Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can the Jets run the table?

Can the Jets run the table?

I just can't see it happening. They'll be playing teams with pretty poor records, but most have the same record as the Jets. So if anyone is confident that we will run the table, tell me why? What makes you think we are a better 4-7 team than 4 out of our last 5 opponents?

I can certainly see all of those games being competitive and that will be great for most of the run-of-the-mill Jets fans. They'll see a team that is playing great.

But for most of the realistic Jets fans, we'll know that there being competitive with subpar competition. We'll also know that this is going nowhere fast even if they do manage to run the table.

How long is the table and who is running for the Jets?

Veteran
    Run the table? This team will be lucky to win one more game this season, I'm sad to say.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    GOOD questions

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Our table is already wobbling on only two legs.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I honestly hope not

Even if we run the table, we still aren't making the playoffs.

All it would do is take us out of position to draft a bluechip prospect and buy guys like Sanchez, Tanny, Sparano, and Rex at least one more season.

And who wants to get themselves amped up all offseason just to witness the same sh*tshow next year?

Why delay the inevitable?

This team needs to make drastic changes in order to take the next step.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I honestly hope not

All it would do is take us out of position to draft a bluechip prospect and buy guys like Sanchez, Tanny, Sparano, and Rex at least one more season.

And who wants to get themselves amped up all offseason just to witness the same sh*tshow next year?

Take a look at yahoo's playoff generator. If we run the table, we are probably getting in. We'll hold tie-breakers against every wildcard contender other than Pittsburgh and they may loose their next 3 without big ben. The Bengals and Colts both have very tough schedules. The Jets won't make the playoffs simply because they'll stumble along the way.

We'll all be running to the bathroom

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I honestly hope not

As depressing as your outlook is, I tend to agree. What good does it do the team to run the table? And even if by some strange miracle they do make the playoffs, everyone will know they are one and done.

Why not lose out in order to improve out drafting spot and maybe have the opportunity at say Matt Barkley? That coupled with a decent veteran QB through FA could do an awful lot of good for this team even if we didn't improve the rest of the team.

And lastly, you're one sick bastard for even suggesting such nasty thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Can the Jets run the table?

NO.

/thread.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I just can't see it happening. They'll be playing teams with pretty poor records, but most have the same record as the Jets. So if anyone is confident that we will run the table, tell me why? What makes you think we are a better 4-7 team than 4 out of our last 5 opponents?

I can certainly see all of those games being competitive and that will be great for most of the run-of-the-mill Jets fans. They'll see a team that is playing great.

But for most of the realistic Jets fans, we'll know that there being competitive with subpar competition. We'll also know that this is going nowhere fast even if they do manage to run the table.
    Jets will have a solid win versus the Cards this week.

Then get totally embarrassed by Chad Henne and the Jags in Jacksonville the following weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

Then get totally embarrassed by Chad Henne and the Jags in Jacksonville the following weekend.
    I've already said as much. And really that is the ultimate insult short of losing to Schotty's Rams would have been. Chad Henne is a guy who many Sanchez apologists would always argue that Sanchez was better than. However, Henne has looked great since starting for the Jags.

A loss to the Jags would not surprise me in any way.

Absolutely they can run the table. They aren't facing any teams that are any better than the Rams were.

I predict this happening

We're going into this weekend with either Patrick turner or Mardy Gilyard as our #2 receiver behind Hill. We aren't beating AZ, we're going to get killed by JAX, we'll probably beat TEN, BUF will beat us and split, and frankly ad bad as the Chargers are, they're better than us. If we win 2 be happy.

All Pro
    I dont know about running the table but we definately have a few guys who are great and running into the backs of the offensive lineman.

Any win moving forward is a loss for the future of the franchise.

You have to have some kind of consistent offense/defense to run the table

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Absolutely they can run the table. They aren't facing any teams that are any better than the Rams were.
    And you stated the Jets completely dominated the Pats statistically all the while getting embarrassed on national TV by a score of 49-19.

Jets haven't won 2 friggn' games in a row this year.

And you think they can run the table?

Good call, as always.

Jets Insider VIP
    And you stated the Jets completely dominated the Pats statistically all the while getting embarrassed on national TV by a score of 49-19.

Good call, as always.
    E
    G
    D

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro

Good call, as always.
    There is one of these blind faith threads each week.
    Just so happens BillyGrizneen has created them the past 3 weeks in a row.

After the mathematical elimination is complete, the real fun will begin in this forum, and you chowds will bask in it all like Lucifer.