Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets/Chargers Still a Sunday Night Game?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets/Chargers Still a Sunday Night Game?

Is this game still a Sunday night game, the day before Christmas eve? The league hasn't "flexed" the schedule & put a more important game on at that time?

I hate these Sunday, Monday and Thursday night home games. Really sucks for those season ticket holders with children....

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd be shocked if that game wasn't flexed to 4pm

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    Yep. I'm sick of primetime games anyway. The Jets always suck in them and it's embarrassing.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't there a cut-off date for when games can be flexed?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Isn't there a cut-off date for when games can be flexed?

Every game after I think week 8 or 9 is decided 12-13 days before the game except week 17 when it's 6 days before.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    tbd

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Should know by 12/11 if the game is still at night...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope it stays. I hate prime time games BUT it will be an excellent opportunity for the fans to voice their displeasure on national TV. Although some of us will be pacified with wins that will come from the easy schedule before then.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's no way the NFL puts that game on in prime time.

They'd get better ratings with a ShamWow infomercial.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
    There's no way the NFL puts that game on in prime time.

They'd get better ratings with a ShamWow infomercial.

Nice 2nd post.....unless of course.....its not.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Nice 2nd post.....unless of course.....its not.
    Yeah...I got kicked out of the gangrene forum for suggesting that fans should boycott the Thanksgiving nite game.

My timing was off.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmat321 View Post
    Is this game still a Sunday night game, the day before Christmas eve? The league hasn't "flexed" the schedule & put a more important game on at that time?

I hate these Sunday, Monday and Thursday night home games. Really sucks for those season ticket holders with children....
    really sucks for STHs who have jobs too. It`s one main reason why I gave up tickets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    really sucks for STHs who have jobs too. It`s one main reason why I gave up tickets.
    We know, Ray

You've posted it 400 times in all three of your identities.

I sympathize Ray...it's hard to eat burnt wings and slug down your three gallons of beer before a night game, then sway and swerve home in time for the next days job

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by sg3; 11-28-2012 at 08:40 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd be shocked if that game wasn't canceled
    Fixed.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    We know, Ray

You've posted it 400 times in all three of your identities.

I sympathize Ray...it's hard to eat burnt wings and slug down your three gallons of beer before a night game, then sweve home in time for the next days job

you`ve been calling me Ray for weeks now. Whatever. One thing I don`t need from you is sympathy. I pity you fools who bought in to those PSL things. A mere pittance as you call it. Fortunately for you, you only purchase one ticket for yourself. A mere pittance for sure. Would you buy in for say, 4 PSLs + the ticket costs? I would love to know just how much a fan you really are. I`m certain a selfish person would NOT buy 4 PSLs. He would only purchase one $30,000 PSL for himself and say screw the family. You come off to everyone here and other places on the internet as that person. Why didn`t you just purchase a coaches club PSL? You are the megafan of all fans. Or are you not?

I also heard that you "borrow" burnt wings from other fans(some guy called Grunt). Why is that? Do you not bring your own tailgating items when you tailgate? I find that to be quite pathetic. I`m sure others here find it that way too. You can call me what you want. You can call me Ray, Jay, Ray J, RJJ, but you don`t have to call me Johnson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoYsfbq3vMc

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    you`ve been calling me Ray for weeks now. Whatever. One thing I don`t need from you is sympathy. I pity you fools who bought in to those PSL things. A mere pittance as you call it. Fortunately for you, you only purchase one ticket for yourself. A mere pittance for sure. Would you buy in for say, 4 PSLs + the ticket costs? I would love to know just how much a fan you really are. I`m certain a selfish person would NOT buy 4 PSLs. He would only purchase one $30,000 PSL for himself and say screw the family. You come off to everyone here and other places on the internet as that person. Why didn`t you just purchase a coaches club PSL? You are the megafan of all fans. Or are you not?

I also heard that you "borrow" burnt wings from other fans(some guy called Grunt). Why is that? Do you not bring your own tailgating items when you tailgate? I find that to be quite pathetic. I`m sure others here find it that way too. You can call me what you want. You can call me Ray, Jay, Ray J, RJJ, but you don`t have to call me Johnson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoYsfbq3vMc
    Apparently Dcat thrice permabanned ray has started guzzling his daily three gallons of beer early this AM....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Usually games are flexed 10 days before the game, so we'll probably find out the Tuesday after the Jacksonville game. If I had to guess it's already been discussed that this game will be moved to either 1:00 or 4:05pm. FOX holds the double-header that day, therefore they have the national game. As of now Giants-Ravens, a protected FOX game, is slated for 1:00pm. That game could be moved to 4:25 as the national game, allowing Jets-Chargers to go to 1:00pm as opposed to 4:05 on CBS.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Fixed.
    THATS awesome!

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Usually games are flexed 10 days before the game, so we'll probably find out the Tuesday after the Jacksonville game. If I had to guess it's already been discussed that this game will be moved to either 1:00 or 4:05pm. FOX holds the double-header that day, therefore they have the national game. As of now Giants-Ravens, a protected FOX game, is slated for 1:00pm. That game could be moved to 4:25 as the national game, allowing Jets-Chargers to go to 1:00pm as opposed to 4:05 on CBS.
    You would think if it was going to be moved at all, it would be to the 4pm spot ,then 2east coast teams fans & 1west coast teams fans get the game at 1pm & only the JET fans get screwed playing at 4pm when the sun starts setting on us

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't know this was even a night game. Haha. I like night games. I don't get weekends off so I atleast know I'll make the night games. That being said, no shot this stays a night game.