Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Revis.

Revis.

Can he be traded??

And is it possible in the offseason that he would all things considered??

It is looking more and more like the team designed to win now needs to go through an overhaul..

I see a lot of guys not coming back and the way Woody has sounded off it could include the "head coach"!!

There are just sooooo many holes at this point.. What is the use??

If we're going to suck, might as well watch the possible GOAT corner play his career out here...

If he's willing to NOT become the richest man in the world, then keep him. But, if he wants to have Bill Gates' Networth, then get his ass the **** out of here. Cro Show has already shown that we don't really need Revis anyhow.

I say trade him. But just make sure theres a decent plan for a #2 corner and not let it be Kyle f'n Wilson.

Considering most of us might be for starting over I am sure he can garner at least a two..(considering the injury)

Yes he is a great player.. ect..

But it looks like we won't be competitive for at least two years (if not forever)and the fact he wants all the money in the world makes him expendable..

I personally only would want it to happen if we fire the GM..

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

I miss watching him out there. Cro's great but it really sucks not seeing the best Jet ever out there doing his thing, every week, no matter the opponent or the matchup.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by GetaLife View Post
    Considering most of us might be for starting over I am sure he can garner at least a two..(considering the injury)
    Jets trade him for a 2nd and I'd be done with this team

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Jets trade him for a 2nd and I'd be done with this team
    I could only see them getting a one if another team worked out a deal with him first..

Otherwise it is a gamble that he will be the same.. and considering the Jets history?? Either way would be the wrong choice..

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    If he's willing to NOT become the richest man in the world, then keep him. But, if he wants to have Bill Gates' Networth, then get his ass the **** out of here. Cro Show has already shown that we don't really need Revis anyhow.
    This.

I love Revis (as a player), but with so many holes to fill on the team, I'd almost rather get what we can for him and remove his salary from the books. He's becoming more trouble than he's worth.

Veteran
    I wouldn't say he's more trouble than he is worth - but just looking at the situation with names removed so-to-speak: a team needs to win with their QB first and foremost.

There are some teams that have won with a defense-first approach - and that's been discussed plenty. But even for defensive teams, those are usually built around a pass rush or a dominating front-7 play.

In the modern NFL, how much is a great cornerback strategically worth? With the predominance of multi-option spread offenses and backs who catch and run, I'm not sure any cornerback is worth that much. Even if he takes a whole player off the table - as Revis does - these flexible modern offenses can easily be game-planned to exploit other weaknesses.

A telling stat for me - albeit while Revis has been out for most of the year - is that the Jets have not beaten an opponent with a winning record in the past two seasons. If the team can't do that, what can one possibly expect to accomplish by making the playoffs? And isn't the the more critical indictment of how this team is put together?
    Last edited by adpz; 11-28-2012 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    I wouldn't say he's more trouble than he is worth - but just looking at the situation with names removed so-to-speak: a team needs to win with their QB first and foremost.

There are some teams that have won with a defense-first approach - and that's been discussed plenty. But even for defensive teams, those are usually built around a pass rush or a dominating front-7 play.

In the modern NFL, how much is a great cornerback strategically worth? With the predominance of multi-option spread offenses and backs who catch and run, I'm not sure any cornerback is worth that much. Even if he takes a whole player off the table - as Revis does - these flexible modern offenses can easily be game-planned to exploit other weaknesses.

A telling stat for me - albeit while Revis has been out for most of the year - is that the Jets have not beaten an opponent with a winning record in the past two seasons. If the team can't do that, what can one possibly expect to accomplish by making the playoffs? And isn't the the more critical indictment of how this team is put together?

Here's an easier and more telling stat: How many of the past 15 SBs were won by teams that had a top 3-5 CB taking up a huge chunk of their salary pool ?

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Here's an easier and more telling stat: How many of the past 15 SBs were won by teams that had a top 3-5 CB taking up a huge chunk of their salary pool ?

How many of the recent superbowl winners had a top 5 CB? Exactly.

People need to understand that an elite CB is a luxury and not a necessity. Would Revis be nice to keep? Sure. Do we NEED him? lol, no. You know what we need? A pass-rush, a Dline that doesn't get their asses blown off the line, LBs that can beat my grandmother in a 40-yard dash, and a coach that can teach all of these guys how to wrap a guy up instead of arm-tackling.

If we were a winning franchise with a solid team built up, Revis would be a luxury we could afford. But, unfortunately, we're not. We, my friends, are a team that has got to rebuild and cannot afford to throw an insane amount of money at a CB (especially one that will want a new deal/more money every other year).

this team is in shambles yet so called fans still find a way to consider getting rid of our best player.

the new gm shuold sit down all these guys making exhuberant amount of money and lay it on the line to them then decide who stays and who goes.

lets not let tanny make another decision here besides walking out the out the door.

The reality is, if we continue to suck Revis is likely walking out of here after next year and all we will get is a compensatory draft pick.

It would be foolish not to listen to any offers for Revis in the offseason. Minny and Detroit certainly could use him. If someone offersa 1 st and one or two lower round picks, i think you make the deal. I cant see him staying if the team is losing unless he gets a boatload of money and we can not afford to do so for a CB, no matter how great he is. Our defense cansurvive without him.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    this team is in shambles yet so called fans still find a way to consider getting rid of our best player.

the new gm shuold sit down all these guys making exhuberant amount of money and lay it on the line to them then decide who stays and who goes.

lets not let tanny make another decision here besides walking out the out the door.
    I like that. Makes me feel exhorbitant.

Hall Of Fame
    We are cursed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    I miss watching him out there. Cro's great but it really sucks not seeing the best Jet ever out there doing his thing, every week, no matter the opponent or the matchup.
    Best ever???? I get it but Id like to see a few more years. 2008-2011 ?

Crazy as it sounds, I remember watching the sack exchange and thinking how awesome it was having Gastineau. revis is top 3 to 5 but I am not ready to annoint him number 1. I will not debate it as he is "pretty good" as rex would say.

He was a pure game changer. Yes he screwed it up... but

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post

Lay what on the line exactly?

This mess we have + revis doesnt get us into ACTUAL contention.

I believe revis' contract is very difficult to trade, but moving him is a move that has to be considered.

Truthfully, while he has been great this year, Cro has a tradeable contract, has showed huge improvement this season, and is someone that coudl probably get a 2nd round pick back for

I believe Cro could be worth more in a trade than Revis and will be easier to extend a couple of years than revis.

Revis can leave after the 2013 season and will unless he gets 5 year and 70mill
    I think he will leave. Any team that trades for Revis understands this. That is a lot of money to pay a guy that plays a throughbred position, where a slight leg injury limits your effectiveness greatly. No team will trade for him without seeing him run and cut, I doubt he is ready to do that before the draft.

Revis cap hit is such that he costs more money to trade than to keep as Tanny tacked on those phony years to what really was a 2 year extension.

I would only trade Revis for another player dominant at his position. Like Suh. But it's never gonna happen.