Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: D'Brickashaw

All League

D'Brickashaw

Interesting little tidbit on him from PFF

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ng-efficiency/

The sack Clady allowed this week meant that D’Brickashaw Ferguson is now the only tackle in the league not to have surrendered one. But it’s all the offensive line’s fault for the struggles of Sanchez right? Ferguson is a player who never gets his due as a consistently top notch tackle.
    They also rank him 3rd among tackles in the NFL in pass blocking.

On the flip side Austin Howard is ranked among the worst.

Gotta give it up to Brick, he struggled some last year (mostly do to Sanchez incompetence), but has really played wonderful this year, even as the rest of the team is crumbling. I really believe if he got to protect a guy like Brady or P Manning, he might never allow a sack.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Brick has been awesome this year

Back to playing at the same level he was 2-3 years ago.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Brick has been awesome this year

Back to playing at the same level he was 2-3 years ago.
    Agree, but his drop-off in play was nowhere near the level of abuse he took on this board the last couple of years.

Solid LT's don't grow on trees.

Hall Of Fame
    Brick has bounced back from last year.

He has been very good. The left side of our OL has not been the issue this year.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Agree, but his drop-off in play was nowhere near the level of abuse he took on this board the last couple of years.

Solid LT's don't grow on trees.
    I agree

Even when his play dropped off slightly, he was still playing at a higher level than 90% of the tackles in the league.

But when he's on top of his game, he's arguably the best pass blocking LT in the game.

All Pro
    Even without any statistics, everyone should be able to see that Brick is a real rock out there. Whoever lines up against him gets completely neutralized rushing the passer. We can really be thankful that we got one of the most important positions in football locked up with a premier, pro bowl caliber player (who is also just 28 years old).

Too bad our QB finds other ways to mess the whole thing up himself...

Hall Of Fame
    His drop off wasn't slight. He allowed more sacks than Hunter. Last year was a nightmare for Brick. There is no reason to sugar coat it, just call it what it was. But to his credit, he has bounced back and if having one of his best years.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Brick and Mangold are about as good a 1-2 combination at their repsective spots as you can get.

And the others are not nearly as bad as they are painted.

When your QB has no vision, no pocket presense and no mobillity of any kind under pressure, and can't see open recievers, your O-line is going to looks worse than it is.

He has had a few ups and downs but for the most part he is a very solid LT and that is a position that becomes a huge priority if you don't have one. That was a sensational 1st round draft for the Jets. D'Brick and Mangold.

DBrick has never concerned me. Slauson and Howard on the other hand do. If neither come back I don't see real big losses. Moore is the only one we need back next year that hits FA. Any JAG can do what Slauson and Howard are doing IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    His drop off wasn't slight. He allowed more sacks than Hunter. Last year was a nightmare for Brick. There is no reason to sugar coat it, just call it what it was. But to his credit, he has bounced back and if having one of his best years.
    Nightmare? That's a little much. He was playing injured, FYI. And as far as Hunter goes, D'Brick wasn't nearly as bad as that guy. Hunter was consistently beaten -- he was constantly giving up hurries, hits, and sacks. D'Brick gave up more sacks than usual, but was not consistently abused like Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    DBrick has never concerned me. Slauson and Howard on the other hand do. If neither come back I don't see real big losses. Moore is the only one we need back next year that hits FA. Any JAG can do what Slauson and Howard are doing IMO.
    I don't think they are going to pay Slauson or Moore. I would imagine that Howard will improve, however. RT has been hard to watch since Woody retired. Woody may have been the best RT in football. He was also a really smart and high character player/leader. Tough to replace.

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Nightmare? That's a little much. He was playing injured, FYI. And as far as Hunter goes, D'Brick wasn't nearly as bad as that guy. Hunter was consistently beaten -- he was constantly giving up hurries, hits, and sacks. D'Brick gave up more sacks than usual, but was not consistently abused like Hunter.
    Exactly... He was not a nightmare by any means. Hunter was a nightmare. Consistently.

Brick had an off year (although not terrible) and is now playing back at extremely high levels. Going through an entire season, especially with Sanchez at QB while not giving up a sack is pretty amazing.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Flaming Mo;4704953]Even without any statistics, everyone should be able to see that Brick is a real rock out there. Whoever lines up against him gets completely neutralized rushing the passer. We can really be thankful that we got one of the most important positions in football locked up with a premier, pro bowl caliber player (who is also just 28 years old).

Too bad our QB finds other ways to mess the whole thing up himself...[/QUOTE]

This is just so dumb. Do you really believe that if we had another QB everything would be a bed of roses? There is plenty of blame to go around here. Sanchez is only a part of it.

Banned
    The O-Line is not the problem. Our skill position players are.

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    I don't think they are going to pay Slauson or Moore. I would imagine that Howard will improve, however. RT has been hard to watch since Woody retired. Woody may have been the best RT in football. He was also a really smart and high character player/leader. Tough to replace.
    I can see Moore coming back. He will be cheap to resign given his age. In FA he is really not worth that much. A younger guy at his level would get just over 3 mil. So his worth is 2-3 mil a year tops. He has been in NJ for 10 years now and the JETS where always good to him. Unless he just wants out I can't see him getting more then 3 years 9 mil from anyone. That is pretty easy for us to fit into our budget.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    This.

I'd like to see how he grades out in run blocking. I bet that's a different story all together.

Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    This.

I'd like to see how he grades out in run blocking. I bet that's a different story all together.
    He's not garbage at it and pass blocking is FAR MORE important than run blocking. Especially in today's league.

It's amazing how the SOJF mentality wants to disparage Brick simply because he's a high draft and and all Jets high draft picks must suck.

Veteran
    First off, Brick was total garbage last year. It may have been because of an injury (I had no idea), but no one can deny that there was a serious drop off in his play.

Second, pass blocking is where he excels compared to the rest of the league. His run blocking is middle of the road. Thank is a big problem when you consider this is suppose to by a “ground-n-pound” team.

Lastly, my biggest issue with Brick is the same as Mangold. They are suppose to be leaders of the team and are paid/treated accordingly. I don’t think anyone would disagree with that sentiment. Where were these guys when the locker room was falling apart last year? I do not believe for one minute either of these guys stepped up to lead. If Brick, Harris, Mangold and Revis (the core-4 who got their money) stepped up as a united front, we would be in a much better position.

[QUOTE=petejet;4705038]
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    Even without any statistics, everyone should be able to see that Brick is a real rock out there. Whoever lines up against him gets completely neutralized rushing the passer. We can really be thankful that we got one of the most important positions in football locked up with a premier, pro bowl caliber player (who is also just 28 years old).

Too bad our QB finds other ways to mess the whole thing up himself...[/QUOTE]

This is just so dumb. Do you really believe that if we had another QB everything would be a bed of roses? There is plenty of blame to go around here. Sanchez is only a part of it.
    A HUGE part of it. You can make a hi-lite reel of just his awful plays, squandered chances and horrendous turnovers.