Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this "Disastrous" Season Being Overplayed?

Is this "Disastrous" Season Being Overplayed?

Think about it. If you looked at the schedule before the season, which games would you have expected this team to win, and which would you have chalked up as a loss? Especially if you were to find out that Revis and Holmes would both be IR'd by week 4?

I would have expected to beat Buffalo and Indy at home, beat the Rams and maybe sweep the Dolphins, although splitting with them would not have been a shock. Certainly would not expect to beat the Steelers in their home opener,the Seahawks on the road, as well as three Super Bowl contenders, Houston, SF & New England. And I would expect to win at least 4 out of the last 5 remaining games, which still might happen.

Granted, the Jets have lost more blowouts than usual but, on the other hand, 3 out of their 4 wins have been fairly one-sided.

Needless to say, a more talented version of the Jets (e.g. the 2010 team) should have won a couple more on this schedule and, obviously, a serious effort to upgrade the talent at several positions during the off-season is a must. But I don't think people should be so shocked at the 4-7 record to date.

I had the jets 8-5 going into week 15. I was wrong... 4-7 sux and i never would hav predicted it.

This was supposed to be the most talented Jets roster ever. WTF

Hall Of Fame
    Team was sold to us as a contender. Some of us never bought it and questioned the moves that were made. The point is that they set themselves up for failure and need to be held accountable.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerricho89 View Post
    ]

Granted, the Jets have lost more blowouts than usual but, on the other hand, 3 out of their 4 wins have been fairly one-sided.

Congrats on beating up on the bottom-feeders in the NFL.

Against teams with winning records, the Jets are 0-6 and have been outscored 190-79.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

Against teams with winning records, the Jets are 0-6 and have been outscored 190-79.
    STATZ!!!!!!

they never lie.

I luv flounder.. 1 of my fav fish for lunch... 9-7 here come jets . # 6 seed

Wrong. The Colts are 7-4. The Jets beat them 35-9.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

another example of Trolling every thread

Just read another thread, where Jets fans were asking Mods to have you banned

Don't blame them...time for the Jets to blow it up....well, time for JI to blow you up

He really needs to go

It's how they lost, not how many.

If you had any expectations of this team prior to the season with the roster we were fielding thats on you.

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post

Don't blame them...time for the Jets to blow it up....well, time for JI to blow you up

He really needs to go
    +1

Jets Insider VIP

He really needs to go
    +++a million

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Jerricho89 View Post
    Think about it. If you looked at the schedule before the season, which games would you have expected this team to win, and which would you have chalked up as a loss? Especially if you were to find out that Revis and Holmes would both be IR'd by week 4?

I would have expected to beat Buffalo and Indy at home, beat the Rams and maybe sweep the Dolphins, although splitting with them would not have been a shock. Certainly would not expect to beat the Steelers in their home opener,the Seahawks on the road, as well as three Super Bowl contenders, Houston, SF & New England. And I would expect to win at least 4 out of the last 5 remaining games, which still might happen.

Needless to say, a more talented version of the Jets (e.g. the 2010 team) should have won a couple more on this schedule and, obviously, a serious effort to upgrade the talent at several positions during the off-season is a must. But I don't think people should be so shocked at the 4-7 record to date.
    That's loser talk. You should expect they win every game. You don't play the sub .500 teams in the playoffs. Obviously they won't win them all, but in particular the way they have been losing is unacceptable. Just having a good record isn't the goal. Losing should not be acceptable because the other team does not suck.

I think people are pissed more so that they see a team that has quit, and doesn't seem to care. They see a team with major flaws that need real solutions. They aren't impressed with beating teams that are bad.

He really needs to go
    Dude can't even get through 2 posts without blatantly lying. He knows the Colts have a winning record and the Jets beat them, at the very least it would have taken 2-3 clicks of his mouse to find that information. He adds nothing to the forum, he clearly has no knowledge of the sport, and if he does and pretends to not know to annoy people then he's not even hiding his trolling. I've never seen an internet forum where the latter would not be a flagrant violation of forum rules, he's done it approximately 51,000 times.

Bewildered Beast

A jewel of a post, considering the title. But you've been shooting your load all over, so your point (scathing and 100% correct) is getting shrill.

You wouldn't want that, right?

Time for warm milk there, Bubba.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    A jewel of a post, considering the title. But you've been shooting your load all over, so your point (scathing and 100% correct) is getting shrill.

You wouldn't want that, right?

Time for warm milk there, Bubba.
    It's especially funny considering these Pasts trolls complain whenever it's pointed out that NE didn't beat anyone good/with a winning record last year. Oh, the ironings...

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

I was pretty certain that the offense would suck. The players we have at the skill positions...just a sad group. And that we before Santonio got hurt.

But I thought the defense was going to be dominant, it's pretty shocking how bad it's been considering the talent we have there. How did we have the number 1 defense in 2009 with Lito Sheppard, Jim Leonhard, Eric Smith and Marques Douglas all starting? All those positions have supposedly been upgraded but the defense is so much worse.

And the special teams have fallen off a cliff.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    I was pretty certain that the offense would suck. The players we have at the skill positions...just a sad group. And that we before Santonio got hurt.

But I thought the defense was going to be dominant, it's pretty shocking how bad it's been considering the talent we have there. How did we have the number 1 defense in 2009 with Lito Sheppard, Jim Leonhard, Eric Smith and Marques Douglas all starting? All those positions have supposedly been upgraded but the defense is so much worse.

And the special teams have fallen off a cliff.
    Boy I remember hoping you would be proven wrong; didn't like your sudden pessimism. Then, when we jumped Buffalo 48 to whatever, and then ....and then... and ...now I'm sad too.

the fact that you take the time to look up cumulative point totals in Jets losses before posting is sad.