Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fireman Ed's Replacement!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigGreen View Post

Don't resist. You know he is natural fit.
    This is unbelievable.

Ted was at the game last week and Mr. McGibblets the game before and I wasn't near either of them.

For shame.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You all do know that if the Jets choose to go to another fan instead of the video board that it's all but certain that it will be "Captain Jet".

BTW, L5 gang, nice set up. I see you guys all the time (Part of the L7 Tailgate) - Cool bus.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Take note that Capt.JET has the same seats that ED used to have with his brother before Ed moved to row 1 in the endzone to get more face time ,as for JETMAN you can find him at that L5 tailgate in his outfit selling 50-50 tickets before every home game. the rest of the League is already laughing at us for our pathetic play on the field is so bad it has caused our most recognised fan to lay down his helmet , so the last thing we need is another clown in a holloween costume representing us.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think they should just play Trololo Song on the big screen and we all just sing along. It would be perfect. Mark butt fumbles....Hahahahaha, hoohohohoho, hahahahahaha, hohohohohoho, la lal lal la lal lal la lal lal la la la lal la la LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!! !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1orMXD_Ijbs

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    & I think we need a radio station set up in the parking lot blasting WERE NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE cont. from the time the gate opens in the lot till after the game ends

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dolphins superfan calls Fireman Ed a 'wuss' and 'disgrace'By MARC RAIMONDI
    Posted: 6:00 PM, November 27, 2012

Dolphins superfan Big Papa Pump is taking aim at Fireman Ed, who he deems as “a wuss.”

BPP, a Dolphins season ticket holder for 17 years, ripped Ed Anzalone in a radio interview Tuesday in South Florida, saying that Anzalone is “a disgrace” for abandoning the Jets. Fireman Ed wrote in the Metro over the weekend that he is resigning from his role as a superfan – no more Jets helmet and leading the J-E-T-S chant – because of fans’ ire toward him.

His Miami counterpart has no sympathy.

"If you're stepping down because of what you see, getting your butt whupped week-in and week-out and you haven't been to the Super Bowl since Super Bowl III, that is a wuss,” BPP said on “Hochma and Zaslow” on Sports Talk: The Ticket (via ESPN.com). “That is a wuss.”

Big Papa Pump, whose real name is Thomas Phillips, added: "You don't back out of your team like that. That's something you don't do. You don't step down from being a superfan. You don't do that. Fireman Ed, you're a disgrace, man. ... This team is looking up to him and this is what he's telling them? You quit? You just give up? If you're winning and you quit, it's another thing. But you're losing and you quit, that's even worse."

BPP says Anzalone can never return to his Fireman Ed moniker now.

“You have to come back as somebody else," he said. "Maybe he can be Nurse Ed. He can't come back as Fireman Ed, there's no way. You can't welcome him back. How can you trust him?"

Many Jets fans never have. In fact, Anzalone, a Queens native, former New York City fireman and New Jersey resident, was actually a Dolphins fan growing up. Maybe BPP and Anzalone can join together as a Miami superfan duo.

Read more: Dolphins superfan calls Fireman Ed a 'wuss' and 'disgrace' http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/nflbli...#ixzz2DXnu5Zio

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet View Post

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    I think they should just play Trololo Song on the big screen and we all just sing along. It would be perfect. Mark butt fumbles....Hahahahaha, hoohohohoho, hahahahahaha, hohohohohoho, la lal lal la lal lal la lal lal la la la lal la la LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!! !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1orMXD_Ijbs
    If you make this happen I will follow you to the gates of hell and back....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I always liked Fireman Ed.

**** this "Jetman" guy. Dude's a clown.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Question " Who Should Be the Jets' Next Mascot ? " ? ? ?

Who Should Be the Jets' Next Mascot ?

The Jets lost a piece of their collective identity recently when "Fireman Ed"—Ed Anzalone, the fan renowned for leading the "J-E-T-S, JETS-JETS-JETS!" chants at Jets home games—announced that he was retiring from his unofficial role as the team's head cheerleader.Since the Jets are in the market for a new superfan to keep enthusiasm high at MetLife MET -0.80% Stadium (no easy task, for sure), here are a few recommendations :

Wildcat Tim

Has gained extensive and valuable experience in cheering on and lending support to Jets players and coaches this season. Would bring requisite sincerity, enthusiasm and spiritual devotion to the position. Versatility would allow him to lead "J-E-T-S" chant and orchestrate crowd in singing "New York, New York"—but only two or three times a game. Has exhibited willingness to sit through long stretches of games while shirtless.

Tuna Bill

Would supplement team's fan base by buying season tickets for Curtis Martin, Vinny Testaverde, Maurice Carthon, Keith Byars and so on. Would make any fan who didn't participate in "J-E-T-S" chant run gassers at halftime. Potential complication: Based on his quote, "You are what your record says you are," might change chant to reflect state of team: "FOUR-AND-SEV-VEN, JETS!

Broadway Joe

Has honed public-speaking and performance skills through work on "Monday Night Football," "The Love Boat" and "Fantasy Island." Has popular Twitter account and could post critiques of Mark Sanchez after each interception. Would remind Jets fans of a time when the franchise could be brash and bold and actually back it up. Would also remind Jets fans of a time when a man could wear pantyhose without fear of reprisal.

Coach Richie

Brooklyn native would deliver chant and cheers with appropriate New York accent. Coached Jets to four victories over two years in mid-1990s, so he would greet any season of five wins or more with unfettered joy. Also served as Philadelphia Eagles coach for four years, giving him deeper understanding for and appreciation of the negative atmosphere that can surround an NFL franchise.

> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...J_topics_obama

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since Kelvin is JI male mascot I vote for you as Jets mascot

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Boynton Beach Jets View Post
    Since Kelvin is JI male mascot I vote for you as Jets mascot
    thanx mom ! !

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    A butt wearing a Sanchez jersey isn't an option?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    If you make this happen I will follow you to the gates of hell and back....
    Seriously, what could lighten the mood in the stadium better than Trololo guy? Normally a butt fumble would cause wretched angst and anger throughout the stadium. Now they can laugh along to trololo while they show replay after replay. Instantly lightens the mood and keeps fans happy.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post

5) Draft someone randomly from the Hampur: This would have the impact of a Make-A-Wish Foundation visit for some resident JI jokester.
    I'll do it. I will jump up on Timmmys shoulders and promptly slide off and plop on my tuchus. Hilarity ensues.

-

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    I'll do it. I will jump up on Timmmys shoulders and promptly slide off and plop on my tuchus. Hilarity ensues.

-
    You could put him on your shoulders except with your midget stature you'd just look like a regular person. Not to mention when you got sick of his three testicles doing the macarena all over your neck and you dump him unceremoniously he will grab your hair system in panic and you'll be humiliated on the big screen as it flies off your black head.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    REX Ryan he always does a great Job making Crap smell like Roses after any loss, & he won`t be a coach here to much longer if he keeps up his non-winning ways here.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    Dolphins superfan calls Fireman Ed a 'wuss' and 'disgrace'By MARC RAIMONDI
    Posted: 6:00 PM, November 27, 2012

Dolphins superfan Big Papa Pump is taking aim at Fireman Ed, who he deems as “a wuss.”

BPP, a Dolphins season ticket holder for 17 years, ripped Ed Anzalone in a radio interview Tuesday in South Florida, saying that Anzalone is “a disgrace” for abandoning the Jets. Fireman Ed wrote in the Metro over the weekend that he is resigning from his role as a superfan – no more Jets helmet and leading the J-E-T-S chant – because of fans’ ire toward him.

His Miami counterpart has no sympathy.

"If you're stepping down because of what you see, getting your butt whupped week-in and week-out and you haven't been to the Super Bowl since Super Bowl III, that is a wuss,” BPP said on “Hochma and Zaslow” on Sports Talk: The Ticket (via ESPN.com). “That is a wuss.”

Big Papa Pump, whose real name is Thomas Phillips, added: "You don't back out of your team like that. That's something you don't do. You don't step down from being a superfan. You don't do that. Fireman Ed, you're a disgrace, man. ... This team is looking up to him and this is what he's telling them? You quit? You just give up? If you're winning and you quit, it's another thing. But you're losing and you quit, that's even worse."

BPP says Anzalone can never return to his Fireman Ed moniker now.

“You have to come back as somebody else," he said. "Maybe he can be Nurse Ed. He can't come back as Fireman Ed, there's no way. You can't welcome him back. How can you trust him?"

Many Jets fans never have. In fact, Anzalone, a Queens native, former New York City fireman and New Jersey resident, was actually a Dolphins fan growing up. Maybe BPP and Anzalone can join together as a Miami superfan duo.

Read more: Dolphins superfan calls Fireman Ed a 'wuss' and 'disgrace' http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/nflbli...#ixzz2DXnu5Zio
    This BPP is goes about 350 lbs... wears a bright orange jacket... I dont think he should be talking much.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok ,..i'll do it....just don't tell jordy or sg3

> http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto..._7736145_n.jpg

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    look who nyjetssuck.com suggests who should be the new mascot...

http://nyjetssuck.com/****-the-jets-...-new-super-fan