Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So do we still think Joe knows what he's talking about?

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    E
    G
    D

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Eat Granola and Die? Eat Gorganzola and Die? Eat Grandma & Die?

Hall Of Fame
    Namath knows Sanchez stinks.

He is not going to kick the kid when he is down. That is all.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

He's been right more often then wrong so I don't see why he can't be right here.

Unless the QB is a top 5 guy, few would be successful under these circumstances of talent ranging from talent to poor all around him(mostly poor) plus a new offensive system by a coordinator with questionable qualifications.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Eat Granola and Die? Eat Gorganzola and Die? Eat Grandma & Die?
    Would you please act like a mod?

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Would you please act like a mod?
    That's all I do......................................."act".

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Namath knows Sanchez stinks.

He is not going to kick the kid when he is down. That is all.
    He never had a problem with kicking us when we were down, so why hold back on Sanchez?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    Houston, Detroit, Cleveland, and one other 4th qrt. comeback led by Sanchez. Plus ripping the Pats a new azz in the playoffs, 3 td's and beating the colts with two nice throws in the end. All in 2010.

Stop with the nonsense. Present issues do not erase past success.
    Ok in that case Rex desrves just as much leeway. Rex's defensive gameplan was nothing short of masterful and stymied a Pats offense that hung 45 points the last time they played. The Jets D had more to do with that win than Sanchez.

All Pro
    I agree with him in the sense that if we had a better supporting cast around Mark, he would play better, but anyway you slice it Mark will never develop to be a great QB. Mark's ceiling is Alex Smith under Harbaugh......

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JetStream View Post
    He never had a problem with kicking us when we were down, so why hold back on Sanchez?
    Knocking the organization is one thing. Singling out a person is another. Nobody wants to look like a bully. Plus I think he feels sorry for him.

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Here is the main problem. We're very far from the right supporting cast. So it's time to find a QB that can truly make a difference without top 5 everthing.
    Here's what our offense needs in a nutshell:

1) True #1 WR who stretch the field.

2) Big Interior O-line Players at both Guard spots

3) Blocking Tight End who can seal the edge

4) Running backs who can actually chip block

5) Offensive Coordinator who isn't inept (like Shotty) or conservative (Sparano)

#Wanna know why Peyton Manning turned us down? He knew last March we had none of that and Tanny was in no rush to plug those holes. He knew Elway in Denver wouldn't set him up for failure but Tanny would.

somebody needs to tell joe that if sanchez increased his reception total by one measily pass each game he'd be above 60% completions. sanchez misses receivers because he's indecisive. when he knows where he wants to throw to, he's pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by JetStream View Post
    Basically he's saying that Mark can still be good with the right cast around him and if he works at it.

He's been right on with most of his criticism, so maybe he's right here...

With talent around him, Sanchez can be a serviceable game-manager. But, that's ALL he can be.

Personally, I don't think you should have to have all-pro talent around you to get you to not run into your lineman's ass. Just me, doe.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    somebody needs to tell joe that if sanchez increased his reception total by one measily pass each game he'd be above 60% completions. sanchez misses receivers because he's indecisive. when he knows where he wants to throw to, he's pretty good.

Well said....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    I agree, when his primary receiver gets separation Sanchez usually delivers.

The problem is, he has no clue how to read his 2nd and 3rd progressions.

That's why he is a bottom 5 NFL QB.

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Here is the main problem. We're very far from the right supporting cast. So it's time to find a QB that can truly make a difference without top 5 everthing.
    The problem is we have a top 25 nothing aside from Mangold, Brick and maybe Keller and there are probably 4 of those guys in the entire league and we'll never get them, so for now it's better to build some depth and talent at RT, RB and WR and get a solid backup QB.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Here's what our offense needs in a nutshell:

1) True #1 WR who stretch the field.

2) Big Interior O-line Players at both Guard spots

3) Blocking Tight End who can seal the edge

4) Running backs who can actually chip block

5) Offensive Coordinator who isn't inept (like Shotty) or conservative (Sparano)

#Wanna know why Peyton Manning turned us down? He knew last March we had none of that and Tanny was in no rush to plug those holes. He knew Elway in Denver wouldn't set him up for failure but Tanny would.

Nah, let's just trade a bunch of picks to get some kid who's never played a down of pro football and ignore everything else

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    Ok in that case Rex desrves just as much leeway. Rex's defensive gameplan was nothing short of masterful and stymied a Pats offense that hung 45 points the last time they played. The Jets D had more to do with that win than Sanchez.
    That's why they have 22 guys on the field, and when it's playoff time no one person is gonna win it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by HuntinJet View Post
    Well said....
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    I agree, when his primary receiver gets separation Sanchez usually delivers.

The problem is, he has no clue how to read his 2nd and 3rd progressions.

That's why he is a bottom 5 NFL QB.
    From what I've seen, you are both wrong. Even on most his completions, Sanchez is inaccurate which leads to receivers not being able to get much in way of YAC. He's behind on slants, underthows a lot of deep balls and drifts sideline throws to the outside causing receivers to go out of bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Too much booze over the years, getting up there in age. Listen to him talk these days, he sounds like a punch-drunk fighter. Great icon for the organization, but what comes out of his mouth these days needs to be taken with a huge grain of salt
    A shot of tequila and a lime

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    From what I've seen, you are both wrong. Even on most his completions, Sanchez is inaccurate which leads to receivers not being able to get much in way of YAC. He's behind on slants, underthows a lot of deep balls and drifts sideline throws to the outside causing receivers to go out of bounds.
    A Tebow Cultist discussing accuracy in QBs...

Oh the ironing

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2