Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 143

Thread: Can the Jets run the table?

  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    They CAN, but I sure as hell hope they DON'T. Meaningless wins that would lead to a 20-30 point loss to Denver or New England would do nothing for me. The more losses, the more likelihood of change. We need change.
    Yep. I'm not sure why people would want to see this team get smoked in the playoffs anyway. Haven't they seen enough blowout losses against the top teams already? I also don't think 9-7 gets us in anyway.

    But 5 straight is a hard sell for a team with a bad offense and average defense. Just wait until we beat the Cards this week, the optimist squad will come crawling out screaming about the playoffs, "just make it in and you never know," etc.

    This team needs real changes. A meaningless playoff berth only hinders that. No thanks...

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Great 3rd post.
    You're in Houston, Texas. Do you know what time it is in Houston, Texas right now? Do you have a life outside of this board?

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    You're in Houston, Texas. Do you know what time it is in Houston, Texas right now? Do you have a life outside of this board?
    It's 8:43 am. Tex is NUTS to be up that early.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Yep. I'm not sure why people would want to see this team get smoked in the playoffs anyway. Haven't they seen enough blowout losses against the top teams already? I also don't think 9-7 gets us in anyway.

    But 5 straight is a hard sell for a team with a bad offense and average defense. Just wait until we beat the Cards this week, the optimist squad will come crawling out screaming about the playoffs, "just make it in and you never know," etc.

    This team needs real changes. A meaningless playoff berth only hinders that. No thanks...
    Like what sort of "real change" does the team need? From what I can see the team needs a real starting #1 WR who can stretch the field and hold on to the ball. Maybe they could use a #1RB too but Powell may turn out to be that. These are the only two things on offense that I can see being a definite concern right now.


    Beyond this, what would you say the Jets need to address in the offseason?

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Like what sort of "real change" does the team need? From what I can see the team needs a real starting #1 WR who can stretch the field and hold on to the ball. Maybe they could use a #1RB too but Powell may turn out to be that. These are the only two things on offense that I can see being a definite concern right now.


    Beyond this, what would you say the Jets need to address in the offseason?
    GM
    OC
    QB
    RB
    WR
    RT
    LG
    OLB
    ILB
    S (both guys are FAs)

    Other than that, they're great. I'm officially blocking you. Congrats.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Like what sort of "real change" does the team need? From what I can see the team needs a real starting #1 WR who can stretch the field and hold on to the ball. Maybe they could use a #1RB too but Powell may turn out to be that. These are the only two things on offense that I can see being a definite concern right now.


    Beyond this, what would you say the Jets need to address in the offseason?
    I just became convinced that you're a gag account. Well played, Mr. Green. Well played, indeed.

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Like what sort of "real change" does the team need? From what I can see the team needs a real starting #1 WR who can stretch the field and hold on to the ball. Maybe they could use a #1RB too but Powell may turn out to be that. These are the only two things on offense that I can see being a definite concern right now.


    Beyond this, what would you say the Jets need to address in the offseason?
    How about a real NFL QB for starters.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    How about a real NFL QB for starters.
    Sanchez seemed okay when he had Braylon Edwards to stretch the field and Santonio Holmes getting open over the middle consistently. Now he has a rookie #1WR in Stephen Hill who is having problems adjusting to the NFL and Jeremy Kerley who is doing a good job but the combination of Hill-Kerley is nowhere near what Edwards-Holmes was. If you want to blame that on Mark Sanchez I guess you can but it makes no sense.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    GM
    OC
    QB
    RB
    WR
    RT
    LG
    OLB
    ILB
    S (both guys are FAs)

    Other than that, they're great. I'm officially blocking you. Congrats.
    The Jets do not need all those things you outlined. Thanks for the hysteria... Good riddence.

  10. #90
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In Da Club with a Bottle Full of Bubb
    Posts
    8,668
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Sanchez seemed okay when he had Braylon Edwards to stretch the field and Santonio Holmes getting open over the middle consistently. Now he has a rookie #1WR in Stephen Hill who is having problems adjusting to the NFL and Jeremy Kerley who is doing a good job but the combination of Hill-Kerley is nowhere near what Edwards-Holmes was. If you want to blame that on Mark Sanchez I guess you can but it makes no sense.
    SO until Mark gets a more talented WR corps, we should overlook all of his backbreaking INT's in the red zone, and his inability to hold onto the football if hit anyway whatsoever in the pocket?

    Makes sense i guess.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Sanchez seemed okay when he had Braylon Edwards to stretch the field and Santonio Holmes getting open over the middle consistently. Now he has a rookie #1WR in Stephen Hill who is having problems adjusting to the NFL and Jeremy Kerley who is doing a good job but the combination of Hill-Kerley is nowhere near what Edwards-Holmes was. If you want to blame that on Mark Sanchez I guess you can but it makes no sense.
    He wasn't okay even when he had those guys because when he had those guys he also had a top 5 in the league, defense, running game and offensive line. He has NEVER been accurate and has always been turnover prone. The fact that the rest of the team was fairly dominant cover up some of these glaring deficiencies.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    The Jets do not need all those things you outlined. Thanks for the hysteria... Good riddence.
    All I want for every Christmas for the rest of my life is you as the Jets GM.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    SO until Mark gets a more talented WR corps, we should overlook all of his backbreaking INT's in the red zone, and his inability to hold onto the football if hit anyway whatsoever in the pocket?

    Makes sense i guess.
    Maybe he's throwing those INT's because he has nobody to depend on at the #1WR spot? Maybe he's taking the hits in the backfield because his recievers aren't getting open downfield fast enough? Sure Sanchez has some things to work on, but to assume those things have nothing to do with this recieving talent is a bit naive.

  14. #94
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In Da Club with a Bottle Full of Bubb
    Posts
    8,668
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    The Jets do not need all those things you outlined. Thanks for the hysteria... Good riddence.
    Its pretty obvious you are the Bruce Banner side of RahRah.

    Then, once you get all riled up because nobody understands or agrees with this pro Jet gibberish you project on us, the real Hulk RahRah emerges.

  15. #95
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In Da Club with a Bottle Full of Bubb
    Posts
    8,668
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Maybe he's throwing those INT's because he has nobody to depend on at the #1WR spot? Maybe he's taking the hits in the backfield because his recievers aren't getting open downfield fast enough? Sure Sanchez has some things to work on, but to assume those things have nothing to do with this recieving talent is a bit naive.
    You make it sound as if the WR is HS level.

    WHat happened to Marks "chemistry" with Keller? Remember? When Keller returns, Marks security blanket will be there again...

    There is no question in my mind that Jeremy Kerley would be a 80 REc 1000 yard reciever on more than 1/2 the teams in this league....if he had a QB to get him the ball.

    Thats 2 quality targets for mark. Seems he would rather launch the ball into opposing linemens hands than his own receivers.

    OL lines fault obviously.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Its pretty obvious you are the Bruce Banner side of RahRah.

    Then, once you get all riled up because nobody understands or agrees with this pro Jet gibberish you project on us, the real Hulk RahRah emerges.
    Hey what can I say, you hate the team and you want to find fault with it everywhere you look. I would say your negative hysteria is far worse than the homerism of a true fan of the team.

  17. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    If you want to blame that on Mark Sanchez I guess you can but it makes no sense.
    Even with Edwards and Holmes, Sanchez barely completed 50% of his passes and was/is a human turnover machine with all his INT's and fumbles.

    He is not, nor will he ever be, a quality NFL QB.

  18. #98
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In Da Club with a Bottle Full of Bubb
    Posts
    8,668
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Hey what can I say, you hate the team and you want to find fault with it everywhere you look. I would say your negative hysteria is far worse than the homerism of a true fan of the team.
    I love the team which is why i dont want to stay pat and try to fix a sinking ship.

    Im ready to win soon, its been too long, and Mark(along with others) need to go before that can become a reality.

    Because of, not in spite of....think about it.

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Even with Edwards and Holmes, Sanchez barely completed 50% of his passes and was/is a human turnover machine with all his INT's and fumbles.

    He is not, nor will he ever be, a quality NFL QB.
    First of all you're a Pats fan. I will not discuss the shortcomings or strengths of my team with a Pats fan. Go back to your own board and figure out how you're going to beat a bigtime passing team in the playoffs because that's your real problem right now, not Mark Sanchez.

  20. #100
    I don't doubt Rex's ability to win out if he had a talented team
    Even if hell froze over and Sanchez played good football for 5 games they could still win out

    however, who is Sanchez throwing to? we have no receivers other than Kerley in the slot. that's why we won't win out

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us