Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets fans should stay home Sunday and send Woody a message

As long as the seats are sold woody could care less if you show up.

Remember- Jets SB Victory vs Romney win......
    He chose Romney....

I'm assuming he still owns/or shares Johnson/Johnson products...?

A boycott might be better if it's something that Woody Johnson gives his Johnson a Woody about

Like $$$$
    (no more tears baby shampoo might be appropiate)

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by REDDOG2004 View Post
    As long as the seats are sold woody could care less if you show up.

Remember- Jets SB Victory vs Romney win......
    He chose Romney....

I'm assuming he still owns/or shares Johnson/Johnson products...?

A boycott might be better if it's something that Woody Johnson gives his Johnson a Woody about

Like $$$$
    (no more tears baby shampoo might be appropiate)
    I think that was a loaded question: he can't win no matter how he answered that.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    I think that was a loaded question: he can't win no matter how he answered that.
    Agreed-
    But a Billionaire should be smart enough to not answer it as asked

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    Enough of this ****! This is being written in the newspapers now??? Well it is the post, but still.
    NY Post coverage > NYDN coverage by a country mile.

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Yeah, everyone just give Woody their money for free and stay home. That'll show him!
    The concession hit would be significant as would the fact that the game is a "sellout" with lots of gray seats. Believe me, it would send a message. Not like anyone is getting a return on their "investment" aka ticket.

too bad it`s the Cardinals. Only thing you STHs can do is, sell your tickets to opposing fans. Fill the stadium with opposing fans would certainly send Woody a message. He`s gonna make his money regardless. It`s you PSL owners who are getting screwed over now. You cannot make a dime on these tickets anymore. I see tickets on StubHub for $15. LOL Well, now all you NEW fans who never had or couldn`t get season tickets years ago know how most of us who did have season tickets years ago feel. We couldn`t give tickets away back in the early to mid 90`s. I gave some dude picking bottles and cans outta the garbage 10 Jets vs Jaguars(inaugural season)tickets. He says to me, "What the F am I gonna do with these?" I told him to sit his arse in every seat if he wanted to.

I see a very long hard road ahead for the Jets and their imprisoned fans. There are thousands of seats available every game, and that has been the case since the new stadium opened. It has never sold out and never will. You simply don`t have 82,000 Jets fans willing to be season ticket holders in this area. Especially at the prices they are asking. I was in that stadium for the first season. There were thousands of empty seats throughout the entire stadium. NOT just the premium seats, which were almost completely empty the first year. Even the Upper Deck had thousands of empty seats the first season. It`s gotten worse up there too. Many of the fans who did try the UD have since left. I`m sure some made the mistake by buying PSLs. Now they learn the hard way. What do you think will happen when the Jets suck for the next 4 or 5 years? I think Woody will start putting grenn & white seat covers over the empty gray seats just so it looks like someone is there. Pumped in noise too. Maybe even classic recordings of Fireman Ed`s chants. LOL

Time to pack the bags and head west. There be gold in them there mountains.

Yeah, boycott the Jets when they actually have a winnable game at home and still have a shot (albeit a longshot) to go 9-7 and get a wildcard.

Did any of these clowns bashing the players at halftime, threatening Fireman Ed for not wearing a Teblow jersey and calling for boycotts live through the Kotite years? I seriously doubt it.

Stay in School Boys

My comment on his article, the stupid fat fvck:

Hey Costello, give up 75 of the 200 hot dogs a week you stuff into your face and send me the price of my ticket. I'll stay home and leave my seat empty just for you.
    Reply Like Unfollow Post 2 seconds ago

I like the chant idea. Maybe we can brainstorm some good ones here between now and Sunday. Then perhaps we can all commit to drinking an extra few beers in the lots to lower our inhibitions so we can chant more meanly if called for (or cheer more loudly if appropriate....this is a win-win)

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    I like the chant idea. Maybe we can brainstorm some good ones here between now and Sunday. Then perhaps we can all commit to drinking an extra few beers in the lots to lower our inhibitions so we can chant more meanly if called for (or cheer more loudly if appropriate....this is a win-win)
    R
    E
    F
    U
    N
    D

REFUND, REFUND, REFUND !

What really needs to happen is some violent behaviour by the new fans. Like the old fans use to be. Light some fires. Beat each other up. Have beer banned in all the clubs. Bring a pumpkin. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    If Brian Costello or the New York Post would like to send me a check for $275, I'll be more than happy to tailgate on Sunday and leave the parking lot at 12, 12:15 to get to a bar and watch the game there as opposed to going inside the stadium. Otherwise, I'll be there because even though I may criticize and boo the team, I'm a true fan who has already paid for his seats and won't take less for them/eat them.
    X 1,000

It actually shouldn't make a difference on going to the game or not, if the ticket is paid for already. I know some people go simply because they need to justify their purchase of the ticket....they feel if they don't go they're wasting $. But if you go to this game, you're wasting your time. So it's time vs money. It's a tough call, but I think I'd side with time in this battle.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    I have a better idea. Pack the stadium and start a "Woody sucks" chant. Maybe by embarrassing him Woody might just get his head out of his a$$ and do something about this mess.
    BINGO!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Yeah, boycott the Jets when they actually have a winnable game at home and still have a shot (albeit a longshot) to go 9-7 and get a wildcard.
    The Jets have no shot. Lets get past the delusions of grandeur. The Jets have no talent on the offensive side, and they are too undisciplined.

Like Parcells said when he took over Kotites Jets, These guys do a lot of dumb things.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    R
    E
    F
    U
    N
    D

REFUND, REFUND, REFUND !

What really needs to happen is some violent behaviour by the new fans. Like the old fans use to be. Light some fires. Beat each other up. Have beer banned in all the clubs. Bring a pumpkin. LOL
    Light a fire in your living room after guzzling your pregame two gallons of cheap beer

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

How about "Both country and my JETS are very important to me, I'd love to see my JETS be the first to visit President Romney in the White House.".....

Woody Johnson is a public figure and has to be able to anticipate there could be a question that relates to both the JETS and his (losing) choice for president.

Its becoming crystal clear what a baffoon this guy really is

Doesnt seem like too much to ask for.

Woody Johnson is a spoiled fool.

Thanks for everything you've created Woody Johnson including condoning players who call out JETS fans and call them losers.
    Last edited by copernicus; 11-29-2012 at 07:55 AM.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    How about "Both country and my JETS are very important to me, I'd love to see my JETS be the first to visit President Romney in the White House.".....

Woody Johnson is a public figure and has to be able to anticipate there could be a question that relates to both the JETS and his (losing) choice for president.

Its becoming crystal clear what a baffoon this guy really is

Doesnt seem like too much to ask for.

Woody Johnson is a spoiled fool.

Thanks for everything you've created Woody Johnson including condoning players who call out JETS fans and call them losers.
    I have actually worked for Woody directly during a few Jets West Coast trips. ; you could not be further off-base in your armchair analysis.

I have actually worked for Woody directly during a few Jets West Coast trips. ; you could not be further off-base in your armchair analysis.
    Copernicus criticism of Woody simply cannot be seperated from Woody's position on the election as a supporter of Romney. Copernicus would loathe Woody for that and that alone regardless of what he did or did not do with the Jets.

I'll repeat what I said back then, anyone, ANYONE who think the Jets W/L record is more important than our Presidential Election is a mouth breathing idiot, and their opinions should not be taken seriously by anyone.

Hall Of Fame
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Per NY Post report, #jets tickets are at their lowest secondary market price since MetLife was built. Tix available at 80 percent off. #nyj

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Per NY Post report, #jets tickets are at their lowest secondary market price since MetLife was built. Tix available at 80 percent off. #nyj
    PUMPED about spending $125 for my ticket this Sunday. #SeasonTicketHolderBlues #HashtagsOnJetsInsider

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Come on couch potatoes, the $$$ are now removed from the decision. Come support the NYJ in person, experience Met Life and let us STH know how it went!!!