Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Jets fans should stay home Sunday and send Woody a message

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Copernicus criticism of Woody simply cannot be seperated from Woody's position on the election as a supporter of Romney. Copernicus would loathe Woody for that and that alone regardless of what he did or did not do with the Jets.

I'll repeat what I said back then, anyone, ANYONE who think the Jets W/L record is more important than our Presidential Election is a mouth breathing idiot, and their opinions should not be taken seriously by anyone.
    Funny. I think that anyone who gets fired up over politics - especially when the choices are Obama and Romney is a mouth breathing idiot and should not be taken seriously. They both suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    I like the chant idea. Maybe we can brainstorm some good ones here between now and Sunday. Then perhaps we can all commit to drinking an extra few beers in the lots to lower our inhibitions so we can chant more meanly if called for (or cheer more loudly if appropriate....this is a win-win)
    Maybe you can root for your team to win.

Boy are a lot of people going to be disappointed if the Jets put up a good performance Sunday. You won't be able to do your chants!

Keep calling the team an embarrassment, keep calling the front office an embarrassment. The biggest embarrassment of all is the fans.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post

Boy are a lot of people going to be disappointed if the Jets put up a good performance Sunday. You won't be able to do your chants!

Keep calling the team an embarrassment, keep calling the front office an embarrassment. The biggest embarrassment of all is the fans.
    The Jets are the Mets of the NFL. Both are poorly run organizations. Keep telling yourself otherwise. If something doesn't change we are going to be in for a lot of dark years.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

We will keep calling the team ,the owner & the front office an embarrassment, but NEVER would I call all the fans who have paid for Season tickets 20 -30-40--plus years & paid the extortion PSL fee to watch this lousey run football team don`t call us embarrassing for finally getting fed up with this Crap!

Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    The Jets are the Mets of the NFL. Both are poorly run organizations. Keep telling yourself otherwise. If something doesn't change we are going to be in for a lot of dark years.
    And two years ago we were on the brink of a bright, bright future. Things change in an instant in the NFL, and can be recovered from in an instant. Baseball is different.

Fans getting hyped to go to a game to spew venom is pathetic. You think the front office and coaching staff is happy? You think they don't realize that changes need to be made? There's no reason look forward to making things worse.

Jets fans, complain about misery and revel in it at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post

We will keep calling the team ,the owner & the front office an embarrassment, but NEVER would I call all the fans who have paid for Season tickets 20 -30-40--plus years & paid the extortion PSL fee to watch this lousey run football team don`t call us embarrassing for finally getting fed up with this Crap!
    No one put a gun to your head. If they are so lousy and you felt extorted, then why did you do it?

To me that sounds like a pretty crappy investment if it makes you so miserable.

Jets Insider VIP
    I stopped at

Per NY Post report

And as for our resident "teachers are perfect" advocate, UFTernicus......

Mr Johnson is an an American and thus is entitled to vote for, support, and contribute to whomever he wishes.

I disagree with his choice but will support his right to his choice

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

And two years ago we were on the brink of a bright, bright future. Things change in an instant in the NFL, and can be recovered from in an instant. Baseball is different.

Fans getting hyped to go to a game to spew venom is pathetic. You think the front office and coaching staff is happy? You think they don't realize that changes need to be made? There's no reason look forward to making things worse.

Jets fans, complain about misery and revel in it at the same time.
    I guess you have not read up on the cap situation. Are you aware of the guaranteed money Sanchez and Holmes will be getting next year? Fans voicing their displeasure is what fans are supposed to do. There is nothing more pathetic than someone who just sits there and swallows whatever crap is being fed to them.

Jets Insider VIP
    I guess you have not read up on the cap situation. Are you aware of the guaranteed money Sanchez and Holmes will be getting next year? Fans voicing their displeasure is what fans are supposed to do. There is nothing more pathetic than someone who just sits there and swallows whatever crap is being fed to them.
    And don't forget those pathetic people, pete,....the ones you call stupid sheep...who go to the games and root for the team

Who's swallowing crap? I'm being objective. Fans looking forward to going to a game so they can boo their team is about as irrational, subjective and as personal as you can take something. The "I'm going to show them!" mentality is absurd. Fans are supposed to voice their displeasure, but planning on it ahead of time without being provoked is pathetic. Say the Jets jump out to a 14-0 lead Sunday, your Woody Sucks! and Refund! chants are going to sound real out of place.

Root for your team to win, stop rooting for your team to fail and then complain when they do fail.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    And don't forget those pathetic people, pete,....the ones you call stupid sheep...who go to the games and root for the team

You should go and root for the team. I am sure the players are playing hard. They are just not very good. But there is nothing wrong with voicing your displeasure with ownership, FO and coaching either. As far as I am concerned it is those three facets of the team that put us in this position. That is where the blame should be placed.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

No one put a gun to your head. If they are so lousy and you felt extorted, then why did you do it?

To me that sounds like a pretty crappy investment if it makes you so miserable.
    No-no one put a gun to my head. & these tickets weren`t brought as a investment ,they we brought as a weekend relief, and the reason I paid for my 4- $5,000 PSL`s when so many of my long time fellow season ticket holders said no -Fing way was because I felt the friends I had made at these games home & road games we attended made it worth puttting up with a bad team, while we were waiting for our new billionaire owner to build us a winning team, but that hasn`t happened & we are tired of playing second fiddle to our SB champion brother giants, JET FANS want & deserve more/better!
    Last edited by joiseyjet; 11-29-2012 at 01:46 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Who's swallowing crap? I'm being objective. Fans looking forward to going to a game so they can boo their team is about as irrational, subjective and as personal as you can take something. The "I'm going to show them!" mentality is absurd. Fans are supposed to voice their displeasure, but planning on it ahead of time without being provoked is pathetic. Say the Jets jump out to a 14-0 lead Sunday, your Woody Sucks! and Refund! chants are going to sound real out of place.

Root for your team to win, stop rooting for your team to fail and then complain when they do fail.
    One good showing against a crappy team means nothing. I am not rooting for them to fail and never would. However I am being realistic when I say that serious change needs to happen here. Too many bad decisions and poor coaching have led us here. Call out those responsible.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    No-no one put a gun to my head. & these tickets weren`t brought as a investment ,they we brought as a weekend relief, and the reason I paid for my 4- $5,000 PSL`s when so many of my long time fellow season ticket holders said no -Fing way was because I felt the friends I had made at these games home & road games we attended made it worth puttting up with a bad team, while our new billionaire owner built us a winning team, but that hasn`t happened & we are tired of playing second fiddle to our SB champion brother giants, JET FANS want & deserve more/better!
    Go ask a Browns fan what it's like to not have a winning team.

You likely bought your PSL either right before, or in the midst of going to two AFC championship games. What bad team were you putting up with?

And stop worry about the Giants.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

43 years without a Super Bowl or SB appearance. A piss poor season and a dismal future is not provocation?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Go ask a Browns fan what it's like to not have a winning team.

You likely bought your PSL either right before, or in the midst of going to two AFC championship games. What bad team were you putting up with?

And stop worry about the Giants.
    Isn't that when they went on sale?

One good showing against a crappy team means nothing. I am not rooting for them to fail and never would. However I am being realistic when I say that serious change needs to happen here. Too many bad decisions and poor coaching have led us here. Call out those responsible.
    I'm not saying you're personally rooting for them to fail, but a chunk of the people in this thread are.

And I agree that change needs to happen. I guess we just have differing opinions on addressing that change. Showing up and booing doesn't make a difference if you're the type of fan believes Woody is only about the money. You would be falling right into his money-grubbing trap. He's got you hook, line and sinker.

Staying home does. But if you're not going to stay home, here's a crazy thought. Have some fun on Sunday and enjoy yourself. Stop planning this Occupy Metlife movement.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

If you already paid for your tickets, what is the point of not showing up? I have tickets for the Chargers game and looking forward to going. I've been saying this for the past twelve years that I've been posting on this board and will once again add this to my signature:

"Never Let The Game Interfere With The Party."
    Limolady ~ circa season 2002.

I'll bet Brain Costello will be there with his FREE parking & press pass, that's for sure.

43 years without a Super Bowl or SB appearance. A piss poor season and a dismal future is not provocation?
    Is it too irrational to believe that the owner, front office and coaching staff is just as frustrated as the fans? And that adding to that frustration helps no one.

If so, I'm the irrational one.