Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is this "Disastrous" Season Being Overplayed?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    That's a pretty funny thread.
    Must you go there???

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Must you go there???
    Love RahRah's guarantee of 12 wins and that anyone who doesn't agree is a "clown".

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    It's especially funny considering these Pasts trolls complain whenever it's pointed out that NE didn't beat anyone good/with a winning record last year. Oh, the ironings...
    Denver was a winning team and if the pats lost to the jets, Charger and Eagles they would have had winning records. They lost 2 games during the season to winning teams, one to a healthy Ben led steelers team and one to the eventual SB Champions.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4704786]Holmes/Kerley/Hill/Keller/Cumberland/Schillens is a perfectly adequate receiving corps.

Greene/Powell/McKnight is a perfectly adequate stable of backs.

Our skill is fine. Not great. Not elite. Not top-10. But fine.

Like many fans, you can deflect the massive failure of Sanchez all you wish, but the reality is we can improve either by replacing ONE person, the QB, or replacing the entire O-line, WR, TE and RB spots with HOF'ers. Which do YOU think is more reasonable?

Sheer and utter nonsense. If you think I deflect Sanchezs awful play you simply have never read any of my posts. If you think our RB's and WR are adequate I don't know how to counter than except to say, actually look at what other teams have and compare.

2 missed blocks for 2 blocked kicks, and one (or is it two?) fumbles by the return men. 4 plays, all accountable to specific individuals, not the unit as a whole. The Special Teams Coach cannot hold the ball for the returner, or stop a blocker from completely missing an assignment.

Know why there are two missed blocks and where most special teams blocks come from? the opposition spots a weak spot. A guy leaving too early. a guy not knowing what to do when there is an overload. I'm sure a few years back when San Diego was top 3 in offense and defense and missed the playoffs due to special teams it was a few missed blocks. Our specials have been terrible this year. (with the exception of our punter.)

In any event, we'll see next year if we can do better, since this is (if I recall) the Cane's last season before retirement.

This season is a disaster, and prob over blown due to:

1. Having the "BEST" roster the last 5 years
    2. "FRANCHISE" QB in his magical 4th year
    3. Ground and pound with no running game
    4. Tebow and the hype, we all know it was for the back pages, not the front page....
    5. Price to go to the game, aka PSL's
    6. Cocky GM
    7. A QB who is more focused on the girl of the month vs. the play book.... RESULT was a ASS FUMBLE on the broken/forgotten play
    8. Same yearly errors by said QB
    9. Bart Scott boycotting the media, then ripping the fans (This one is new, but does have me really ticked off... F him and his big mouth, he runs like molassas going through a tin horn in the dead of winter)
    10. Mental errors across the board

Rookie
    That prediction thread is Pure Gold Jerry !!

Some of the non kool aid drinkers could see the team for what it was. Lack of depth really hurts.

First, the season is not disastrous in any historical context. They will win a minimum of 6 games finish in the middle 1/3 of the NFL at season's end.

It is a disastrous season in the context of being a team that 2 years previous went to a conference game.

It is a disastrous season in the context of PR in how the team is perceived by its fans and the media

It is a disastrous season in the context of the team now having to be rebuilt and not being in the position to do so due to cap constraints caused by bad personnel decisions.

For jet fans who thought the team had a legitimate chance to compete again for a championship, it is a disaster. If a jet fan thought that the best it could be hoped for is 8-8 is just disappointing.

Where you perceived the team at the start of the season influences wheter you think the season is a disaster or just a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Holmes/Kerley/Hill/Keller/Cumberland/Schillens is a perfectly adequate receiving corps.

Greene/Powell/McKnight is a perfectly adequate stable of backs.
    In what conference? The ACC?

Jets Insider VIP
    I thought Sanchez would have been benched by week 3, we would be running the denver offense from last year and we would be 6-5 right now.

But we kept Sh!tchez in and the season has become a total waste because of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    If you think our RB's and WR are adequate I don't know how to counter than except to say, actually look at what other teams have and compare.
    Yes, I think they are perfectly adequate, i.e. they are at or about the mid-level, talent-wise, in the NFL in the aggregate. I think in bad times it's far too easy (and mazy) to simply say "they all suck" and demand mass firings/cuttings when you're a fan. Holmes is solid (if a dick), Kerley is perfect for the slot, and Hill is a rookie with all the measurables (and with good coachig, should learn to catch better). Keller is top-half as a reciever, Cumberland is adequate at #2 TE. Greene/McKnight/Powell combined, used right, are fine. Not used right, they're not.

I think they are poorly coached, poorly utilized and poorly led by their bottom-of-the-league QB, the last of which compounds all of the other problems.

I believe that if you replaced Sanchez with a decent QB and O-Co, this talent would produce just fine, at or above league average.

We'll never know, since Sanchez is a lock to start the rest of this season and most of next, and Sparano isn't going after one year.

Like I said, you can blame the entire O, and try and replace them all with future HOF'ers to make Sanchez look better, or you can replace Sanchez, and the rest of them will look better.

Know why there are two missed blocks and where most special teams blocks come from? the opposition spots a weak spot.
    One of the missed blocks was by our All-Pro O-lineman. Thats not a weak-spot, thats an error. They happen.

The fumble recently was by our Pro-Bowl return man (who does have a flaw, admittedly, in ballhandling). Thats closer to a weak-spot......if he wasn't an Pro-Bowl return man, and if casuing fumbles was as easy as simply identifying a "weak-spot".
    Last edited by Warfish; 11-29-2012 at 01:16 PM.

All Pro
    The most frustrating thing is that the defense not only wasn't good this year, they have been a complete dissapointment. At the beginning of the year Rex and company had us believing that we had a talented defense that would get back to its dominant ways. Good one...

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    I think I predicted the 8-8 to 10-6 range, with 10-12 wins if we got hot and the offense scored points. Naturally, losing Revis and Holmes hurt us (hamstrung us a bit on both O and D - what other teams can lose their most talented/explosive player on both O and D?), but we'd probably only have, what... only 1-3 more wins with them than without them, probably. Even with them, we still would likely wind up losing against SF and SEA, and we maybe win the 1st Pats game and maybe a couple of those others we lost close (maybe we squeak out that HOU game). Still not that good, but better than now. And not to mention that obviously, Sparano completely did not use Tebow like I (and others) expected him to (option QB/RB, occasional TE), which makes me wonder why the hell did we get him.

My concern going into the season was the same one I had in the last two seasons. Lack of skill position firepower, and lack of a pass rush. Pass protection is a tad better than last year, but the lack of punch at WR and RB still hurt, as I feared. They are worse than I predicted, as they can't beat playoff caliber teams (and while the Colts have a winning record, it's because of their schedule and they will be a 1-and-done playoff team if they still get there), and I expected them to play better and at least split against the playoff teams. Defense is worse than I expected, but that's partially because the LBs's are showing their age more than I expected, and the O cannot stay on the field long enough to keep them fresh and inspired. Not many D's can with our sup-par O. Also, what seems to be a problem with a lack of halftime adjustments if we're down has continued, and in fact, gotten worse. That's quite sad. And, last but not least, Sanchez has not grown. He makes the same exact mistakes he made as a rookie, but now he's less fiery, and seems defeated while he's making them. (Common with many a talented player who played QB for the NYJ in our history, no?)

All fans always see the bright side when everyone is 0-0... they hope for the best and us Jets fans know to also expect the worst with that, as we're used to it. As I see it, everything that could've gone bad for the Jets went bad. The only bright spot is that Wayne Hunter was gone and his replacement has been better than him. All other aspects have been varying degrees of disappointing, to flat out tragic.

Still, I want them to lose enough of these games for the organization to understand that the offense needs more firepower at the skill positions, the defense needs more speed at LB (or a pass rusher SOMEWHERE). As Jets fans, we have seen far too many times of a same old Jets moment. This years SOJ chapter would be to win all or most of the remainder of the schedule, have hope, then get squashed in the playoffs of just barely missing out.

However, my prediction that the Pats will never win another Super Bowl, and that Tom Brady may get grievously hurt, still stand.

PS - Again, I cannot understand what kind of a retarded lowlife grown human being goes on opposing team's message forums and trolls. How pathetic your lives must be to do that. Lame. I've never been on a Pats forum and never will. I have a life - work, family, hobbies, pastimes... I could never find the time and never would try. Yet, here you guys are... acting like you belong or are wanted. Or that by mocking a team that you (correction, your TEAM, not you) have owned for probably 10 or so out of the last 11 or so years that you are creating a greater good on society by eliminating evil and suffering and promoting good and prosperity. Are you f***ers serious? You may think you're so clever, "Ha-ha, I'm gonna' make some fellow human beings who like a rival team feel like **** today, hahaha! Oh, I’m so f***ing smaht and the world is better with me being a troll! HAHAHAHA!!" Like... serious? Are you that low-IQ? That lifeless? That d!ck-w@ddy? And you probably weren't even Pats fans before 1994 or so, because you all act like bandwagoners and not like true fans that understand that these things happen in cycles, and eventually you'll be on the other end at some point.

A life. Get one, Pasts fans.
    Last edited by ChrisChrusher#40; 11-29-2012 at 01:36 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Your prediction will be spot on when the Jets reach 9-7

Only question really is whether it gets them into the dance

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    In my opinion, the "disastrous" season is not being overplayed at all.

- The Jets have five blowout losses this year.
    - The locker room has been lost multiple times over the past year.
    - The quarterback, skill position players, and linebacker unit are all bottom five in the NFL.
    - Most of the team's draft picks over the past 3 years have been busts.
    - The level of talent on the roster has decreased for multiple years in a row.
    - Management is more interested in grabbing headlines than building a winner on the field.
    - The team's philosophy and strategy is ancient and runs directly counter to what has proven to be successful in the NFL over the past decade.
    - The team's salary cap situation is very poor through next season.

The team needs new leadership on and off the field, better talent at key positions, and a new vision for the future.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

More cellphone smack from the Texas Trolling Turd

Do a quick check Sh1tbrains and google up what phone you are smacking

SGH-T999

Then quit when you discover what an ignorant old dummy you are making of yourself

Last edited by sg3; 11-29-2012 at 01:53 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Dude can't even get through 2 posts without blatantly lying. He knows the Colts have a winning record and the Jets beat them, at the very least it would have taken 2-3 clicks of his mouse to find that information. He adds nothing to the forum, he clearly has no knowledge of the sport, and if he does and pretends to not know to annoy people then he's not even hiding his trolling. I've never seen an internet forum where the latter would not be a flagrant violation of forum rules, he's done it approximately 51,000 times.
    Did they have a winning record when we played them?

No.

Tex isn't even going all out, you guys act like a bunch of 8 year olds. "The troll was mean to me!!! Get him Daddy!"

I thought 11-5 Pre-Season.

Revis went down and I downgraded to 10-6 (Thought we would win home game against Pats)

Only game we have lost so far that I thought we would win was Miami.

The team can go 9-7. Will it? Dunno.

I am shocked with how bad some of the losses were. That has been the surprise to me.

Season has been pretty damn bad but these last 5 will go like this

If Jets can get up 10-0 on any of these five, Jets will win

If we get down 0-10 to any of these teams, we most likely will be unable to climb back

That's what its like to have a horrible offence.

This teams confidence is hemoraging

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Your prediction will be spot on when the Jets reach 9-7

Only question really is whether it gets them into the dance

You first predicted 11-5. Now you are sure they'll run the table and it'll be 9-7. If they lose this week or next, then you'll say 8-8, and so on, and so on. Keep going and by week 17, I guess you'll finally be right for once.