Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jets Tweets, News, Updates - 11.27.12

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Yea, he was actually on the Jets roster for like 5 days last year.
    I recall him having a nice preseason with the Rams this year. Know why he was cut?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    LOL.

We are the only team that overpays their own players. When you extend a contract before FA there is supposed to be some sort of a discount.

Harris contract might be the worst in the NFL. I can't think of any others. Maybe the Asomugha contract.
    And there was no acrimony, no accusations of bad faith. Nothing.

I'm not saying you should try and screw over your own players - far from it. But, if a deal is agreed to that easily, someone wasn't trying their hardest. If Harris agreed to meet them in the middle or come down to some place the Jets really wanted to be - fine. I can see a deal getting done easily. But not for what he ultimately got paid.

By all accounts, David Harris isn't really the type to cause problems and try to squeeze the Jets for every last dollar. He's not a Pete Kendall or a TO. He patiently waited for his time to get paid. He didn't b!tch when the other guys were getting their money - he acknowledged that his situation pretty much dictated that he'd have to wait. The perfect guy to leverage some type of home team discount. Instead, the Jets gave him a lucrative deal and also ensured that he couldn't be cut.

I'll never understand this one.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I recall him having a nice preseason with the Rams this year. Know why he was cut?
    The guy was a head case and couldnt learn an NFL playbook.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    The guy was a head case and couldnt learn an NFL playbook.
    HE'LL FIT IN PERFECT!

Quote Originally Posted by AbstraKt View Post
    For those who still care...

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN
    Jets worked out DE/LB Claude Davis, S Lane Olson, OL Lee Barbiascz and RB Darrell Scott today. #nyj
    Potential PS guys to replace Jordan White & Fletcher..

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Imagine what Revis is going to demand?
    Trade him

Oh god, I hope the Jets can resign Revis. The Jets never hold on to their truly great talent. I just hope the Revis situation is different and the Jets are able to retain him.

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN
    WR Eddie McGee, who was most recently with the Raiders, has been signed to Jets practice squad. #nyj

Banned
    LOL.

We are the only team that overpays their own players. When you extend a contract before FA there is supposed to be some sort of a discount.

Harris contract might be the worst in the NFL.
    What the hell happened to Harris?

I thought he would be a star LB in the NFL for the next 10 years.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Oh god, I hope the Jets can resign Revis. The Jets never hold on to their truly great talent. I just hope the Revis situation is different and the Jets are able to retain him.
    It's bad timing. Had we been contenders they wouldn't think about letting him go. But this team is going to need 2-3 years to rebuild. With that being the case why make someone one of the highest paid defenders if the team is going to stink for the next 2-3 years anyways? We have about 15 spots to fill next season with minimal money. It sucks but the smart thing to do is trade Revis for as many picks as you can get.

If he's reasonable, sure. But, if he decides he wants to be the richest man in the world, he can go **** himself.

You don't tie up big money in a ****ing CB. Why is this hard for people to understand? Folks need to get over the star mentality.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

I think the ankle he injured in the Carolina pre season game has lingered. Other than that I got nothing.

He was such a good player a couple of years ago. Doesn't strike me as the type of guy who would check out after getting paid.

harris is trying to pick up the slack for the other 3 lbs.line him up with 3 legit lbs and he will be a star again.

@ConorTOrr: #Jets sign WR Mardy Gilyard, release G Hayworth Hicks and host a big tryout group today: http://t.co/ysgIGDWV

Matt Simms brought in for a workout.

I think the ankle he injured in the Carolina pre season game has lingered. Other than that I got nothing.

He was such a good player a couple of years ago. Doesn't strike me as the type of guy who would check out after getting paid.
    I think him playing on a bum leg/foot injury has some merit...

There was a NE counter to the right last week in the 1st Q that he looked like he was moving in slow motion on... It reminded me how I ran bases after getting my first and only LAI... Not sure how these players go at full speed with numb limbs/extremities....

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @ConorTOrr: #Jets sign WR Mardy Gilyard, release G Hayworth Hicks and host a big tryout group today: http://t.co/ysgIGDWV

Matt Simms brought in for a workout.
    Phil's kid?

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    If he's reasonable, sure. But, if he decides he wants to be the richest man in the world, he can go **** himself.

You don't tie up big money in a ****ing CB. Why is this hard for people to understand? Folks need to get over the star mentality.
    Talent wins games. You have to spend money to keep talent.

It's management's job to differentiate between the talent that's worth it and the talent that's not.

Revis has always been worth whatever he's been paid.

Calvin Pace
    David Harris
    Bart Scott
    Eric Smith
    Mark Sanchez
    Santonio Holmes

Those are the contracts that kill you. Every one of them is a bad deal. Smith doesn't make as much as the rest, but he's still overpaid.

And for 5 of the 6, they weren't just overpaid, they were locked into long term deals.

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Talent wins games. You have to spend money to keep talent.

It's management's job to differentiate between the talent that's worth it and the talent that's not.

Revis has always been worth whatever he's been paid.

Calvin Pace
    David Harris
    Bart Scott
    Eric Smith
    Mark Sanchez
    Santonio Holmes

Those are the contracts that kill you. Every one of them is a bad deal. Smith doesn't make as much as the rest, but he's still overpaid.

And for 5 of the 6, they weren't just overpaid, they were locked into long term deals.
    No. He's not a franchise QB, ok? He's a ****ING CORNERBACK.

Banned
    I hope that is tounge in check, buddy.

You don't wan't to ever have your highest played player as a non-playmaking CB.

All League
    I hope that is tounge in check, buddy.

You don't wan't to ever have your highest played player as a non-playmaking CB.
    This doesn't make any sense