Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40

Thread: Tyrann "Honey-Badger" Mathieu to enter NFL draft

  1. #21
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    39
    Post Thanks / Like
    someone will take a chance on this kid by the 2nd or 3rd round, depending on his personal workouts, combine, drug test, etc. if he shows he is still in shape and has the will to dominate the game, someone like the raiders, cowboys will take a shot on him. EARLY.

    Lets no forget that this kid was invited to the Heisman presentation less then one year ago. The kid can ball. Would of been a top 10 pick last year, but now we think he will go undrafted is ridiculous.

  2. #22
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mianus CT
    Posts
    7,673
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    The guy gets in the headlines and has had issues off the field. Sounds like a Rex Ryan type of guy.
    Yep idiot Rex will trade up and give up half our draft for this guy in the first round

  3. #23
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,378
    Post Thanks / Like
    Intriguing safety prospect. Not a CB in the NFL. Jets could use more safeties for sure -- Landry and Bell are FA's, Bell is old and Landry is always an injury ? -- Not a first round worthy pick though. Second round? Sure.

  4. #24
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    6,374
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PrivateJoker6 View Post
    someone will take a chance on this kid by the 2nd or 3rd round, depending on his personal workouts, combine, drug test, etc. if he shows he is still in shape and has the will to dominate the game, someone like the raiders, cowboys will take a shot on him. EARLY.

    Lets no forget that this kid was invited to the Heisman presentation less then one year ago. The kid can ball. Would of been a top 10 pick last year, but now we think he will go undrafted is ridiculous.
    No he wouldn't have.


    I don't know why it's so hard for people to separate college football and the NFL. Success in one doesn't equal success in the other.

    This kid made a number of big plays for LSU, but he's poor in coverage and lacks the size to play safety. Toward the end of the year, teams actually started to figure out that he was the weak link in the LSU defense if you consistently went after him.



    All you need nowadays is a few SportsCenter plays and a good nickname and everyone thinks you're awesome.

  5. #25
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    684
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Intriguing safety prospect. Not a CB in the NFL. Jets could use more safeties for sure -- Landry and Bell are FA's, Bell is old and Landry is always an injury ? -- Not a first round worthy pick though. Second round? Sure.
    As a S, he's got Tyrone Carter written all over him. DO NOT DRAFT HIGH.

  6. #26
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,056
    Post Thanks / Like
    the biggest difference between jenkins and honeybadger is jenkins played last year

  7. #27
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    721
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you want a small safety get Lamarcus Joyner from FSU. He can also play corner. Not sure if he will come out this year

  8. #28
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,378
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    As a S, he's got Tyrone Carter written all over him. DO NOT DRAFT HIGH.
    Well he sure as **** isn't a CB, and that's a pretty low ceiling to live up to. Guess you're not a fan? Haha.

  9. #29
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,661
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who did this guy piss off that he was given the nickname of "Honey Badger"

    That certainly doesn't sound like something that would strike fear in the hearts of his football opponents.


    At least "Muscle-Hamster" sounds a bit tough(with the Muscle-part)....

    "Honey-Badger" sounds like a pet name someone's wife would call her husband.

  10. #30
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    4,584
    Post Thanks / Like
    The dude is a Baller, and the NFL drafts ballers. Simple enough.

    Look no further than this year with Vontaze and Irvin. Sure, not great, but serviceable enough with enough impact plays to warrant a draft pick.

  11. #31
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    372
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PrivateJoker6 View Post
    , someone like the raiders, cowboys will take a shot on him.
    seriously??? this guy has Bengals written ALL over him.

  12. #32
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,481
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PrivateJoker6 View Post
    someone will take a chance on this kid by the 2nd or 3rd round, depending on his personal workouts, combine, drug test, etc. if he shows he is still in shape and has the will to dominate the game, someone like the raiders, cowboys will take a shot on him. EARLY.

    Lets no forget that this kid was invited to the Heisman presentation less then one year ago. The kid can ball. Would of been a top 10 pick last year, but now we think he will go undrafted is ridiculous.
    Burfict was a consensus top 10 pick too. And he didn't even get kicked off of his team.

  13. #33
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,481
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    The dude is a Baller, and the NFL drafts ballers. Simple enough.

    Look no further than this year with Vontaze and Irvin. Sure, not great, but serviceable enough with enough impact plays to warrant a draft pick.
    He went undrafted...

  14. #34
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    73
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure the Pasts will take him in an attempt to improve their garbage defense and add as many criminals as possible.

  15. #35
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Atkins, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,263
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's a freakin cancer.

  16. #36
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    8,764
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Who did this guy piss off that he was given the nickname of "Honey Badger"

    That certainly doesn't sound like something that would strike fear in the hearts of his football opponents.


    At least "Muscle-Hamster" sounds a bit tough(with the Muscle-part)....

    "Honey-Badger" sounds like a pet name someone's wife would call her husband.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg
    Last edited by Peebag; 11-29-2012 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Vin really needs to get out more or I need to surf less...

  17. #37
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    4,584
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    He went undrafted...
    Right. My point was that he dropped from first round talent to I drafted because of these same 'character issues', but he's a serviceable at worst player in the nFL right now.

    In hindsight, teams would have given up a pick for his play.

    Accordingly, I believe a team will give up a pick for the honey badger.

  18. #38
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    286
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FootballFan1 View Post
    I'm sure the Pasts will take him in an attempt to improve their garbage defense and add as many criminals as possible.
    Talib, Dennard and Mathieu at CB would certainly be a secondary that plays with swagger.

  19. #39
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    495
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's Tebow with character issues.
    Great in college,but in the pro's...special teamer,part time player.

    Should be a 5th rounder but someone might bite end of round 3 (it only takes one to believe the hype machine)

  20. #40
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,640
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kid is way too small to play safety, does not have the coverage ability to play corner, can be a good k/PR guy. Late 4th or 5th round at best.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us