Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 52 of 52

Thread: Total sacks: Jets 17.0, Aldon Smith 16.5

  1. #41
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    0 OLB's drafted since Vernon Gholston...........

    Pass Rushers don't grow on trees, you have to draft them....

  2. #42
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,482
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wilkerson and Coples could be a nice 4-3DE combo. If Ellis pans out I'd actually feel better putting Mo at LDE to stuff the run and provide the occasional edge rush, while keeping Coples at DT to play 3-tech. Pick Werner from Florida State to be our RDE and the DL in 2013 is looking pretty damn good. Davis could play MLB with Harris playing the SAM position. Would need to get a WILL backer and you have a revamped front 7.

    If you stick with a 3-4, Mingo might be the better option for DE/OLB. Additionally Wilkerson would not need to switch positions. I think Coples can rush the passer out of the 3-4 DE spot ala Justin Smith, assuming he pans out. Point being it's not impossible, even Sean Ellis provided rush from the spot.

  3. #43
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,916
    Post Thanks / Like
    but you guys told me jamal westerman and ricky sapp would solve this problem for us. Damn you!

  4. #44
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,850
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    YOU expect a lot more from a rookie 1st rounder.

    You're damn right I do. And so should everyone else. The only exception should be at QB.

  5. #45
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mianus CT
    Posts
    7,674
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Relax you SOJFs

    Our pass rushers are "developing".

    Wait and see.







    Yep and so is suckchez wait and see



    Lol

  6. #46
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,686
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    0 OLB's drafted since Vernon Gholston...........

    Pass Rushers don't grow on trees, you have to draft them....
    Why draft pass rushers or sign Mario Williams or pick up Babin when he's available when you can sign mediocre OLB's like Calvin Pace and Bryan Thomas?

  7. #47
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,686
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Wilkerson and Coples could be a nice 4-3DE combo. If Ellis pans out I'd actually feel better putting Mo at LDE to stuff the run and provide the occasional edge rush, while keeping Coples at DT to play 3-tech. Pick Werner from Florida State to be our RDE and the DL in 2013 is looking pretty damn good. Davis could play MLB with Harris playing the SAM position. Would need to get a WILL backer and you have a revamped front 7.

    If you stick with a 3-4, Mingo might be the better option for DE/OLB. Additionally Wilkerson would not need to switch positions. I think Coples can rush the passer out of the 3-4 DE spot ala Justin Smith, assuming he pans out. Point being it's not impossible, even Sean Ellis provided rush from the spot.
    Coples is a 4-3 DE. Jets are really holding him back as a 3-4 DE gap plugger. Wilk would play DT in a 4-3. So would Pouha and Ellis.

  8. #48
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St. Peter-Ording (Germany)
    Posts
    5,530
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Wilkerson and Coples could be a nice 4-3DE combo. If Ellis pans out I'd actually feel better putting Mo at LDE to stuff the run and provide the occasional edge rush, while keeping Coples at DT to play 3-tech. Pick Werner from Florida State to be our RDE and the DL in 2013 is looking pretty damn good. Davis could play MLB with Harris playing the SAM position. Would need to get a WILL backer and you have a revamped front 7.

    If you stick with a 3-4, Mingo might be the better option for DE/OLB. Additionally Wilkerson would not need to switch positions. I think Coples can rush the passer out of the 3-4 DE spot ala Justin Smith, assuming he pans out. Point being it's not impossible, even Sean Ellis provided rush from the spot.
    My dream front seven for next year would be:

    DE Muhammad Wilkerson
    NT Kenrick Ellis
    DE Quinton Coples
    OLB Anthony Spencer
    ILB David Harris
    ILB Demario Davis
    OLB Damontre Moore

    Spencer is just a solid player but he knows the system and provides experience. If Ellis starts it would mean he would have taken a step forward. Moore is the best pass rusher in the draft and a force off the edge.

  9. #49
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,880
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    My dream front seven for next year would be:

    DE Muhammad Wilkerson
    NT Kenrick Ellis
    DE Quinton Coples
    OLB Anthony Spencer
    ILB David Harris
    ILB Demario Davis
    OLB Damontre Moore

    Spencer is just a solid player but he knows the system and provides experience. If Ellis starts it would mean he would have taken a step forward. Moore is the best pass rusher in the draft and a force off the edge.
    Yeah I'd sign up for that. Anyone of jones/mingo/Moore would be a good pick

  10. #50
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    You're damn right I do. And so should everyone else. The only exception should be at QB.
    Not realistic ones.

  11. #51
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,938
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    0 OLB's drafted since Vernon Gholston...........

    Pass Rushers don't grow on trees, you have to draft them....
    This team is afraid to draft period. We went like 10 years without drafting a high round WR. Yeah we draft Golston but how long has it been sense we actually used an early rounder on an actual OLB? We keep trying to convert DE into LB, CB into S, QBs into WRs/RB, or just small school projects with high picks. This has got to stop. Draft guys that can play and stop trying to grab the conversion "bargain" athlete in early rounds. AND STOP DRAFTING HIGH ROUND TES!

  12. #52
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,538
    Post Thanks / Like
    right. in rex's system the dline doesn't make the sacks the lb's and safeties do. right now the jets need some better lb's. the dline should be set once coples and ellis learn their roles.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The last two are being put in positions to not maximize their pass rushing skills. How many 3-4 DE's have huge sack totals? Also Coples misses out on many pass plays because his ass is on the bench on 1st and 2nd down. The Jets should have either stuck coples as an olb from game one to let him rush the passer or play way more 4-3.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us