Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Can the Jets run the table?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Yo, SpunkGoo3, you need some money for a real cell phone?

There are better throw-aways than the SGH-T999

All the Pats trolls will chip in and get you one just so you don't embarrass anyone.
    Do you or your fellow chowd troll loser Vinny actually know what phone it is that you are blubbering about??

Obviously not because it is very obvious if you had a clue you'd realize how stupid you were making yourself look

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mike135 View Post
    Wasn't it '07 or sometime around there, just about this time of the season when the fans and papers were screaming for Eli's and Coughlin's head? Basically trying to kick em out of town. They may have even been 4-7.

They then went on to win 5 straight... and we all know what happened after that.

Not saying that'll happen here, but people gotta take it easy a bit. Besides the fact that this team is beat up to all hell curretnly (especially at receiver), this is a very similar situation to Blew in '07.

Sanchez in his fourth year just like Eli. Main difference is that Rex and Sanchez have had much more success through the first 3.5 years than Coughlin and Eli had.

Can they run off five wins in a row?..
    Probable, of course not. Possible, most definitely.
    Jets have won the games that they "should" have this season so far. Only losing six to what many consider "better" teams. With another coming to Miami. An interdivision game that even in the best years you may still split.

Big question is the first half vs Arizona. The D will most likely hold up waiting for the O to do something (ANYTHING). If that happens, with Jacksonville up next, things can fall in place.

Here's to hoping for the last home game of the season vs San Diego to mean something. 7-7 battling for the Wildcard.
    Poor memory dude. They were 4-6, proceeded to win 3 straight, lost at home to the Falcons in an absolutely miserable performance (led by a nightmare game from Sanchez, shocker), Rex proclaimed the season over, realized they weren't mathematically dead once the media told him, then the Colts and Bengals laid down for us allowing us to 9 wins.

We also had the #1 D and #1 rushing game that season, we're #19 and #15, respectively, in those categories now.

But please, continue to regale me about the parallels...

Like I keep saying, I don't get why you and the Kool-Aid squad are so desperate to watch us get blown out (again) in the wildcard round. Lower draft pick, plus no offseason changes if we make playoffs. Maybe you want more embarrassing losses in 2013 and beyond? I'm a Jet fan for the long run, the instant gratification of bragging and boasting about how great we are after beating 4-7 and 2-9 teams (while being annihilated by good ones), well that's just not really my thing...

As for the parallel to the Giants in '07? They started the season 6-2 and clinched a playoff spot by week 16 at 10-5.

I like how you put "better" in quotes too, as if objectively those teams that beat us are not better than us
    Last edited by SlickBri481; 11-29-2012 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Poor memory dude. They were 4-6, proceeded to win 3 straight, lost at home to the Falcons in an absolutely miserable performance (led by a nightmare game from Sanchez, shocker), Rex proclaimed the season over, realized they weren't mathematically dead once the media told him, then the Colts and Bengals laid down for us allowing us to 9 wins.

We also had the #1 D and #1 rushing game that season, we're #19 and #15, respectively, in those categories now.

But please, continue to regale me about the parallels...

Like I keep saying, I don't get why you and the Kool-Aid squad are so desperate to watch us get blown out (again) in the wildcard round. Lower draft pick, plus no offseason changes if we make playoffs. Maybe you want more embarrassing losses in 2013 and beyond? I'm a Jet fan for the long run, the instant gratification of bragging and boasting about how great we are after beating 4-7 and 2-9 teams (while being annihilated by good ones), well that's just not really my thing...

As for the parallel to the Giants in '07? They started the season 6-2 and clinched a playoff spot by week 16 at 10-5.

I like how you put "better" in quotes too, as if objectively those teams that beat us are not better than us
    Poor memory? Yup no debating that one. Especially regarding blew.

Just looked it up. Yeah I was off. Point is though all the doom n gloomers were trying to run Eli n Coughlin outta town during Eli's 4th year before things started going well.

Now if supporting the team through both good and down years isn't your thing. That's cool. To each their own. I do though. I'd especially support any team that made the playoffs. Even if the team's harder games were losses early in the season, while the majority of their wins were to come at the end of the season vs easier teams.

I'm not saying that's going to happen. But I sure as hell am rooting for it. Any playoff birth in this league is earned.