Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets' Brandon Moore not a fan of NBC's Cris Collinsworth

Hall Of Fame

Post Jets' Brandon Moore not a fan of NBC's Cris Collinsworth

Jets' Brandon Moore not a fan of NBC's Cris Collinsworth

Mike Garafolo, USA TODAY Sports

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...nchez/1727603/

3:47PM EST November 26. 2012 - FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — New York Jets guard Brandon Moore's butt has been the butt of jokes for the past few days, ever since it caused a fumble returned for a touchdown by the New England Patriots during Thursday night's blowout loss.

Well, now it's fighting back.

Actually, it was Moore's mouth that did the firing back Monday, particularly with a shot at NBC analyst Cris Collinsworth, who criticized Moore for what he perceived as the guard being manhandled by Patriots lineman Vince Wilfork on the play.

"The Collinsworth guy, I've never been a big fan of his," Moore said. "To portray it that way and to see it on TV, somebody slides into the back of you, that play happens a lot. ... I didn't know what was going on until after the game. During the game, I didn't know, and good thing I didn't know."

Replays showed Sanchez slid into Moore's legs at the Jets' 32-yard line. Considering the line of scrimmage was the 31, Moore actually got a push on Wilfork.

But Collinsworth gushed about Wilfork's handling of Moore there, even while watching a replay that countered what he was saying.

"Oh my gosh, Vince Wilfork just threw Brandon Moore into Mark Sanchez. I have never seen this before in my life," Collinsworth said after the play. "Watch this, Vince Wilfork is going to throw Brandon Moore back into his quarterback, he's going to fumble the football. This is what Reggie White used to do, forklift them and just lift them off the ground. Mark Sanchez not expecting it, and it was the back side of Brandon Moore that knocked the ball out."

Wilfork never lifted Moore off the ground. In fact, Moore only lost his feet because Sanchez took his legs out from behind him. Sanchez was scrambling because fullback Lex Hilliard was nowhere to be found to take the handoff on the designed run.

"Wow, I have seen Vince Wilfork do some things that have impressed me from a strength standpoint," Collinsworth said during the broadcast, "but that one just jumped into the top five."

The collision between Sanchez and Moore's derriere was all over websites, highlight reels and the back pages of the New York tabloids, with the New York Post putting the headline "Butt Ugly" over the image.

The Jets certainly don't have a lot of nits to pick after getting hammered by their divisional rivals in front of a national audience, but Moore does have a case here.

"Just as a commentator, I don't particularly care for him," Moore said of Collinsworth. "That's just as a fan watching the games in general."

Asked why, Moore said, "I don't need to get into (specifics). He's ... whatever."

I do not think Sanchez will ever overcome this play. It will haunt him the rest of his career. Especially if he stays with the Jets.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Jets' Brandon Moore not a fan of NBC's Cris Collinsworth

Mike Garafolo, USA TODAY Sports

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...nchez/1727603/

I do not think Sanchez will ever overcome this play. It will haunt him the rest of his career. Especially if he stays with the Jets.
    99 out of 100 QB's who run into an OLineman's ass will still hold on to the football.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    99 out of 100 QB's who run into an OLineman's ass will still hold on to the football.
    Well...we'll have to see it happen 99 more times to know for sure, right?

I think I remember that from one of the original Quarterback Challenge.

That is what I will never be able to forgive. That kind of thing can happen on the football field, but to fumble (and have that fumble returned for a TD) is just not acceptable for a guy who's had many more bad moments than good.

All Pro
    First thing they teach in pee wee football and in jail. When plowing into a large mans a$$, hold onto your ball(s)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    That is what I will never be able to forgive. That kind of thing can happen on the football field, but to fumble (and have that fumble returned for a TD) is just not acceptable for a guy who's had many more bad moments than good.
    If Sanchez did not fumble the football, that play would never be on any highlight reel.

Eh? He's had a boat load of plays just as horrible, awkward and terrible to the team and he's over come them just fine because he knows he is the starter and it doesn't matter how bad he plays the Jets will give him the call.

If you want to get specific, the push occurred when Moore and Mangold engaged Vince. If you look at the start of the play, Mangold and Moore double Vince and then Mangold releases for the second level linebacker. It's more of a chip block from Mangold but that's what got the push.... (not critical of it, good blocking by Mangold and Moore)

All League
    now this is just absured. You mean to tell me that the next 99 QB's that happen to run into an Olineman's ass will not fumble?

i really dont know if we all will be alive to see 99 more do this

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    i really dont know if we all will be alive to see 99 more do this
    I think that was 32's point.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Eh? He's had a boat load of plays just as horrible, awkward and terrible to the team and he's over come them just fine because he knows he is the starter and it doesn't matter how bad he plays the Jets will give him the call.
    He has a number of bad plays but this one is the worst. It is a folly. It will be on blooper reels for years. It is embarrassing. Throwing a bad INT is not embarrassing on the same level as this.

This play is also symbolic of the past 40+ years of the NYJ.

He has a number of bad plays but this one is the worst. It is a folly. It will be on blooper reels for years. It is embarrassing. Throwing a bad INT is not embarrassing on the same level as this.

This play is also symbolic of the past 40+ years of the NYJ.
    +1

This wasn't an ultimately insignificant play in the middle of the Jets 9-1 stretch back in 2010. This didn't happen in '98 when the Jets looked like the best team in the AFC.

In true New York Jets fashion, this play happened on national television on the best holiday of the year in the middle of one of the 5 worst seasons this franchise has endured (all things considered).

And Mark Sanchez was the architect.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    +1

This wasn't an ultimately insignificant play in the middle of the Jets 9-1 stretch back in 2010. This didn't happen in '98 when the Jets looked like the best team in the AFC.

In true New York Jets fashion, this play happened on national television on the best holiday of the year in the middle of one of the 5 worst seasons this franchise has endured (all things considered).

And Mark Sanchez was the architect.
    How did he forget the play, turn the wrong way, after calling it 5 seconds earlier?

How did he forget the play, turn the wrong way, after calling it 5 seconds earlier?
    While that's a good question, that doesn't bother me nearly as much as the fumble. Brett Favre was probably guilty of forgetting plays 2-4 times a game in his GB days. The difference is, Favre would scramble for a couple of yards and reload for the next play. Or hit one of his ridiculous underhand passes to a receiver who then picks up 8-10...on a busted play.

With Sanchez, you instead get the fumble and the return for an INT. But you rarely, if ever, get the Favre heroics.

If Mark Sanchez was the guy who beat the Pats in the playoffs 60% of the time, he is forgiven for Buttgate. It's because he's more commonly known as the master of the ill-timed turnover that I have no patience for his weak play.

Hall Of Fame
    This play was 100% Sanchez' fault. The fact that Moore got any flack (on National TV no less) is a disgrace. Not the first time Collinsworth has made a fool of himself.

IMO there is no coming back from this level of ineptitude for Sanchez. He would have to win a SB to wash this one away. He is DONE. We need to rid ourselves of this kind of futility.

Holmes got killed for fumbling the ball the way he did even though he sustained a SERIOUS INJURY. What was Sanchez' excuse? This play shows a level of carelessness and laziness that is unforgivable. Sanchez exhibited a level of Hunter-like non-competitiveness on that play.

I'm waiting for Hillard to step up and admit, as a new guy, he ran the wrong play. It doesn't obviate anything that happened, but I can easily see Sanchez taking responsibility and not throwing a teammate under the bus. For all his faults, loyalty is not one of them.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    I'm waiting for Hillard to step up and admit, as a new guy, he ran the wrong play. It doesn't obviate anything that happened, but I can easily see Sanchez taking responsibility and not throwing a teammate under the bus. For all his faults, loyalty is not one of them.
    Sanchez already admitted it was his mistake. He went as far as to say that it was his first mental mistake of the season.

How bout that for delusional.

BTW, Sanchez has already thrown Hill under the bus this season. See the first NE postgame presser.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 11-27-2012 at 11:58 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Totally agree with that.

Don't you think Wrecks should have clarified what happened?

Sanchez has been under so much heat, if that play was not his fault, Wrecks should have said so.

So, um, Ray Ray, I guess this means that Brandon Moore is a liar? Since you know, you swore all over the weekend that Collinsworth's assessment of the play was correct.