Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If Barkley, Murray, or Wilson ......

If Barkley, Murray, or Wilson ......

Some how if any of these 3 are still on the board by the start of the second round, trading up should be a high priority. trade your second round and 4th or 5th round pick to get one of these guys. Brings in young talent, QUALITY backup behind Sanchez with all 3 having better arms then McElroy. blows real fire up Sanchez ass to either shape up or GTFO.
    Last edited by PrivateJoker6; 11-28-2012 at 01:01 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Who is going to block, or run the rock?

Aaron Murray should be around in the second due to his height, he is only 6'1 and does have a tendency to have balls batted down.

That being said, I like him very much as a guy who can come in next year and sit challenge sanchez to be a starter.

He is extremely athletic, has a stronger arm then both Barkley and Smith, is very accurate and while he does force throws, does not throw a lot of INTs.

He has also been touted as an excellent leader and played on both good and bad teams at Georgia.

Saturday at 4:00 pm will make or break his draft position. He has not played well vs good defenses and will face one of the best in Alabama. Every Jet fan should be watching that game so see what this kid has got.

Jets Insider VIP
    We need to trade back to get more picks not up. This team has holes all over. We need to bunch of youth and speed to fill these positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Who is going to block, or run the rock?
    Having a top QB masks a few problems. Look at Washington and Indy. They were disasters last year and a new Rookie QB has made these teams relevant again. And I think we have more talent than those two teams had coming into this year.

NO to Matt Barkley. I don't care if he's around in the 3rd round

Veteran
    Another USC QB is not what the doctor is ordering.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen314 View Post
    Another USC QB is not what the doctor is ordering.
    I don't believe just because 2 quarterback come from the same school means anything about their performance or play. Barkley was a lot smarter. Stayed in school to develop longer even though he was pretty much guaranteed top 5-7 pick last year. Tuned his skills a little more. And could you just imagine if we draft marques lee or robert woods along with him. I know realistically that can not happen but you never know. Could be deadly combo. Again, total hypothetical.

As for running the rock, i do like what i see in Bilal Powell as a COMPLIMENTARY back moving forward but there is no doubt that this issue needs to be fixed. Shonn Greene is a avg to below avg back. I personally wouldn't mind dealing kyle wilson along with another player or pick and getting a quality back either through the draft or trading with other teams. Thats if Revis is on our team next year.

Draft Bray and let him sit for a year. Bring in a vet to bridge the gap, possibly cut Sanchez and eat some of the loss this year to get better savings in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Draft Bray and let him sit for a year. Bring in a vet to bridge the gap, possibly cut Sanchez and eat some of the loss this year to get better savings in 2014.
    i wouldn't mind drafting Bray. 6-6. 34 TD's 12 INT. Statistically a Top 10 QB in the NCAA. Better passing stats then Barkley, Wilson, and Murray.

Might come at a cheaper price too.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by PrivateJoker6 View Post
    i wouldn't mind drafting Bray. 6-6. 34 TD's 12 INT. Statistically a Top 10 QB in the NCAA. Better passing stats then Barkley, Wilson, and Murray.

Might come at a cheaper price too.

Don't get fooled by those stats-- Bray is not good

Quote Originally Posted by PrivateJoker6 View Post
    Some how if any of these 3 are still on the board by the start of the second round, trading up should be a high priority. trade your second round and 4th or 5th round pick to get one of these guys. Brings in young talent, QUALITY backup behind Sanchez with all 3 having better arms then McElroy. blows real fire up Sanchez ass to either shape up or GTFO.
    This is just the wrong way to treat the draft...

We absolutely have to fill a huge need at QB, but you don't just pick any of the guys available when you are there. Just because they are the consensus top 5 means nothing...

The idea behind the draft is to predict what the QB will be in the pros. And then trust that judgement. Most guys I grade out at QB are players I would not draft.

The only people who care about the term "good value" are the retards who know nothing. 3 years down the road people don't remember what the hell value is. They just remember whether the player turned out good or bad.

RG3 being a great example. Loved him as a player, simply wouldn't have drafted him in the 1st round simply based on his propensity to get concussions. Any significant hit seems to rattle his brain. I think this particular fact is going to hold him back significantly in his career and I wouldn't have drafted him anywhere in the 1st round because of it.

As for Barkley, I wouldn't take him either. He has two of the best weapons in college at receiver, yet struggled at times. I also don't like the offense he runs and now you are talking about a pretty significant shoulder injury.

The guy I'm interested in watching is Glennon.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Aaron Murray should be around in the second due to his height, he is only 6'1 and does have a tendency to have balls batted down.

That being said, I like him very much as a guy who can come in next year and sit challenge sanchez to be a starter.

He is extremely athletic, has a stronger arm then both Barkley and Smith, is very accurate and while he does force throws, does not throw a lot of INTs.

He has also been touted as an excellent leader and played on both good and bad teams at Georgia.

Saturday at 4:00 pm will make or break his draft position. He has not played well vs good defenses and will face one of the best in Alabama. Every Jet fan should be watching that game so see what this kid has got.
    Even if he plays well vs Alabama, he had a lot of opportunities to prove himself against good competition but he never too advantage. He only build his resume against terrible teams and that with one of the most talented teams in the country.

Wilson is another story.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I say we call the Redskins right after the season and see what it would take to trade for Kirk Cousins.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    Tennessee wasn't very good. He has all the talent in the world but there are rumors that he is immature. If he interviews well though, he would be a great guy to sit and learn for a year.

You're all lying to yourselves if you think the Tanny/Rex regime is taking a QB in the 1st or 2nd rounds next year. It's the sad truth.

Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    Bray is a tools quarterback, he has played on a very shaky Tennessee team. You need a strong OC/QB coach combo to develop him, but he has monster upside. That's what you look for in a second round QB IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    Even if he plays well vs Alabama, he had a lot of opportunities to prove himself against good competition but he never too advantage. He only build his resume against terrible teams and that with one of the most talented teams in the country.

Wilson is another story.
    He didnt play great, but he also didnt attempt many passes in those games as Georgia is a "run the ball and play great defense" team. Also, he didnt really "pad" the stats he is simply very efficient which is what you want.

Do you mean tyler wilson? He is pretty inacurate especially compared to murray?

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

Drafting another short QB that will get a ton of passes batted down makes me squeamish. Our next QB better be in the 6'4-6'6 range.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Drafting another short QB that will get a ton of passes batted down makes me squeamish. Our next QB better be in the 6'4-6'6 range.
    I agree, I dont love the height thing, but its about the player.

Also, drafting is not a situation where if you get burned by one thing you let it affect everything you did. Look at detroit...they could have easily said NO MORE WRS and passed on megatron