Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Jets fans should stay home Sunday and send Woody a message

As much as I want to make a statement to Woody by not showing up to the game and costing him revenue, at the end of the day it hurts my pocket as I lose $250 for my 2 season tickets. Plus, it will be a nice day out and it's something to do and even though the team is bad, I love football and its a good day out of the house. So while I'm in my seat, I'll make a statement to Woody by booing and joining in on anti-Woody chants.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexamillion5592 View Post
    As much as I want to make a statement to Woody by not showing up to the game and costing him revenue, at the end of the day it hurts my pocket as I lose $250 for my 2 season tickets. Plus, it will be a nice day out and it's something to do and even though the team is bad, I love football and its a good day out of the house. So while I'm in my seat, I'll make a statement to Woody by booing and joining in on anti-Woody chants.
    Why don't you make a statement by rooting for your team?

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    Why don't you make a statement by rooting for your team?
    When Management puts a team together worth rooting for we will, this Sun . the Rocketts in NYC will do a better job of exciting a crowd then our lame offense!

Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    When Management puts a team together worth rooting for we will, this Sun . the Rocketts in NYC will do a better job of exciting a crowd then our lame offense!
    I'd recommend going to Radio City then.

Then you can complain about how the 3rd tap dancer from the left with the blonde hair has no business being in show business and what a failure of a tap dancer she is.

I know, we can go see the show and boo them!

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    I'd recommend going to Radio City then.

Then you can complain about how the 3rd tap dancer from the left with the blonde hair has no business being in show business and what a failure of a tap dancer she is.

I know, we can go see the show and boo them!
    Fine, & I recommend you stop telling people how to spend their weekend & what they should do with tickets they`ve already paid for & I may go to radio city Sun. cause I AM DEFINETLY NO GOING TO, NO-LIFE STADIUM

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    Fine, & I recommend you stop telling people how to spend their weekend & what they should do with tickets they`ve already paid for & I may go to radio city Sun. cause I AM DEFINETLY NO GOING TO, NO-LIFE STADIUM
    With all due respect a review of the two "boycott" threads shows YOU pretty much demanding that thousands of STH join you in not going to the game.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Lol, post count used as fandom validity. Lawl.
    If we measure a fan by their post count, who would be the biggest Jets fan on this site?

Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    If we measure a fan by their post count, who would be the biggest Jets fan on this site?
    can`t go by that because those in the 18,000+ range just spew the same crap over and over.

Sent from my SG3-T666 using a freebie Tapakegerator 2

If you already paid for your tickets for Sunday and you're staying home because of the teams poor performance you're foolish. I won't buy anything inside the stadium in general because of the price of things. When the price of 1 lousy excuse for beer is the price of a 6 pack of premium beer there is a problem.

Believe me Woody is already seeing the message. He now has to defend to the papers he doesn't try to make headlines to sell PSLs and his team was publicly humiliated on Thanksgiving Night when the entire country is off from work and watching football.

When I go every week I root for a win. However if we stink up the joint I will boo. I also have no problem booing Woody Johnson whenver he is on the field during halftime.

I hope I am wrong but the next two home games will be a huge PR disaster. Ticket prices are dirt cheap. Now you'll see the guy who bought season tickets giving them away to a young kid who will go to the game and act like a buffoon. That or some other wild drunks. I was there during the Kotite years. I remember seeing old guys with mullets in their Jets jackets trying to surf down the escalators after the game with flasks of scotch. If we continue this downward spiral that crowd will be in the stadium with a lot of empty seats.

Oh and Jay Leno even had about Jets ticket prices being $18 in his monologue.

Jets Insider VIP
    Good post

I.like the inclusion of Kotite and Jay Leno in it

Two people very similar in ability but Kotite is smarter and funnier

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Yeah he's trying. Trying to create a circus like atmosphere for brand and headline purposes rather than build a true winner ignoring the backpage aspect of it.

1. Need the cap guys to handle this but I believe we are a few million under the cap, we also have no play makers.

2. He's shown more than a willingness to fire coaches who cannot produce back page headlines. The present HC is a bully, a blow hart, who does not discipline his team when deserved. He's everything you'd teach a young person to NOT be. All talk with little to back it up. It is any surprise that his players talk smack in the most ridiculous of situations?

3. At every game but still does not have a grip on how most JETS fans feel about him and the current embarassing state of the JETS that he created.

4. When he's not at the game he goes on TV and talks about Mitt Romney being his number one priority or hires Patriots fan and WWE wrestler John Cena to be the honorary captain for the NY JETS. You'd think he'd just stay away from the subject after the contoversy of the captain's "C" with this team from sheer embarassment purposes.

Lets add that he totally threw Mangini under the bus by forcing a trade for Favre. A second year HC that is trying to be respected and impliment discipline to his team does not need a HOF QB who refuses to retire and expects special treatment. It was and proved to be a recipe for disaster.

Woody Johnson has presently created an awful work environment for Sanchez to ever have the possibility of succeeding by forcing a trade for Tebow.

Yet, Woody Johnson continues to throw darts by telling the world how he loves Tebow.

The JETS are a collasal embarassment because of him. Worse than Leon Hess.
    It's great to start out my morning with such a fine post.

If Woody Johnson wants to make money more than he wants to win, then he has that right. It's his team. It sucks for all of the fine Jets fans, but it's a fact of NFL life these days. Being an NFL owner is a license to print money.

Then again, an owner like Jerry Jones probably wants to win more than make money, but it isn't working for him either.

1 - The best part of the current setup of the NFL is that a team can turn things around quickly. One of the play makers the Jets miss is Leon Washington. As a Pats fan I was always concerned about him.

2 - Keeping Ryan proves the point you're making as much as anything, that to Johnson it's all about the headlines. Ryan's a disgrace.

3 - I think far too many rich folks are out of touch with the average fan. Even Bob Kraft let a little of that slip out this off-season when he complained that the NFL was "tapped out" of fans, and needed to expand globally. People like him expect to make a 10% profit, and when it turns into only 6% they act as though they took a 4% loss.

4 - To say that Johnson is making mistakes only scratches the surface. Every move he makes seems to be a wrong one. Until he becomes a more silent and less meddlesome owner the Jets are probably in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    can`t go by that because those in the 18,000+ range just spew the same crap over and over.

Sent from my SG3-T666 using a freebie Tapakegerator 2

You also have to take into account the amount of off-topic posts they make compared to Jets posts.