that was my 1st thought reading this.