Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Jets fans should stay home Sunday and send Woody a message

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    I'm not saying you're personally rooting for them to fail, but a chunk of the people in this thread are.

And I agree that change needs to happen. I guess we just have differing opinions on addressing that change. Showing up and booing doesn't make a difference if you're the type of fan believes Woody is only about the money. You would be falling right into his money-grubbing trap. He's got you hook, line and sinker.

Staying home does. But if you're not going to stay home, here's a crazy thought. Have some fun on Sunday and enjoy yourself. Stop planning this Occupy Metlife movement.

To be clear I never said boo the team. I am sure these guys are trying hard. What I am advocating is calling out the people who put this thing together. If no one puts them on the hot seat this debacle will continue.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    To be clear I never said boo the team. I am sure these guys are trying hard. What I am advocating is calling out the people who put this thing together. If no one puts them on the hot seat this debacle will continue.

Serious question. You dont think a hot seat hasn't already been created. I don't think there is one person from owner to longsnapper that isnt feeling the pressure at this time

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by extra714 View Post
    It's all well and good to write this rubbish when it's not your dough that was spent on the tickets. I wish the NHL lockout would end so I can focus on the RANGERS.
    Not a basketball fan?

Knicks have been doing a good job replacing my Jets blues lol.....

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Go ask a Browns fan what it's like to not have a winning team.

You likely bought your PSL either right before, or in the midst of going to two AFC championship games. What bad team were you putting up with?

And stop worry about the Giants.
    1st off pal , someone with 342 posts compared to my 9,000 is the last person to tell me about support of a team especially since my between 3+ road games attended every year & a 30+ year season ticket holder probably blows away the games you`ve paid to see, & this org. can stop quoteing the 2 AFC Championship games we got to but lost ,close isn`t good enough uless your the bills during the Kelly era, and i`ll worry about the GIANTS cause they don`t settle for 2nd best & thats what I want from the JETS org.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I gotcha, I'm just speaking in general. Despite replying directly to you, most of what I'm saying is about other fans and posters in this thread.

I think they are all on the hot seat regardless of what the fans do Sunday. So I'm advocating going to the game and enjoying yourself. The debacle continues with another toxic crowd. Rooting for a win, despite being 4-7 and against a crappy opponent, will give this entire organization and fan base a much needed deep breath.

And then we can continue arguing about our 5-7 football team next week.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Serious question. You dont think a hot seat hasn't already been created. I don't think there is one person from owner to longsnapper that isnt feeling the pressure at this time

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    I really don't know. Woody does not have a strong history of holding people accountable. Players will be replaced, that much is certain. But what is not certain is that if the same decision makers continue to make the decisions will it do any good?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    1st off pal , someone with 342 posts compared to my 9,000 is the last person to tell me about support of a team especially since my between 3+ road games attended every year & a 30+ year season ticket holder probably blows away the games you`ve paid to see, & this org. can stop quoteing the 2 AFC Championship games we got to but lost ,close isn`t good enough uless your the bills during the Kelly era, and i`ll worry about the GIANTS cause they don`t settle for 2nd best & thats what I want from the JETS org.
    Popularity contest. You're right, you're a bigger fan than me because you've posted 9,000 times on a message board. Congratulations.

You said you were putting up with a bad team and an owner that hasn't delivered a winning team. I'm not quoting anything as an accomplishment, I'm simply asking which bad team wasn't winning when you purchased your PSL's?

Must have been the Browns.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lol, post count used as fandom validity. Lawl.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Popularity contest. You're right, you're a bigger fan than me because you've posted 9,000 times on a message board. Congratulations.

You said you were putting up with a bad team and an owner that hasn't delivered a winning team. I'm not quoting anything as an accomplishment, I'm simply asking which bad team wasn't winning when you purchased your PSL's?

Must have been the Browns.
    NO i am a bigger fan cause I have been a season ticket holder since 1983 and have been attending JET games & was on a waiting list for 4 tickets together since the mid 70`s & if you want to question my support, feel free to do so in Nashville the weekend we play out there otherwise don`t question us long time fans for finallly being fed up with losing . PS the goal for winning a season is to WIN THE SUPERBOWL anything short of that is a losing season!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    NO i am a bigger fan cause I have been a season ticket holder since 1983 and have been attending JET games & was on a waiting list for 4 tickets together since the mid 70`s & if you want to question my support, feel free to do so in Nashville the weekend we play out there otherwise don`t question us long time fans for finallly being fed up with losing . PS the goal for winning a season is to WIN THE SUPERBOWL anything short of that is a losing season!
    will you be increasing your illustrious post count while in Nashville?

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    will you be increasing your illustrious post count while in Nashville?
    no-DICK I won`t

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    no-DICK I won`t
    Cool it. No reason to be uncivil.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool it. No reason to be uncivil.
    so- sorry ,I thought for sure it was DICK Haley Iwas speaking to.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Staying home" is a luxury some can't afford.

That's like taking 300 dollars cash and setting it on fire...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post

at least that fire will keep you warm the jets will just piss you off.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    at least that fire will keep you warm the jets will just piss you off.
    Better be some enlarged bills and in all singles.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe you can root for your team to win.

Boy are a lot of people going to be disappointed if the Jets put up a good performance Sunday. You won't be able to do your chants!

Keep calling the team an embarrassment, keep calling the front office an embarrassment. The biggest embarrassment of all is the fans.
    Thank you, Captain Obvious. I've posted in like every "boycott" thread (unfortunately there have been several) that I plan to go and enjoy. Just screwing around with the chanting idea, though in case we see another butt fumble I do think it would be good to have a few profane chants ready to go in the can (pun intended)

But I thank you for the sermon

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post

The $300 is gone whether you stay or go.

Going will just add more expense no?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Those beat reporters get 90% of their ideas from this message board.
    Think he got it from my "boycott" thread after the debacle last week. I won't be attending. Not wasting my time until people are held accountable.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, please stay at home.

twat