Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Believe even though it's hard right now

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Believe even though it's hard right now

First I wanted to say how much I really appreciate the true die hard Jet fans that have stuck with this team through thick and thin. While this team does look bad they didn't look as bad as the Eagles last night who never really gave any effort at all.

Rex and Sanchez will be back next season so we might as well get used to that. I am not sure that any head coach could win with the lack of talent on this team. I am looking forward to seeing a lot of new players next year and a GM who can better identify talent rather than be a whiz at numbers.

The Jets will be contenders next year I have no doubt. Maybe they needed to hot rock bottom to get better and get rid of players but they will be a hell of a lot better team next year. Changes are going to be made and overall it will lead to a a lot better Jets team.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    First I wanted to say how much I really appreciate the true die hard Jet fans that have stuck with this team through thick and thin. While this team does look bad they didn't look as bad as the Eagles last night who never really gave any effort at all.

Rex and Sanchez will be back next season so we might as well get used to that. I am not sure that any head coach could win with the lack of talent on this team. I am looking forward to seeing a lot of new players next year and a GM who can better identify talent rather than be a whiz at numbers.

The Jets will be contenders next year I have no doubt. Maybe they needed to hot rock bottom to get better and get rid of players but they will be a hell of a lot better team next year. Changes are going to be made and overall it will lead to a a lot better Jets team.
    First let me say that I respect your sentiments.

As I have said before, I do not set the bar for the Jets by what the rest of the league does. I don't care what the Eagles are doing. And at the VERY LEAST I expect the Jets to go out and give a strong effort each week b.c that is their job. Effort should be a given, which is why I do not praise it. I do not believe in moral victories. This team was sold to us as a contender and they have fallen woefully short of that.

I am not going to get into the Tanny/Rex/Sanchez dynamic and who is to blame for what. That has been discusses as nauseam. Bottom line is there are significant issues with that team that must change before we can turn things around.

I hope you are right about next year but I do not share your optimism.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets will be contenders next year I have no doubt.
    This seems like a logical prediction

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    First let me say that I respect your sentiments.

As I have said before, I do not set the bar for the Jets by what the rest of the league does. I don't care what the Eagles are doing. And at the VERY LEAST I expect the Jets to go out and give a strong effort each week b.c that is their job. Effort should be a given, which is why I do not praise it. I do not believe in moral victories. This team was sold to us as a contender and they have fallen woefully short of that.

I am not going to get into the Tanny/Rex/Sanchez dynamic and who is to blame for what. That has been discusses as nauseam. Bottom line is there are significant issues with that team that must change before we can turn things around.

I hope you are right about next year but I do not share your optimism.
    let's hope you are right .....a lot can change in a year.

heck I survived Coslett to Kotite, I can survive this.

BUT..we looked like the Eagles and they were on a back up QB?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

The Jets will be contenders next year I have no doubt.
    With a front office that has no strategic plan, Tanny's lack of draft talent evaluation and bone-crushing guaranteed contracts, the Jets overall cap situation, a HC who still hasn't figured out the NFL is all about offense, the weakest 53-man roster in the NFL and the worst starting QB in the league, how can you realistically see the Jets as contenders for anything next year?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    With a front office that has no strategic plan, Tanny's lack of draft talent evaluation and bone-crushing guaranteed contracts, the Jets overall cap situation, a HC who still hasn't figured out the NFL is all about offense, the weakest 53-man roster in the NFL and the worst starting QB in the league, how can you realistically see the Jets as contenders for anything next year?
    Don't you have dentures to clean????

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Piss of, jerky

Got nothing better to do? What a f-ing loser

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Piss of, jerky

What did I say that is not true?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    What did I say that is not true?
    Everything you say is not true

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everything you say is not true
    You must be DWC's father if you believe that.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing says "PATS TROLL" than an avy like this one.

Bet he wears a costume like this to those New England nightclubs.....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN8oL...eature=related

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brady isn't getting any younger dude. Your time is limited, and you are on the downside of things. Brady hasn't delivered a title a few years now and realistically may never again

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Who started giving out ecstasy?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Every thread trolled

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Piss of, jerky

Are you really hating on someone for saying the Jets likely won't be contenders next year? I understand Tx has a reputation around here but cmon now, you're really gonna argue with what he said in this thread?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Let me ask you, what makes you draw the conclusion that the team will be much better next season?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by samoljets View Post
    Brady isn't getting any younger dude. Your time is limited, and you are on the downside of things. Brady hasn't delivered a title a few years now and realistically may never again
    Oh, so the only evaluation of success is titles? Funny coming from a Jets fan who thinks losing 2 AFCCG's is a phenominal success.

In Brady's last 11 years he has accomplished the following:

Best won/loss record in the NFL, not to mention the best playoff record as well.

9 AFCE titles in 10 years (Cassell missed it in 2007)

5 out of 6 AFCCG's.

3 out of 5 Super Bowls.

Is the very best Jets 11-year run anything like that?

And BTW, moving forward, Pats fans are far more concerned with the Dolphins than the Jets.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    First I believe in Rex and second believe that the organization will make the necessary changes in players and coaches to upgrade the team. I believe that this team needed a season like this to clearly show management that a lot of players we have are not worthy of being starters in the NFL.

As for the Pats let Pats Fan troll away. The Pats may make it to the Super Bowl but they are going to be beat by any number of NFC teams which are more balanced on both offense and defense.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQXKO...e_gdata_player