Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Fireman Ed's Replacement!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Fixed

Wrong about what exactly?
    The quality of the team. The pulse of the team. The pulse of the Fanbase.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The quality of the team. The pulse of the team. The pulse of the Fanbase.

SAR I
    I will give you credit on predicting the collapse of the team and Rex's leadership...But that doesn't make me or others that didn't want to hear it in the spring and summer wrong. I acknowledged that a total collapse was definitely possible with this squad, like I've said on many occasions, we're always waiting and expecting disaster with this franchise, but I also thought a winning record was possible also. I was just HOPING for a good year so I could enjoy the season and I thought Rex deserved another season...In your mind, that made me a blind homer, but whatever man, now we are all miserable as usual and none of it matters.... But I appreciate and respect Fireman Ed, unlike you...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will give you credit on predicting the collapse of the team and Rex's leadership...But that doesn't make me or others that didn't want to hear it in the spring and summer wrong. I acknowledged that a total collapse was definitely possible with this squad, like I've said on many occasions, we're always waiting and expecting disaster with this franchise, but I also thought a winning record was possible also. I was just HOPING for a good year so I could enjoy the season and I thought Rex deserved another season...In your mind, that made me a blind homer, but whatever man, now we are all miserable as usual and none of it matters.. But I appreciate and respect Fireman Ed, unlike you...
    Let's just all figure out a way to get along.

Christmas is coming, the season has been brutal, last thing we need to do is turn on each other.

I don't like Ed and it has nothing to do with the fact that he was a fireman. It has to do with the fact that he was a fraud. We are allowed to disagree.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's just all figure out a way to get along.

Christmas is coming, the season has been brutal, last thing we need to do is turn on each other.

I don't like Ed and it has nothing to do with the fact that he was a fireman. It has to do with the fact that he was a fraud. We are allowed to disagree.

SAR I
    I agree, Merry XMas....

Don't forget it's XMas at Anzalones' house, too

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetStream View Post
    He can't even decide what chin to put his chin strap on...
    I LMFAO'd

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Seriously, what could lighten the mood in the stadium better than Trololo guy? Normally a butt fumble would cause wretched angst and anger throughout the stadium. Now they can laugh along to trololo while they show replay after replay. Instantly lightens the mood and keeps fans happy.
    I vote for Trololo guy - not matter how bad a mood I'm in that always makes me laugh.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    ok, if Jetman's wife posts nekkid pictures of herself, I will cast my vote for Jetman.

Keep in mind that like 99.999% of us here, I have no clue who the hell this Jetman clown is.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    shakin you can get to know a little more about Jetman on the facebook page. I can vouch he is a great guy and if you are going to be at the game on Sunday come by the tailgate at L5 and hang with all of us. Maybe he'll win you over?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lennox View Post
    shakin you can get to know a little more about Jetman on the facebook page. I can vouch he is a great guy and if you are going to be at the game on Sunday come by the tailgate at L5 and hang with all of us. Maybe he'll win you over?
    He will not win us over.

I'm sure he's a great guy, thing is, we don't want a "real life human being" to be our mascot. We want a stuffed animal like everyone else. These real people have real issues and they make us all look bad when they come to light. I'm sure your friend is very nice, but unless he wants to don a costume tell him not to bother.

Shakin' has no influence on this site, you're sucking up to the wrong guy.

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    He will not win us over.

I'm sure he's a great guy, thing is, we don't want a "real life human being" to be our mascot. We want a stuffed animal like everyone else. These real people have real issues and they make us all look bad when they come to light. I'm sure your friend is very nice, but unless he wants to don a costume tell him not to bother.

Shakin' has no influence on this site, you're sucking up to the wrong guy.

SAR I
    Why do we even need a mascot?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Why do we even need a mascot?

Thank you.

I have no idea. Many other teams don't have one, we don't either. We have cheerleaders and flag boys, that's enough.

But if we have to have a mascot, give us a stuffed farm animal like everyone else, don't give me another grumpy old man leading a stupid old chant that is about as cool as 'the wave'.

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/NYJetman/

NY Jetman is a great guy and I think a few of you may be confusing him with Captain Jet. I know its easy to be cynical on the fan base this season, but please consider supporting NY Jetman - in my humble opinion he is what the fan base needs right now. Time for a fresh start with a new face leading the charge..

To All Jets Fans and Team Representatives,
    First off, a word of thanks to Fireman Ed, who has passionately led the Gang Green Faithful for many years – your enthusiasm, charisma and dedication to the team has been unparalleled and those who bleed green know you have been a true fan. Those who have made it difficult for you to attend games wearing your teams QB jersey (irrespective of his play on the field) should be ashamed of themselves.
    Speaking of those who bleed green, I have been fortunate enough to have gotten to know a true diehard fan over the past couple of seasons who I believe would be the perfect man for the job to take over Fireman Ed’s responsibilities – his name is Rob aka NY Jetman.
    NY Jetman has been faithfully driving to each Jets home game FROM NEW HAMPSHIRE as a sole season ticket holder for the past 7 seasons and through a friends seasons tickets since his early 20’s. He holds an open tailgate at L5 near the racetrack where he welcomes all fans and displays his loyalty to the NY Jets, from his attire to his DJing (everything from Springsteen to Eminem and yes there is some Gangham Style mixed in this year for the KPOP fans) to his hourly J-E-T-S chants on the mic. NY Jetman has not lost the faith as this season has posed its series of rollercoaster emotions and challenges for the fan base.
    But here is the real reason NY Jetman should be the next in line in section 140 to lead the fan base in J-E-T-S chants… he is a great person and someone the team sorely needs to improve its “circus” image in the newspapers the past few seasons since Rex came to town. Jetman selflessly drove down from New Hampshire post Hurricane Sandy to deliver a multitude of gallon canisters of gasoline and generators to his friends and neighbors in and around Toms River, NJ when supplies were at a shortage. He is the first in line on a weekly basis to get into the Metlife lots, often lining up at 5:30am on Sunday game days – DEDICATION. He stands by the side of the road during tailgates and hands out green and white beads, putting smiles on the faces of even the most dour Jets fans this season. He is the type of person this franchise needs to reinvigorate the fan base and refresh the image of the team post Fireman Ed.
    Please join me in supporting NY Jetman to lead the fan base through the rest of this season and beyond and join us this Sunday @ L5 – lets make it the biggest tailgate of the season and take to the stands to support our team.
    Cheers,
    SPL
    Get lost dude. Go somewhere else to promote your own brand.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    How will the crowd know when (in unison) to start the J-E-T-S chant? Yes, I know its a little lame, but its what we've got and what we are known for as a fan base. Do you all boycott cheering J-E-T-S on kickoffs @ the games?

I think its great we have an actual face/person leading the cheers versus a "FUZZY MASCOT' as SAR is calling for. The alternative is to have the scoreboard start the chants which I think is pretty weak.

I don't know guys, I hear your opinions and say what you will (and most have) about Fireman Ed, but it is a unique part of attending a Jets game to have him on the jumbotron leading the J-E-T-S chants on kickoffs. I personally believe it would be ashame to lose that aspect of attending games in lieu of his "quitting" (dont get me started on that topic). Especially for those bringing kids/ families etc.

So amidst the disaster of a season we can mostly agree it has been to date (culminated so far imo with Sanchez's face plant into Moores ass on Thanksgiving), why not have a positive story of a good guy who helped his neighbors in need post-Sandy and that is a diehard fan taking over the reigns for Ed and continuing the tradition of leading the fans in cheering?

My two cents, you certainly dont have to agree and it sounds like most don't. I guess we will see what Sunday brings vs the Cards..

PS - The NY post is running an article on Jetman Sunday for those interested

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Better than Ed....

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Get lost dude. Go somewhere else to promote your own brand.
    Not promoting a brand pal, just trying to offer those on the board an option or another idea based on the subject.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not promoting a brand pal, just trying to offer those on the board an option or another idea based on the subject.
    Go for it, Ed is a quitter and the quicker someone takes the reins for the chant, the quicker Ed slides into oblivion.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great, all the weak ass wannabees are going to come out of the woodwork
    Yep..

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    ...One pill...makes you smaller...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    But if we have to have a mascot, give us a stuffed farm animal like everyone else, don't give me another grumpy old man leading a stupid old chant that is about as cool as a middle aged, middle class guy wearing a matching cap and hoodie.

SAR I
    fixe'