Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets fans should stay home Sunday and send Woody a message

Jets fans should stay home Sunday and send Woody a message

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/...=SFnewyorkpost

Interesting that a beat reporter like Brian Costello would write this but he has a point.

Jets Insider VIP
    Looking forward to going to the game Sunday and continuing to boycott the hideous NY Post toilet paper to send Murdoch a message

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Those beat reporters get 90% of their ideas from this message board.

If Brian Costello or the New York Post would like to send me a check for $275, I'll be more than happy to tailgate on Sunday and leave the parking lot at 12, 12:15 to get to a bar and watch the game there as opposed to going inside the stadium. Otherwise, I'll be there because even though I may criticize and boo the team, I'm a true fan who has already paid for his seats and won't take less for them/eat them.

All League
    Enough of this ****! This is being written in the newspapers now??? Well it is the post, but still.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I have a better idea. Pack the stadium and start a "Woody sucks" chant. Maybe by embarrassing him Woody might just get his head out of his a$$ and do something about this mess.

Yeah, everyone just give Woody their money for free and stay home. That'll show him!

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    If Brian Costello or the New York Post would like to send me a check for $275, I'll be more than happy to tailgate on Sunday and leave the parking lot at 12, 12:15 to get to a bar and watch the game there as opposed to going inside the stadium. Otherwise, I'll be there because even though I may criticize and boo the team, I'm a true fan who has already paid for his seats and won't take less for them/eat them.
    I agree, its hard to ask people who have paid for season tickets to just not show up.

Maybe not buy any gear, food or drink at the stadium? (everyone) Maybe wear all black? Like a funeral?

Something

Flag burning at High Noon on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Yeah, everyone just give Woody their money for free and stay home. That'll show him!
    Don't kid yourself ...parking revenue, concession revenue is BIG BIZ. millions of dollars.

I personally won't go to a game until we see real management. I am OK with losing. the Texans loss for example. We showed up. I can live with that.

but what we see herenisnnot a player issue as much as a management issue.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Don't kid yourself ...parking revenue, concession revenue is BIG BIZ. millions of dollars.

I personally won't go to a game until we see real management. I am OK with losing. the Texans loss for example. We showed up. I can live with that.

but what we see herenisnnot a player issue as much as a management issue.
    You live in NC

You probably have NEVER gone to a game EVER

Thanks for your big sacrifice

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    You live in NC

You probably have NEVER gone to a game EVER

Thanks for your big sacrifice

You are a total tool with the maturity of a child.
    Last edited by southparkcpa; 11-28-2012 at 11:11 AM.

Why? You paid for the tickets, go to the game.

Woody will not receive any message. Get over it.

The guy knows the situation. Did he make a change after 08'? Yes.

If a change needs to be made, it will be done.

Stop with the kindergarten hysteria.

Why stay home if you have tix??? Its going to be 50 degrees and its a 1PM game. Great day for a tailgate!

The way to stage a protest is to not watch on TV and don't buy Jets gear for Xmas.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

I am staying home the last two JET home games my last JET game will be out in Tenn. for 1 last roadtrip.

To ask the most invested fns to take a hit of hundreds of dollars not to go to a game is unreasonable. The only fan who would think of that is a fan without tickets.

The only protest is a white out or paper bags.

It's all well and good to write this rubbish when it's not your dough that was spent on the tickets. I wish the NHL lockout would end so I can focus on the RANGERS.

Hall Of Fame
    Go to the game. Make a bunch of signs. Chant. But please be respectful to fellow fans. The team is the problem, not the fans.

I am hoping the SD game does not get flexed. That will be a huge opportunity for the fans to be heard on national TV.

I really don't understand the point to all of this... Do people think Woody isn't trying? Do they really think he doesn't care?

1. He's spending to the cap. He's not holding back significantly like other owners do.

2. He's shown more than a willingness to fire coaches. Probably fired Mangini a year too early.

3. He's at every damn game...

4. Pretty much whenever he's not at games, he's still walking around wearing a Jets hat or tie because he's proud to be the owner. I've seen him in the city during the week and he's doing exactly that.

Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    I am staying home the last two JET home games my last JET game will be out in Tenn. for 1 last roadtrip.
    See you there!.My friends and I are leaving Thurs.13th, 10ish am flight from Newark. Think sitting in section 113. We should talk beforehand. Road games way more fun. Nashville will be a blast.