Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If Barkley, Murray, or Wilson ......

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    Don't get fooled by those stats-- Bray is not good
    Professional NFL scouts get QB scouting wrong every year. Which is why there are so many QB draft busts along with QB draft successes. If people thought Rodgers & Brady would turn out like they have they would have been #1 overall picks.

Quote Originally Posted by PrivateJoker6 View Post
    I don't believe just because 2 quarterback come from the same school means anything about their performance or play. Barkley was a lot smarter. Stayed in school to develop longer even though he was pretty much guaranteed top 5-7 pick last year. Tuned his skills a little more. And could you just imagine if we draft marques lee or robert woods along with him. I know realistically that can not happen but you never know. Could be deadly combo. Again, total hypothetical.

As for running the rock, i do like what i see in Bilal Powell as a COMPLIMENTARY back moving forward but there is no doubt that this issue needs to be fixed. Shonn Greene is a avg to below avg back. I personally wouldn't mind dealing kyle wilson along with another player or pick and getting a quality back either through the draft or trading with other teams. Thats if Revis is on our team next year.
    Two?

Marinovich
    Palmer
    Cassell
    Leinart
    Booty
    Sanchez

Anybody thinking anything you see a QB do successfully has ANY bearing on his potential in the NFL is out of his mind. The PAC 12 sucks. West Coasters should stay out there.

I don't believe just because 2 quarterback come from the same school means anything about their performance or play. Barkley was a lot smarter. Stayed in school to develop longer even though he was pretty much guaranteed top 5-7 pick last year. Tuned his skills a little more. And could you just imagine if we draft marques lee or robert woods along with him. I know realistically that can not happen but you never know. Could be deadly combo. Again, total hypothetical.

Matt Leinart stayed in school for his senior season to "develop longer."

The only USC QB worth a damn in the last 15 years has been Carson Palmer and his career got derailed due to injuries.

I agree with your original premise... take a QB in the second and let him compete/develop in year one without the expectation or necessity of him starting right off the bat. However, I'm a much bigger fan of taking a guy with better physical tools. Guys like Logan Thomas and Tyler Bray fit that bill. Matt Barkley does not.

For those wanting Barkley, just know that he managed to lead the NCAA in INTs despite playing with 2 future 1st round picks at WR and only one team in the entire conference that plays any D. The turnovers would scare me, especially coming out of the Mark Sanchez era.

Tony Pauline likes EJ Manuel as a developmental prospect, kid does have nice tools.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Draft Bray and let him sit for a year. Bring in a vet to bridge the gap, possibly cut Sanchez and eat some of the loss this year to get better savings in 2014.
    I want nothing to do with Bray.

Supposedly he's a total douchebag who has had his commitment to football come into question. He was just benched against Vanderbilt two weeks ago as well.

Tyler Wilson is still far and away my favorite QB in this draft class. Tough kid who is known as a great leader and has a good arm. Also eats, sleeps and breathes football. I have no idea why so many have completely soured on him. I'd nab him in the 2nd round in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by Untouchable; 11-28-2012 at 03:30 PM.

Not a fan of many of the QBs coming out this year. Especially the ones projected for Rd 1 and probably even in Rd 2. Maybe a guy like Zac Dysart from Miami OH or Mike Glennon of NC state in 3 or 4.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    Not a fan of many of the QBs coming out this year. Especially the ones projected for Rd 1 and probably even in Rd 2. Maybe a guy like Zac Dysart from Miami OH or Mike Glennon of NC state in 3 or 4.
    Glennon will be the second QB off the board, behind Barkley.

Quote Originally Posted by Suffering View Post
    Glennon will be the second QB off the board, behind Barkley.
    Glennon is my guy also. he is not ready for the NFL in any way shape or form. I would not be surprised to see Denver take him in the 2nd, and develop him like the pats are doing with Mallet

If Barkley fell to the 2nd by all means trade up and draft him. He is a much better prospect then he gets credit for. Barkley is actually a good QB regardless what school he is from. USC has had a lot of crap QB that where just over rated because they played in a "pro style O". Which is BS because NO college runs a true pro O. And how where some of those guys over rated for that matter? Cassel was he even drafted? Booty was like a 6th rounder. Palmer was easy the best QB of 2003 and has had an OK career. If Sanchez was that we'd be thrilled right now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Some how if any of these 3 are still on the board by the start of the second round, trading up should be a high priority. trade your second round and 4th or 5th round pick to get one of these guys. Brings in young talent, QUALITY backup behind Sanchez with all 3 having better arms then McElroy. blows real fire up Sanchez ass to either shape up or GTFO.
    SUCkCHEZ? I'd rather we sign a real QB and have him compete with our resident loser at the QB position. i WISH WE HAD chad henne as a backup or starter! No trading up at the expense of young talent. We need all the help we can get. I also disagree with you about McElroy! Our system calles for a game manager. He is quite qualified to do that as he did it at Alabama and won a Championship. I am sure that you being a Suckchez apologist did not see it but during preseason he was the only Jets QB to score a TD. And he worked on his arm strength all off season and it looked quite improved. Just sayin.....

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    We need to trade back to get more picks not up. This team has holes all over. We need to bunch of youth and speed to fill these positions.
    Only if we have a different guy calling the shots on draft day.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    Tony Pauline likes EJ Manuel as a developmental prospect, kid does have nice tools.
    I want to keep an eye on him, but he was horrible vs Gators.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Drafting another short QB that will get a ton of passes batted down makes me squeamish. Our next QB better be in the 6'4-6'6 range.
    Being short isn't the problem in some cases; it's the delivery. If your QB has a delivery like Brees, you won't have a big problem with batted balls. On the other hand, having a 3/4 delivery or if you throw the ball like Rivers, you'll have more balls batted down than normal.

All Pro

Sean Renfree

I don't care what anyone says. This is the QB the Jets should draft and he's a 2nd day pick, maybe even a 3rd day. The Kid is smart , reads defenses well having being taught by the same guy who coached the Manning boys, Tough as Nails when u consider the beatings he take behind the Duke non existant offensive line and most importantly accurate.

Sean Renfree's Career Completion Stats
    Year G/GS Comp Att Pct. Yards TD INT Lg
    2009 5/0 34 50 .680 330 4 2 31
    2010 12/11 285 464 .614 3,131 14 17 70
    2011 12/12 282 434 .650 2,891 14 11 70
    Total 29/23 601 948 .634 6,352 32 30 70

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    The dude is terrible. He's a big tall mark Sanchez. The next defense he reads will be his 1st. I would rather draft the short kid at Cuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Schadenfreude View Post
    Being short isn't the problem in some cases; it's the delivery. If your QB has a delivery like Brees, you won't have a big problem with batted balls. On the other hand, having a 3/4 delivery or if you throw the ball like Rivers, you'll have more balls batted down than normal.
    Best QBs under 6'4 starting. Usually these are the guys that are draft bargains. Unless it is a Vick.

1 Rodgers
    2 Brees
    3 Stafford
    4 RG3
    5 Romo
    6 Dalton
    7 Wilson
    8 Fitz
    9 Vick
    10 Cutler

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I want nothing to do with Bray.

Supposedly he's a total douchebag who has had his commitment to football come into question. He was just benched against Vanderbilt two weeks ago as well.

Tyler Wilson is still far and away my favorite QB in this draft class. Tough kid who is known as a great leader and has a good arm. Also eats, sleeps and breathes football. I have no idea why so many have completely soured on him. I'd nab him in the 2nd round in a heartbeat.
    Because he is short and inaccurate.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Glennon is my guy also. he is not ready for the NFL in any way shape or form. I would not be surprised to see Denver take him in the 2nd, and develop him like the pats are doing with Mallet
    Denver took a developmental qb last yr in Osweiler, don't see them targeting a qb. That being said, I'm also on the Glennon bandwagon and think he will rise to a fringe first rounder come draft day when NFL scouts starting giving their opinions.

If you do not watch college ball, here is a quick read on Glennon.

I do not think the Jets will be looking QB in RD 1, but if they do end up in the middle of the pack and this guy is on the board, I think they have to take a shot. Sanchez is finished.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...b-draft-boards