Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: So do we still think Joe knows what he's talking about?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    So do we still think Joe knows what he's talking about?

Better question, and a more important one - do we still think REX knows what he's talking about?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Jeebus.... You literally crucified me a few months ago for my agreeing and hailing Namath as absolutely right. Since then you have done a 360 and removed the Sanchez avatar and nownyounback Joe after basically calling him a drunk????

Not sure what to think......
    I think I may have called *you* a drunk....not Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    So do we still think Joe knows what he's talking about?

Better question, and a more important one - do we still think REX knows what he's talking about?

I don't think Rex knows what REX is talking about.

How could he know what Joe is?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I never cared what he thought to begin with. Honestly I don't even think he watches JETS games anymore.
    Right. Which is why he always has a Weekly Youtube show discussing the previous Jets game....Which he "doesn't watch".
    Last edited by Vin; 11-30-2012 at 08:25 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    The mans lead two games without any offensive POINTS this season and is a turnover machine.

People are at disagreements on Sanchez because there are two types of people when it comes to him. It's either the people who look at his stats and people who watch the games.

Sure Sanchez went 21-30 for 300 or something yardage, which is good for the stats guys. But for people that watched the game they saw him have 2 crucial (and embarrassing) turnovers, and that most of his throws was in garbage time in the 4th Qtr.

Sanchez is not the answer.
    But he might be the question LOL

Seriously, you're right that stats don't show the whole picture. This game was a perfect example of that - if one didn't watch the game those stats would look okay.

I prefer W/L record and low interceptions. I'd rather win than get style points for garbage stats. All this pretty playing can make you lose the war. Just ask the British if they won the American Revolution using pretty, choreographed fighting formations. IIRC, the Americans won using scrappy fighting with some ragtag soldiers.

Eff playing pretty. Hold your fire til you see the whites of their eyes and let's win some games.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    But he might be the question LOL

Seriously, you're right that stats don't show the whole picture. This game was a perfect example of that - if one didn't watch the game those stats would look okay.

I prefer W/L record and low interceptions. I'd rather win than get style points for garbage stats. All this pretty playing can make you lose the war. Just ask the British if they won the American Revolution using pretty, choreographed fighting formations. IIRC, the Americans won using scrappy fighting with some ragtag soldiers.

Eff playing pretty. Hold your fire til you see the whites of their eyes and let's win some games.
    Problem is that we don't have a QB (assuming McElroy isn't that guy) on our roster that can do that. Our D, as you have seen all season, struggles and eventually gives way once our offense doesn't put points up thus putting a huge load on their shoulders to stop the opposing offense nearly every drive. Tim Tebow isn't going to fix that, lol. A Tim Tebow offense is going to constantly go 3NOut, be forced to settle for field goals, and pray to God that the D can hold the opposing offense to under 16 points until the second half of the 4th quarter. That's what we in the business describe as "not helpful".

We need a franchise QB, and neither of these guys (Mark/Tim) are it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jets31 View Post
    ok im not ready just yet to give up on Sanchez like many here but thats not the point.

Either way we have to continue to try and put talent around the QB position no matter who it is or is going to be.
    We cant just bank of drafting another guy and hope he is the next Manning and can turn water into wine.
    Why is this such a mystery to the vast majority of posters out here!!

Even if Sanchez is NOT the QB we have HORRIFIC skill position players when compared to the rest of the NFL. I don't honestly believe that any team would swap our offense skill players with their own EXCLUDING Sanchez....

The talent level on the Jets is disgracful.

Oh and Namath a former NFL QB has an opinion at variance with some of you concerning Sanchez and his upside and you say he should just "shut up"......

Yea he should shut up when most of you have been WRONG in attacking Namath last year and his opinions; and Namath should be discounted when he has been about 90% correct when discussing the team and you guys attacking him were mostly wrong about him and his comments last year.

And you guys are actual fans of the team....

Again Disgraceful....
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 12-01-2012 at 08:37 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Why is this such a mystery to the vast majority of posters out here!!

Even if Sanchez is NOT the QB we have HORRIFIC skill position players when compared to the rest of the NFL. I don't honestly believe that any team would swap our offense skill players with their own EXCLUDING Sanchez....

The talent level on the Jets is disgracful.

Oh and Namath a former NFL QB has an opinion at variance with some of you concerning Sanchez and his upside and you say he should just "shut up"......

Yea he should shut up when most of you have been WRONG in attacking Namath last year and his opinions; and Namath should be discounted when he has been about 90% correct when discussing the team and you guys attacking him were mostly wrong about him and his comments last year.

And you guys are actual fans of the team....

Again Disgraceful

GOOD GRIEF!!

Fixed...CB...you should never leave out your trademark
    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    My dog is named Charlie Brown. Nasty little bastard he is...bites all my friends. And me once in a while.

Anyway...Sanchez might well have a career arc like Jim Plunkett.