Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yankees to re-sign Andy Pettitte to 1 year/$11 mil deal

Yankees to re-sign Andy Pettitte to 1 year/$11 mil deal

EDIT: Make that 1 year/$12 million, also includes $2.5 million in awards bonuses.

read more: http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/jo...ly-will-follow

Andy Pettitte and the Yankees are finalizing an agreement for one year at about $11 million for him to return to the Bronx, and the team is optimistic it will have a deal with Mariano Rivera by week's end.
    Yankees rotation is pretty much finalized.

The first 3 being, CC, Kuroda, and Pettitte. Phelps, Nova, and Hughes competing for the last two spots. Pineda possibly be ready to make his Yankee debute in June.
    Last edited by 21st Amendment; 11-28-2012 at 03:05 PM.

Good move and glad to see Andy back. If he can pitch a couple more years he will be close to 300 wins and a lock for Hall of Fame.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Good move and glad to see Andy back. If he can pitch a couple more years he will be close to 300 wins and a lock for Hall of Fame.
    I don't think he comes close to 300, he's 55 wins shy, and 40 years old. Plus he's an admitted PED user. Hall of very good.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    HOF? No.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    HOF? No.

Not even good enough for Hall of Juicers where he could join Bonds, Mcguire, Sosa, Clemens and Gayrod among the hundreds of Juiceball Stars

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post
    I don't think he comes close to 300, he's 55 wins shy, and 40 years old. Plus he's an admitted PED user. Hall of very good.
    Only thing that makes it tough is I believe he is 100 games over 500, which is impressive.

But, no Cy Young. No (maybe 1?) 200 strikeout seasons. Wasn't usually the #1 on the staff. He's more like a Bernie Williams to me, real good, loved him to death, not quite HOF.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Not even good enough for Hall of Juicers where he could join Bonds, Mcguire, Sosa, Clemens and Gayrod among the hundreds of Juiceball Stars

Everyone in baseball juiced then. Some just got caught.

Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    Only thing that makes it tough is I believe he is 100 games over 500, which is impressive.

But, no Cy Young. No (maybe 1?) 200 strikeout seasons. Wasn't usually the #1 on the staff. He's more like a Bernie Williams to me, real good, loved him to death, not quite HOF.
    well I disagree on Bernie Williams. Bernie's a Hall of Famer in my eyes. Very few center fielders better than him from 1995-2003. Griffey Jr and probably Edmonds.

Make that 1 year/$12 million, also includes $2.5 million in awards bonuses.
    Last edited by 21st Amendment; 11-28-2012 at 03:04 PM.

1. They are going to eventually start letting PED users into the Hall of Fame. Bonds, Arod, Clemens, even ManRam are all HOFer's even without steroids. Bonds without roids is arguably top 5 of all-time keeping him out of the HOF is asinine and I hate Barry Bonds. Sosa and McGwire would have never had anything close to the HR #'s they had without roids and most HOF voters already know that.

2. Pettite is statistically a top 3 all-time postseason pitcher. Look it up. He has 245 regular season wins, if he pitches two more seasons and compiles 25 wins over that period (realistic) he will have 270 which is spitting distance of 300. So at that point he'd be a lock if steroids becomes a moot or secondary issue.

3. I don't want to hear the Pete Rose bull. MLB and all of the pro leagues are terrified of people thinking the games are fixed so gamblers will always be outcast and treated worse no matter what.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 11-28-2012 at 07:23 PM.

well I disagree on Bernie Williams. Bernie's a Hall of Famer in my eyes. Very few center fielders better than him from 1995-2003. Griffey Jr and probably Edmonds.
    Is Edmonds a HOFer? I think not.

Is Edmonds a HOFer? I think not.
    actually yes, I think he is.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post

No Piazza?

-

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    No Piazza?

-
    Piazza a first ballot HOFer, bring that to the bank!

actually yes, I think he is.
    Then you would let in Kenny Lofton, too?

All Pro
    Then you would let in Kenny Lofton, too?
    I'm a no go on Edmonds, although maybe. A little less on Bernie, and wayyyyyyy less on Lofton. He really was elite for only about 4 years.

Take another look at Edmonds numbers. They are pretty damn good. Especially for a good who was an elite CFer.

All Pro
    Take another look at Edmonds numbers. They are pretty damn good. Especially for a good who was an elite CFer.
    I did yesterday. He's going to be very close. Would have a better case if he had more than 1 top 5 MVP years, but his power + his defense will definately get him some votes.

It's funny, I would not put in Andy, who has all the rings, but i would put in Mussina. Mussina was a better pitcher, not his fault he was on the Orioles when the Yankees were winning. Moose pitched well in the playoffs, and also had a superb W/L record.

Bernie Williams is not a HOFer, he's like Mike Mussina, Jorge Posada, or Andy Pettite. Very good players.

Dale Murphy should be in way before Edmonds. Edmonds in the Hall of Very Good. With the likes of Lofton, Amos Otis, Dave Parker and George Foster.