Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets fans should stay home Sunday and send Woody a message

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    And who have been Season ticket holders for 30 plus years are willing to eat those tickets to prove our point to WOODY This team and it`s management are just plain bad and it`s embaressing to admit we are JET Fans anymore, thanks Woody

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll be flying in from Newark on the 15th SAT. afternoon since it`s a Mon night game and flying out tues. I haven`t got ticket for game yet but section 113 sounds good ,see you there

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    I really don't understand the point to all of this... Do people think Woody isn't trying? Do they really think he doesn't care?

1. He's spending to the cap. He's not holding back significantly like other owners do.

2. He's shown more than a willingness to fire coaches. Probably fired Mangini a year too early.

3. He's at every damn game...

4. Pretty much whenever he's not at games, he's still walking around wearing a Jets hat or tie because he's proud to be the owner. I've seen him in the city during the week and he's doing exactly that.
    Yeah he's trying. Trying to create a circus like atmosphere for brand and headline purposes rather than build a true winner ignoring the backpage aspect of it.

1. Need the cap guys to handle this but I believe we are a few million under the cap, we also have no play makers.

2. He's shown more than a willingness to fire coaches who cannot produce back page headlines. The present HC is a bully, a blow hart, who does not discipline his team when deserved. He's everything you'd teach a young person to NOT be. All talk with little to back it up. It is any surprise that his players talk smack in the most ridiculous of situations?

3. At every game but still does not have a grip on how most JETS fans feel about him and the current embarassing state of the JETS that he created.

4. When he's not at the game he goes on TV and talks about Mitt Romney being his number one priority or hires Patriots fan and WWE wrestler John Cena to be the honorary captain for the NY JETS. You'd think he'd just stay away from the subject after the contoversy of the captain's "C" with this team from sheer embarassment purposes.

Lets add that he totally threw Mangini under the bus by forcing a trade for Favre. A second year HC that is trying to be respected and impliment discipline to his team does not need a HOF QB who refuses to retire and expects special treatment. It was and proved to be a recipe for disaster.

Woody Johnson has presently created an awful work environment for Sanchez to ever have the possibility of succeeding by forcing a trade for Tebow.

Yet, Woody Johnson continues to throw darts by telling the world how he loves Tebow.

The JETS are a collasal embarassment because of him. Worse than Leon Hess.
    Last edited by copernicus; 11-28-2012 at 10:59 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    I have a better idea. Pack the stadium and start a "Woody sucks" chant. Maybe by embarrassing him Woody might just get his head out of his a$$ and do something about this mess.
    Excellent idea

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    I agree, its hard to ask people who have paid for season tickets to just not show up.

Maybe not buy any gear, food or drink at the stadium? (everyone) Maybe wear all black? Like a funeral?

Something
    It's hard not to buy anything when you have to sit through this **** show. I find myself at the concession stand 3x a game just to distract myself. Damn Jets.

I'll have a paper bag with me on Sunday, if you'd like to count that as something.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Go to the game. Make a bunch of signs. Chant. But please be respectful to fellow fans. The team is the problem, not the fans.

I am hoping the SD game does not get flexed. That will be a huge opportunity for the fans to be heard on national TV.
    I think it's safe to say that that game will be moved to 1 or 4:05pm.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really don't understand the point to all of this... Do people think Woody isn't trying? Do they really think he doesn't care?

1. He's spending to the cap. He's not holding back significantly like other owners do.

2. He's shown more than a willingness to fire coaches. Probably fired Mangini a year too early.

4. Pretty much whenever he's not at games, he's still walking around wearing a Jets hat or tie because he's proud to be the owner. I've seen him in the city during the week and he's doing exactly that.
    Trying- you don't get rewarded or points for trying. People get paid for results. That is like your kid when he is 10YO thinking he should have received a better grade "cause I tried real hard dad"

Fans want to hear what Jeff Laurie said, if the eagles don't win, the coach is liable to lose his job and that 8-8 is not acceptable. You just gave this guy $5000 for the right to buy a couple of tickets and a couple of thousand more every year for the tickets. The poor season ticket holders can not vote with their feet as the owner locked them in with the PSLs.

With the PSLs he got a blind good faith commitment from the ticket paying fans. For him to appear to accept less is a disservice to the fans. Tanny has mismanged the cap so that last year he was unable to get any players to improve the team long term, this of season looks like more of the same, but with a less productive team on the field. Rex in 4 years has not shown that either he of his staff can develop talent, but only buy it. Besides Kerley who have you seen develop?

You think because he is not some sort of recluse he gets a pass?
    And what does it say that you think he may have fired Mangini early?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJ37/12;4703589]Why? You paid for the tickets, go to the game.

Woody will not receive any message. Get over it.

The guy knows the situation. Did he make a change after 08'? Yes.

If a change needs to be made, it will be done.

Stop with the kindergarten hysteria.[/QUOT

Best post of the lot. These kids are all about hysteria. They live for it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    anyone want my 2 tickets? section 148 on the 146 aisle. yellow parking pass included. meet up in nyc or hoboken (or can mail you them if you can send $ via paypal). I'll be tuning in, but I'd rather spend the day with my daughter than take the 7 hours to go to the game.

$125 takes both tickets and the parking pass. If interested, IM me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looking forward to Sunday and a Jet win.

Should be a nice balmy fall weather day with a good chance for the home victory.

Going to Jax the following week hopefully to watch the Jets get within one of .500 on the way to 9-7

Anybody else making the Jax roadc trip?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't miss home games ever. That being said I'm having a second surgery on my leg Friday and there's no way I will risk a setback to attend Sunday's game. Otherwise I would be there.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Spending to the cap doesn't make someone a great owner. Spending wisely to the cap and letting football people make the decisions is a great owner.

Brett Favre was a 100% Woody Johnson move to sell PSLs. It's published in books. If you think Tim Tebow wasn't about headlines/ticket sales you're sadly mistaken.

We already had signed a backup QB who we had to trade. We need offensive lineman and wide receivers. Instead we got Tebow. While I have no personal issue with Tebow he wasn't what we needed on this team.

Look at this roster from 4 years ago. Not one receiver is still on the team from then. How does Sanchez succeed?

When the owner is an arrogant, stuck up, pompous a--hole he needs to hear the fans feelings. To request a game on Thanksgiving night at home was unfair and cruel to his season ticketholders.

He has become a Jerry Jones/Dan Snyder instead of a Mara or Rooney.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    Spending to the cap doesn't make someone a great owner. Spending wisely to the cap and letting football people make the decisions is a great owner.

Brett Favre was a 100% Woody Johnson move to sell PSLs. It's published in books. If you think Tim Tebow wasn't about headlines/ticket sales you're sadly mistaken.

We already had signed a backup QB who we had to trade. We need offensive lineman and wide receivers. Instead we got Tebow. While I have no personal issue with Tebow he wasn't what we needed on this team.

Look at this roster from 4 years ago. Not one receiver is still on the team from then. How does Sanchez succeed?

When the owner is an arrogant, stuck up, pompous a--hole he needs to hear the fans feelings. To request a game on Thanksgiving night at home was unfair and cruel to his season ticketholders.

The turkey game caused me to miss my first tailgate since 2002... F Woody

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post

Great post.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not attending when you've already bought the tickets, and you;re a fan?

Rediculous.

Want to make a statement? That isn't the way to do it, as Woody loses very little if anything from some small group boycotting a game, in the grand scheme.

I agree with the suggestion of chanting "Woody Sucks", or some other visual cue, like black Jerseys and "Woody Sucks" signs or the like.

Me, personally, think all of that is silly and that the fanbase is in "massive overreact" mode, BUT, if you really feel the need, go to the game, and express yourself there loudly via boos or chants or whatever.

Thats a message that will be heard far better than a few gameday no-shows only hurting their own wallets for nothing.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Not attending when you've already bought the tickets, and you;re a fan?

Rediculous.

Want to make a statement? That isn't the way to do it, as Woody loses very little if anything from some small group boycotting a game, in the grand scheme.

I agree with the suggestion of chanting "Woody Sucks", or some other visual cue, like black Jerseys and "Woody Sucks" signs or the like.

Me, personally, think all of that is silly and that the fanbase is in "massive overreact" mode, BUT, if you really feel the need, go to the game, and express yourself there loudly via boos or chants or whatever.

Thats a message that will be heard far better than a few gameday no-shows only hurting their own wallets for nothing.
    I hear you, Warfish. But imagine if, literally, no fans showed up? I mean the Jets play to a completely empty stadium save for ownership and their guests, staff/security, and the Flight Crew. That's an impact that would go beyond anything folks in the stadium could chant.

Never happen, but I would laugh my a$$ off if it did. Just to see that bespectacled schmuck, Woody Johnson's face.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Looking forward to Sunday and a Jet win.

Should be a nice balmy fall weather day with a good chance for the home victory.

Going to Jax the following week hopefully to watch the Jets get within one of .500 on the way to 9-7

Anybody else making the Jax roadc trip?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    I am but based on your posts, I'm going to try to avoid you.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Woody isn't very bright and doesn't care anyway.

So, if you have tickets, go and enjoy the weather, the tailgate and friends and family.

Go in whenever you want and leave whenever you want.

This organization hasn't earned any more loyalty than is convenient for you.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    The turkey game caused me to miss my first tailgate since 2002... F Woody
    This has been my worst tailgating season EVER. Home opener couldn't work grill friend ran the show, 49ers game I missed my first game in 13 years and it was our San Gennaro tailgate, Texans game friend ran the show I couldn't do a damn thing, Colts game same thing, Dolphins game modified tailgate we thought the storm would hit Sunday morning and supermarkets were a zoo the day before, Patriots modified/shortended tailgate due to Thanksgiving, and I'm missing Arizona because of surgery.

I might do an all out wild tailgate in mid-May for the Yankees. You game?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I hear you, Warfish. But imagine if, literally, no fans showed up?
    That tough to imagine.

Probably because it's totally unrealistic in every way.

At MOST a few dozens fans won't show up.

Big whoop.

If those Fans REALLY felt stringly enough, they'd not buy NEXT YEARS tickets, not watch teh games, etc.

What do you think the odds of that are?

Fans never cease to overstarte their own individual importance. Face it, you and I mean nothing whatsoever to Woody or the Jets. This relationship we have is not equal, it's purely one way only.

Watch or don;t watch. Go or don't go.

Woody will not notice one way or the other. He's certainly not selling the team of firing X, or hiring Y, or cutting Z because of it.

I would laugh my a$$ off if it did. Just to see that bespectacled schmuck, Woody Johnson's face.
    I wouldn't, it's be the single most embarassing moment of my life as a Jets Fan. Frankly I think our fans are pretty embarassing on a good day, so thats saying something.

I also do not hold Woody in the same loathful disdain his detractors here do. I see an owner willing to spend, willing to try things, and who generally is not a Dan Snyder type outside the possabillity of Tebow (which I still think was more Tanny than Woody, and not based off ticket sales).

Owner hate is lazy fanship. It's easy, boo hoo, hate the owner, there I feel better I really got that old rich dude.

There is responsabillity to go around, and very VERY little of it on the Owner. But hating him is, I suppose, alot easier for some that hating say, the turnover machine of fail that is Mark Sanchez.