Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So do we still think Joe knows what he's talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    Houston, Detroit, Cleveland, and one other 4th qrt. comeback led by Sanchez. Plus ripping the Pats a new azz in the playoffs, 3 td's and beating the colts with two nice throws in the end. All in 2010.

Stop with the nonsense. Present issues do not erase past success.
    Let's not rewrite history here. Yes, the Jets controlled the game against NE and Mark had a good game but don't rewrite history like he was dominating.

He had good field position because the defense caused 3 fumbles and an interception off of NE. He still only had about 190 yards passing. It's not like he was Joe Montana out there.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    A Tebow Cultist discussing accuracy in QBs...

Oh the ironing

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

You pretending to have a freaking clue.

Oh, the stupidity.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    You pretending to have a freaking clue.

Oh, the stupidity.
    Go milk the chickens and pray at your St Timmy shrine

Please God cut this POS soon

Go milk the chickens and pray at your St Timmy shrine

Please God cut this POS soon

How is Tim a POS? Because you don't like his fans? Talk about shooting the wrong guy.

Jets Insider VIP
    As a person he's a good one

As a quarterback he has less than zero skills

Hopefully he proves that next season elsewhere

As a person he's a good one

As a quarterback he has less than zero skills

Hopefully he proves that next season elsewhere

Still doesn't make him a POS.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Still doesn't make him a POS.
    Cut gramps some slack.

It's early and he probably had too much cough syrup last night.

The mans lead two games without any offensive POINTS this season and is a turnover machine.

People are at disagreements on Sanchez because there are two types of people when it comes to him. It's either the people who look at his stats and people who watch the games.

Sure Sanchez went 21-30 for 300 or something yardage, which is good for the stats guys. But for people that watched the game they saw him have 2 crucial (and embarrassing) turnovers, and that most of his throws was in garbage time in the 4th Qtr.

Sanchez is not the answer.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    I'm not saying we'll find him but Sanchez is done in NY. We must continue our search for a legit QB.
    ok im not ready just yet to give up on Sanchez like many here but thats not the point.

Either way we have to continue to try and put talent around the QB position no matter who it is or is going to be.

We cant just bank of drafting another guy and hope he is the next Manning and can turn water into wine.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Here's what our offense needs in a nutshell:

1) True #1 WR who stretch the field.

2) Big Interior O-line Players at both Guard spots

3) Blocking Tight End who can seal the edge

4) Running backs who can actually chip block

5) Offensive Coordinator who isn't inept (like Shotty) or conservative (Sparano)

#Wanna know why Peyton Manning turned us down? He knew last March we had none of that and Tanny was in no rush to plug those holes. He knew Elway in Denver wouldn't set him up for failure but Tanny would.
    A complete load of crap!

Enough with the revisionist history and story telling!

Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Let's not rewrite history here. Yes, the Jets controlled the game against NE and Mark had a good game but don't rewrite history like he was dominating.

He had good field position because the defense caused 3 fumbles and an interception off of NE. He still only had about 190 yards passing. It's not like he was Joe Montana out there.
    So from a post full of facts, your response is a bunch of crap and spin.

LOL who is rewriting history?

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Namath knows Sanchez stinks.

He is not going to kick the kid when he is down. That is all.
    Sorry but I don't buy it.

Joe has been right for so many years and yet all we've done is mock him and his views.

Only recently did we ACKNOWLEDGE the things he's already seen with this team.

At this point, I'm valuing his OPINION more than I value anyone else's.

So if he says that Mark can still be a "championship QB with the right supporting cast around him", I believe him.

*BUT* that said, he won't be one on this NY Jets team.

He needs a fresh start ELSEWHERE 'cause he's proven that he's NOT the QB(understatement) that the Jets need.

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Namath should stick to trying to kiss Suzy.

He is right in some regards, primarily that Mark's development was doomed by the ignorance to the fact that he had two years as a starter overall then was thrown right to the wolves.

But beyond that, this team and Mark both need to go separate ways. Sanchez has zero margin for error here before he is basically shredded by both the media and the fans.

He belongs on the West Coast where he can be comfortable and put into a situation where he could actually develop behind somebody or coached by somebody with an actual clue.

Really?

Still with the Kiss Suzy????

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Really?

Still with the Kiss Suzy????
    December 20, 2003.

9 years....approaching a FULL DECADE....

And Marsico STILL decides to bring up ANCIENT(not old) news.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post

Joe has been right for so many years and yet all we've done is mock him and his views.

So if he says that Mark can still be a "championship QB with the right supporting cast around him", I believe him.

He needs a fresh start ELSEWHERE 'cause he's proven that he's NOT the QB(understatement) that the Jets need.
    I just think that is the last glimmer of your Sanchez man crush speaking. Your mind's eye has visions of him throwing to Braylon. Old habits die hard. THAT Sanchez is long gone.

Sanchez is never going to win a SB, even on a great defensive team. Offense has become too important in this league. He has problems that go way beyond his supporting cast.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I just think that is the last glimmer of your Sanchez man crush speaking. Your mind's eye has visions of him throwing to Braylon. Old habits die hard. THAT Sanchez is long gone.

Sanchez is never going to win a SB, even on a great defensive team. Offense has become too important in this league. He has problems that go way beyond his supporting cast.
    That is also true.....all of your post is.

Still, though, it would be fascinating to see what becomes of Mark after he leaves the following year.

Will there be other teams with HC's believing they can mold Mark into a real QB or will he go the way of QB's who couldn't hack it and end up in NFL Europe for the rest of their careers or something?

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    Plus ripping the Pats a new azz in the playoffs.

The Jets haven't ripped the Patriots a new azz since about 1998, so I don't know what game you're talking about, but obviously it's nothing that happened in the last 10 years, unless you're talking about one of the numerous times the Patriots slapped the Jets around (like last Thursday, or last year on Sunday Night Football, or the year before that 45-3 in New England, or the year before that where they handily won in New England, or in 2007 when they raped the Jets on opening day, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc)

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post

Jeebus.... You literally crucified me a few months ago for my agreeing and hailing Namath as absolutely right. Since then you have done a 360 and removed the Sanchez avatar and nownyounback Joe after basically calling him a drunk????

Not sure what to think......

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    So from a post full of facts, your response is a bunch of crap and spin.

LOL who is rewriting history?
    Ray, what you call crap and spin is what other people call reality. You wouldn't know a fact you saw one.

The reality is that the defense played well and Sanchez did his job and that's a lot more honest than you'll ever be about it.

Of the 4 scoring drives, one was started on the Jets side of the field. The other 3 drives were the result of turnovers by the defense...

20 yard drive
    35 yard drive
    49 yard drive

Mark did his job but stop this nonsense about how he "led" the team. It was a 3 point game going into the 4th quarter. The Jets controlled the game by solid offense and better defense. They certainly didn't win "because of Mark".
    Last edited by CleatMarks; 11-29-2012 at 09:46 PM.

I never cared what he thought to begin with. Honestly I don't even think he watches JETS games anymore.