Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Can the Jets run the table?

As to the OP question, it seems to be a game-by-game thing now. They are on eggshells. They are so thin at certain areas, that one more significant injury to a key player, even for one game, could do them in. They have also had the tendency to beat themselves in different ways at certain times for the past couple of seasons.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    My thoughts exactly. You would think the blind homer squad would have taken the blowout losses the hardest since they expected the opposite result to occur in those games (Jets blowing the other team out). Yet they are lining up for another one and then bringing back the entire cast of characters for more of the same next year.

Some of us want to see the team improve and we need serious changes in the front office, coaching staff and player personnel for that. A meaningless playoff berth where we get smacked in the wildcard round probably brings about none of that. Also, let's be serious, if Roethlisberger didn't get hurt, nobody would even be making these threads because the Steelers would be coasting to the other wildcard spot. The conference is terrible right now outside of the top 4 teams. There will probably be 4 teams in the NFC this season that miss the playoffs that are without question better than us. Let billygreen and his buddies digest that....
    As much as I know that the best thing for the future is for the Jets to lose out the rest of the games, I just cannot root against them. It's just not possible for me to sit and not want the Jets to win.

I will continue to cheer them on... and let the chips fall where they fall.

Banned
    Sanchez likes Jets' playoff chances

NESN BY DOUG KYED

Updated Nov 28, 2012 4:04 AM ET

There are plenty of negative things to say about Mark Sanchez as a quarterback, but you can’t discount his optimism.

Just five days after getting shellacked by the New England Patriots, the New York Jets’ quarterback is still confident about his team’s playoff chances, despite a 4-7 record. Perhaps when things have hit rock bottom there’s nowhere to go but up, but unless Sanchez has plans to steal some of Tim Tebow‘s magic, the Jets don’t stand much of a chance.
    “We feel great. We love our chances. We’ve got a special group,” Sanchez told David Satriano of the New York Post. “We’ll keep fighting and trying to win some games here. We will do our best. We’re just taking it one game at a time.”

The Jets would likely have to run the table to still make the postseason after such a poor start to the season. Their strength of schedule is on their side though. The Jets have the Cardinals, Jaguars, Titans, Chargers and Bills left on their schedule. All of those teams are 4-7 or worse, but none have faced the same level of negativity from fans and media alike as the Jets.
    This could be the Jets’ last chance at a playoff season for a while. Their salary cap situation is so bad entering the 2013 season, that they may be better off tanking their next season for high draft picks than even trying to compete.

If the Jets have any hope, it would come from turning to Tebow, but luckily for Sanchez, he’s got one of the longest leashes in the league, despite his awful performances this season. The Jets very unwisely signed the USC product to a contract extension this offseason that guaranteed his 2012 and 2013 salaries — for basically no reason other than to give him confidence.
    Even if it was in the Jets’ best interests competitively to cut the Sanchize, it would make no sense whatsoever fiscally. If Sanchez stays on the team he will cost the team almost $13 million, if he’s cut he’ll cost over $17 million. So even if it means storing Sanchez on the bench, keeping him is the team’s best option.

The Jets may face five teams with losing records to end the season, and they may have confidence from their starting quarterback, but after watching the pathetic Thanksgiving display against the Patriots, this team has no shot in extending their season, even if it meant playing the Kansas City Chiefs five times in a row.

http://msn.foxsports...-chances-112812

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

Sanchez likes Jets' playoff chances

]
    Thanks for your unbiased objective report from NESN, trolling jacka$$

E
    G
    D

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Rough Translation:

Eat a Dick
    Go F-ck yourself
    Die

😝

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    As much as I know that the best thing for the future is for the Jets to lose out the rest of the games, I just cannot root against them. It's just not possible for me to sit and not want the Jets to win.

I will continue to cheer them on... and let the chips fall where they fall.
    I never root against them once the game starts. Just mid-week rational thinking that finishing the season 1-4 is probably more helpful down the line than finishing 4-1.

Let's be real though, this team couldn't win 5 straight games against Conference USA opponents, just way too inconsistent, especially at the QB position. Teams with the 30th rated passer in the league don't win 5 games in a row.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

LOL.

No

Yea, but I weigh 100 lbs less.

Go eat your 8th donut.
    But you're still a fat A$$

Wasn't it '07 or sometime around there, just about this time of the season when the fans and papers were screaming for Eli's and Coughlin's head? Basically trying to kick em out of town. They may have even been 4-7.

They then went on to win 5 straight... and we all know what happened after that.

Not saying that'll happen here, but people gotta take it easy a bit. Besides the fact that this team is beat up to all hell curretnly (especially at receiver), this is a very similar situation to Blew in '07.

Sanchez in his fourth year just like Eli. Main difference is that Rex and Sanchez have had much more success through the first 3.5 years than Coughlin and Eli had.

Can they run off five wins in a row?..
    Probable, of course not. Possible, most definitely.
    Jets have won the games that they "should" have this season so far. Only losing six to what many consider "better" teams. With another coming to Miami. An interdivision game that even in the best years you may still split.

Big question is the first half vs Arizona. The D will most likely hold up waiting for the O to do something (ANYTHING). If that happens, with Jacksonville up next, things can fall in place.

Here's to hoping for the last home game of the season vs San Diego to mean something. 7-7 battling for the Wildcard.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike135 View Post

Can they run off five wins in a row?..
    Probable, of course not. Possible, most definitely.
    Jets have won the games that they "should" have this season so far. Only losing six to what many consider "better" teams.
    The Jets haven't beat a team with a winning record in two years.

This year, they are 0-6 against winning teams and being outscored 190-79.

Good luck on the playoffs.

Screw how we would perform in the playoffs for now. I just want meaningful games in December to start.

Baby steps man!

Besides, we didn't fare that badly in New England this year. (Damn Hill's drop!)

If that's the first matchup of the wildcard round, I really wouldn't mind it.

Jets Insider VIP

E
    G
    D

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    E
    G
    D

Awesome Skippy. No one here has seen this from you for at least 30 minutes.

Another great football post, btw.

PS...trade in that POS and get a real phone.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike135 View Post

Besides, we didn't fare that badly in New England this year. (Damn Hill's drop!)
    Very nice of Tanny to draft a wide receiver in the 2nd round who has no hands.

Hell, the only time Sanchez would hit the broadside of a barn, Hill would drop it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post

That right there is friggn' hilaious.

SpunkGoo3 can't afford an iphone 5, koolaid sales are way, way down.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Awesome Skippy. No one here has seen this from you for at least 30 minutes.

Nice cellphone smack moron once again showing you are f...king clueless on that subject as well as football...

Nice cellphone smack moron once again showing you are f...king clueless on that subject as well as football...

LMAO...yeah, the SGH-T999 is all the rage.

And we'll never know if you know anything about football, because no one here has ever read a post by you that was ABOUT football.

Banned

Yo, SpunkGoo3, you need some money for a real cell phone?

There are better throw-aways than the SGH-T999

All the Pats trolls will chip in and get you one just so you don't embarrass anyone.

Do you post on JI on your Commadore 64?

Yo, SpunkGoo3, you need some money for a real cell phone?

There are better throw-aways than the SGH-T999

All the Pats trolls will chip in and get you one just so you don't embarrass anyone.

Do you post on JI on your Commadore 64?
    dont make me have to bust out the tracfone on ya..